October 03, 2024, 05:33:15 AM

Author Topic: 2011-09-13 - Cincinnati, OH - Taft Theatre  (Read 12960 times)

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
Re: 2011-09-13 - Cincinnati, OH - Taft Theatre
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 01:07:06 AM »
Oh, nooo!!!
I am
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 01:16:24 AM »
Official word, unforseen medical circumstance.  I talked to Daniel from Rose Hill Drive (super cool guy) he said they were told Scott has laryngitis, which makes sense because he had been complaining of a cold a few shows ago.

On a brighter note, I got there around 4:30 and was walking around and saw Daniel from Rose Hill Drive sitting up against the theatre, so I walked over and asked if I could sit next to him.  We chatted for a good 20 minutes, then asked if I had their cd.  i sheepishly said no, and he walked over to their tour bus (and I use the word bus lightly.  It was an SUV with a trailer) and pulled out 2 cds for me and my buddy who I met up with at the show.  I got him to sign them, and his brother Nate came out later and I got to talk to him for a good 5 minutes. 

Some guy said Scott ODed and was at Mercy Hospital, but I'm praying it's only laryngitis!  I suppose we will wait and see
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2011, 03:05:58 AM »
I'm disappointed...but, at least it's a legit reason. Yeah, it sucks. I had front row. My 15 year old is highly pissed. He thought we still had our balcony seats. I was gonna surprise him when we walked in. I hate that it was canceled. Postponed wouldn't have stung as bad. :(
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2011, 04:18:36 AM »
damn. hope scott is alright and JUST a cold of somesort. i have tixs for saturdays show and if canceled that would be the 3rd  show i went to see them that got canceled.
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 04:31:40 AM »
damn. hope scott is alright and JUST a cold of somesort. i have tixs for saturdays show and if canceled that would be the 3rd  show i went to see them that got canceled.
I also have tickets for Saturday so I really hope he gets better. But, his health is more important. I've seen em four times this year, so even though I really want to go, if cancelling to get some rest means he'll be healthy, then i'm ok with it. But it would really suck. I'm driving 4 hours to see this show.  I feel bad everyone going to this show, having it cancelled a few hours before showtime.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 04:37:17 AM »
We didn't find out until we were in the front of the venue.

terri2473

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2011, 04:40:08 AM »
Cancelled show.  So bummed!  Met Rose Hill Drive though..  Great guys, great music.  Check them out sometime!

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 04:44:25 AM »
I also have tickets for Saturday so I really hope he gets better. But, his health is more important. I've seen em four times this year, so even though I really want to go, if cancelling to get some rest means he'll be healthy, then i'm ok with it. But it would really suck. I'm driving 4 hours to see this show.  I feel bad everyone going to this show, having it cancelled a few hours before showtime.
I went to the newkirk show last month and that was a 3 hr drive and i would have totally bummed if i had to turn right around and come back. the only thing good about the concho show is i live about 10 minutes away from there.

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2011, 04:45:41 AM »
Cancelled show.  So bummed!  Met Rose Hill Drive though..  Great guys, great music.  Check them out sometime!
So on a scale from 1 to 10 how would you rate Rose Hill Drive? as far as opening bands go.

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2011, 04:50:04 AM »
I went to the newkirk show last month and that was a 3 hr drive and i would have totally bummed if i had to turn right around and come back. the only thing good about the concho show is i live about 10 minutes away from there.
Yeah... but i'll still go. There's a lot of pictures I want to take in El Reno. I'm a freak when it comes to travel and photography. But I wiuld still be very upset if they cancelled.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2011, 05:53:28 AM »
The following is a message from the official Stone Temple Pilots website:
STP Regrettably postpones last 4 shows of the summer 2011 tour. Concho, Oklahoma already rescheduled for November 5th.
Stone Temple Pilots was scheduled to perform Tuesday night at the Taft Theater in Cincinnati, OH. But per Scott Weiland's physician's diagnosis, Scott was put on immediate vocal rest.
Dr. Sid Khosla, Director of the UC Health Voice Center in Cincinnati - "Today, myself, Dr. Eva Van Leer and ENT Dr. Keith Casper consulted with Mr. Weiland. Upon a video stroboscopy we determined his left vocal chord has likely scarring and his right vocal chord is tremendously inflamed. With such a heavy concert schedule and vocal activity we determined that Mr. Weiland could potentially run the rist of a vocal hemmorage or suffer permanent damage hence putting him on complete vocal rest."
STP apologizes to their fans and should have their remaining three shows rescheduled soon. And of course, refunds are available at the point of purchase.

Still a FANTASTIC band that continues to release GREAT music. I'm disappointed...but, i'm not gonna bitch about it. He was told not to perform. Doctors said he could do permanent damage. I 'd rather have future albums than Scott ruin his voice touring after being warned.

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2011, 05:58:42 AM »
Yeah... but i'll still go. There's a lot of pictures I want to take in El Reno. I'm a freak when it comes to travel and photography. But I wiuld still be very upset if they cancelled.

Have you ever been to Sids in El Reno?

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2011, 06:11:05 AM »
damn. hope Scott is alright and JUST a cold of somesort. i have tixs for saturdays show and if canceled that would be the 3rd  show i went to see them that got canceled.

Have you ever been to Sids in El Reno?
Oh well, at least they rescheduled. As I said, I would much rather him be healthy then risk damaging his voice.

Nope, never been to El Reno. I just saw a few pics of it though, it looks pretty cool. How far is Weatherford from El Reno? Now that I'll have more time because of the cancellation I'm thinking about stopping their too.