October 03, 2024, 05:32:59 AM

Author Topic: 2011-09-13 - Cincinnati, OH - Taft Theatre  (Read 12959 times)

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2011-09-13 - Cincinnati, OH - Taft Theatre
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2011, 06:39:26 AM »
Makes perfect sense.  He mentioned the strain on his voice at the show on Saturday in Newark and was drinking from his Gatorade & thermos left and right throughout the show to keep loose.  And in several of the songs later on in the set he would sing lower octave instead of straining for the hight notes.  They've toured like crazy this year, way much more than they initially planned.  Nice to see they're working on rescheduling the dates for you folks.

On another note, I posted a similar comment on the thread for the Albany, NY show Sunday....it just sickens me how quick and absurd the friggin rumors spread whenever Scott is involved in anything. 
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2011, 06:49:20 AM »
It really is awful, as soon as word started spreading that there might be the slightest bit of problem with the show, some guy comes strolling around "hey show's cancelled, Scott overdosed and is in the hospital"  going around spreading it like fact.  Sure he may have been in the hospital getting his throat checked out but no because its Weiland it's automatically Heroin.
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2011, 07:31:13 AM »
I hope the non-fans' doubts are put to rest after this! It takes something rather drastic to prove their rumours wrong! Hope Scott gets well asap! Maximum rest it should be. Im sure the wait could be annoying, but well they postponed the shows. Most important thing now is Scott getting some needed rest. Everyone shall know now how hard touring can be and how it takes its toll on Musicians, musicians who have been doin it for so many years! N doin it day in, day out now, they do need rest too.

N now dat i think about it, i can just imagine how much he was straining his vocal chords when he was touring with VR! Scary! :O Here's wishin a speedy recovery, Scott!!!!

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »
Sucks that the Cincinnati show isn't getting rescheduled.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2011, 03:16:54 PM »
Sucks that the Cincinnati show isn't getting rescheduled.
Scott has no luck here.  Last year he fell off stage, this year had to cancel at the last minute... shame.  I really hope they don't get scared off from Cincy!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2011, 04:21:57 PM »
Everyone shall know now how hard touring can be and how it takes its toll on Musicians, musicians who have been doin it for so many years! N doin it day in, day out now, they do need rest too.

And actually with this last tour they've actually been booking a good amount of back-to-backs.  So throw that into the fact that they've toured nonstop even though the original intentions were to just tour in phases.  They're definitely pushing themselves, and I think that's a great sign.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2011, 08:54:37 PM »
Poor thing, I hope he gets well soon. It's never sweet when your own body has to tell you "please, give me a break".

Some guy said Scott ODed and was at Mercy Hospital, but I'm praying it's only laryngitis!  I suppose we will wait and see
Some people should be charged for speaking.

BTW Cincy appears as "postponed" on STP site
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2011, 01:12:36 AM »
damn. hope Scott is alright and JUST a cold of somesort. i have tixs for saturdays show and if canceled that would be the 3rd  show i went to see them that got canceled.
I also have tickets for Saturday so I really hope he gets better. But, his health is more important. I've seen em four times this year, so even though I really want to go, if cancelling to get some rest means he'll be healthy, then i'm ok with it. But it would really suck. I'm driving 4 hours to see this show.  I feel bad everyone going to this show, having it cancelled a few hours before showtime.
I went to the newkirk show last month and that was a 3 hr drive and i would have totally bummed if i had to turn right around and come back. the only thing good about the concho show is i live about 10 minutes away from there.
Yeah... but i'll still go. There's a lot of pictures I want to take in El Reno. I'm a freak when it comes to travel and photography. But I wiuld still be very upset if they cancelled.

Have you ever been to Sids in El Reno?
Oh well, at least they rescheduled. As I said, I would much rather him be healthy then risk damaging his voice.

Nope, never been to El Reno. I just saw a few pics of it though, it looks pretty cool. How far is Weatherford from El Reno? Now that I'll have more time because of the cancellation I'm thinking about stopping their too.

Sids is the bomb. They have fried onion burgers. Best in town or state for that matter. Sids was also on Man Vs. Food. Weatherford is about 40 miles west of El Reno.
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2011, 02:33:39 PM »
I hope the non-fans' doubts are put to rest after this! It takes something rather drastic to prove their rumours wrong! Hope Scott gets well asap! Maximum rest it should be. Im sure the wait could be annoying, but well they postponed the shows. Most important thing now is Scott getting some needed rest. Everyone shall know now how hard touring can be and how it takes its toll on Musicians, musicians who have been doin it for so many years! N doin it day in, day out now, they do need rest too.

