September 25, 2024, 06:23:11 PM

Author Topic: I'm likely gonna be interviewing the band on the 26th... suggest questions here.  (Read 11941 times)

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
I should ask them if they have any plans for a 20th anniversary reissue of Core.

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Is there any particular reason the band hasn't released anything besides studio albums or compilations?
The fans are hungry for more. Things like live albums (Unplugged, Storytellers, House of Blues, etc.), unreleased songs, unreleased footage (SLDD Doc), and other stuff like that. If the reason is a potential sales issue, then why not use the official website to do smaller limited issues, maybe based solely on pre-orders or a store exclusive (like Best Buy) or something like that.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Is there any particular reason the band hasn't released anything besides studio albums or compilations?
The fans are hungry for more. Things like live albums (Unplugged, Storytellers, House of Blues, etc.), unreleased songs, unreleased footage (SLDD Doc), and other stuff like that. If the reason is a potential sales issue, then why not use the official website to do smaller limited issues, maybe based solely on pre-orders or a store exclusive (like Best Buy) or something like that.

I believe Rob and/or Dean mentioned they are following in Led Zeppelin's footsteps in this regard, basically only releasing studio albums.  When STP releases a new song or album, they want it to be 'special' and not something that happens all the time. 
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
You should practically beg them to do another acousitc version of Sin.  Or ask if somehow they have a copy hidden away somewhere back in the depths of Rob's closet

May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

lexd75

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
I'd like to know if there's a live DVD in the works - something along the lines of what Jimmy Page did with a bunch of unreleased Zep footage (including fan-shot footage) a few years ago. I'd be a first day buyer of something like that for sure.

I'd like to know if they think its relevant (or even possible) for a rock act to sell a million plus albums these days and how that plays into their outlook for the future of the business and their place in it.

Some general thoughts -

I wonder if economics factored into their to self-produce the last record. I like the album very much and it does sound a noticeably different from the rest.

"First Kiss on Mars" would make a great single - I blast that tune on my may to work every morning and still can't get enough of it (many, many months later).

I wonder if the guys ever visit this site.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Ask about the creepiest/strangest fan encounter they've had.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Find out when they're going to release the proshot of the Houdini's mansion performance....
Bleeda blooda

emerick55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Ask them why they have slowed down many of the songs when they perform live.  I am very curious as to why, and I'm sure it has something to do with Scott's voice but it would be great to hear their rationale.  Also, after they answer - tell them to bring the songs back to normal speed! J/K But please ask them about the slowed down tempos.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
To Dean: what Scott's lips taste like? haha ;D

(don't pretend you don't care)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

I believe Rob and/or Dean mentioned they are following in Led Zeppelin's footsteps in this regard, basically only releasing studio albums.  When STP releases a new song or album, they want it to be 'special' and not something that happens all the time. 
That's a garbage excuse at this point, considering they've released next to nothing.
By now any sort of release outside a studio album would be extra-special.

Why bother even going through the process of making documentaries or books or having live shows professionally shot if they're just going to sit in a closet forever?

Who do they think they are, Prince?
:D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:44:20 PM by Rocketboy »

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Just don't ask the same old questions and I'm sure it will go great. All these questions coming from the hardcore fans will make the interview more fun for them (and you of course). Good luck and I hope it happens.

Adhesive forever ;)
adhesive love

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
You bastard ... wonder if a "rep" will go through your questions to filter them .. anyways have fun with it

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Ask them if they would ever do a multi-night stint where they play their albums in their entirety, even if that means having additional musicians to help translate the songs to a live setting?

Maybe ask what their plans are for AFTER Atlantic Records.

I too would like to know more about a possible release about locked up footage, but I just don't think they have the say. It's probably all Atlantic. A freken boxed set would be nice.

The set list thing is always interesting, but haven't they addressed it and then not really done anything about it?
I'd love to see a show like back in 96, when they would play like 24 songs with an acoustic set in the middle.

STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
If they would ever consider playing Only Dying.

This.. and will we ever hear the remastered version?
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

artinis1

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
how about a full concert live dvd, please