N now dat i think about it, i can just imagine how much he was straining his vocal chords when he was touring with VR! Scary! :O Here's wishin a speedy recovery, Scott!!!!

Yep he definitely is branded still for every move.  It's like a smoker who dies.  He might have fell in front of a bus and got killed but at the funeral he was a smoker amongst the people.
 It just hurts when people who say theyre fans but the first word out of their mouth has something to do with intoxication.
  Take your time and heal up Scotty we all got a great fix in the last 3 years.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 02:35:39 PM by hawk900 »

terri2473

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2011, 05:45:05 PM »
Cancelled show.  So bummed!  Met Rose Hill Drive though..  Great guys, great music.  Check them out sometime!
So on a scale from 1 to 10 how would you rate Rose Hill Drive? as far as opening bands go.
1 being lowest and 10 being highest - It's a 10.  They are awesome and what Daniel can do with the guitar is amazing.  I saw a video of Leslie West talking about him.  They played somewhere and jammed together. He really liked Daniel.  If you haven't heard them, get their cd's.  While Purple was talking with Daniel, before we got there, Purple called my son. We were in the car, on the way.  Daniel talked to both of us on the phone while we were driving down..  Pretty awesome! Daniel and Jake both took the time to talk guitars and amps with my son. We also talked with the drummer, Nate, about the Reds and Rockies(they are from Colorado), etc.    ;D

Hazy Daze

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2011, 06:04:48 PM »
Yeah, there were a few pretty rediculous "fans" there.

Danielle (Sad Daisy Girl) and I drove about 5 1/2 hours from Erie Pa to Cincinnati and got a hotel about 15 miles northeast of downtown.  I can't really speak in much detail about being at the venue because it was all kind of a blur to me.  What I do remember though is Danielle and I were standing by the stage entrance out back hoping to catch a glimpse of someone from the band entering from their tour busses parked across the street. There was a couple there talking to the guys unloading RHD's equipment, they were the only other people standing around the back entrance because everyone else got in line at the front entrance. All of a sudden the guy gets pissed off and walks over to us and says something along the lines of "Scott is at Mercy Hospital and OD'ed, the show is cancelled." We stood there in disbelief for a few minutes, disappointed but more scared that Scott isn't alright than anything. Then we decided to go up front and figure out what was going on but no one had an idea. A few minutes later a rumor caught wind that the show was cancelled and the guys at the box office confirmed it.  We could've gone without hearing the OD rumor, that was in the back of our minds the rest of the night because we never actually got official word why Scott couldn't make it until the next morning.

I don't get how a "fan" can create a rumor like that. He probably just got frustrated when the guys he was talking to said it was cancelled and didn't give him much information. But instead of just leaving he decided to make an assumption and start a rumor.  There were a couple other fans in line to get free posters later on that made that same assumption and were talking openly about Scott's fictional current drug use.

I can understand being frustrated about a show being cancelled but what kind of person starts a rumor like that or get's that angry at the band?  How selfish can you be? Wouldn't you be more worried about a band member's health than STP not being able to entertain you that night?  Sure I was disappointed we went that far and didn't see the band and I know Danielle was too but at no point did we even think about saying anything negative about Scott or STP for other people around us to hear.

I'm really glad though we decided last minute to see STP in Niagra falls last week because it was an amazing experience that I'll never forget. Both RHD and STP killed it that night. Don't get me wrong, Cincy was a nice little get away from home and considering all of the different circumstances I had a fun time overall. It was just a bummer to hear some negative comments about STP from a couple people paying to see their show.  I just hope that they reschedule this show so we can see them again relatively soon.

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2011, 02:29:56 AM »
I should have known going to see an STP show on the 13th wasn't a good idea.

I'm not superstitious... just a little stitious.
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

terri2473

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2011, 03:37:20 AM »
Cancelled show.  So bummed!  Met Rose Hill Drive though..  Great guys, great music.  Check them out sometime!
So on a scale from 1 to 10 how would you rate Rose Hill Drive? as far as opening bands go.
1 being lowest and 10 being highest - It's a 10.  They are awesome and what Daniel can do with the guitar is amazing.  I saw a video of Leslie West talking about him.  They played somewhere and jammed together. He really liked Daniel.  If you haven't heard them, get their cd's.  While Purple was talking with Daniel, before we got there, Purple called my son. We were in the car, on the way.  Daniel talked to both of us on the phone while we were driving down..  Pretty awesome! Daniel and Jake both took the time to talk guitars and amps with my son. We also talked with the drummer, Nate, about the Reds and Rockies(they are from Colorado), etc.    ;D
Listen to Rose Hill Drive and see - they are a "10"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIh83M-Y2fM