September 25, 2024, 08:24:38 PM

Author Topic: I'm likely gonna be interviewing the band on the 26th... suggest questions here.  (Read 11943 times)

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Its for a new online magazine and I'll link you to the website once I receive OFFICIAL confirmation. If this does happen I'll be sure to ask them as much as possible about their next album and the Cinnamon video.

But yeah if there's anything you want to ask them, just let me know.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Lol Cinnamon video. I had forgotten it exists.  ;D

You sure it's going to be the whole band?! I haven't seen many interviews that features all 4 members as of late.

But uhm. Ask them if they ever hang out on each others' tour buses. You know, playing XBox or whatever.

Also ask if they'd rather be playing different tunes every night rather than basically the same 20 songs for entire tours.
Bleeda blooda

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Grab the hate and drown it out
    • View Profile
yeah, just ask the most simple question. Can you please change the setlist up more, and why do you not when you have so many great tunes?

MM 3/10/09 STP 10/6/09 EC 6/19/10 SP7/16/10
STP 10/19/10 3EB 5/11/11 B182 8/12/11
Godsmack 8/16/11 Incubus 9/17/11
Foo's 11/8/11 Bush 12/2/11 JA 3/10/12 Bush 8/1/12
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Its for a new online magazine and I'll link you to the website once I receive OFFICIAL confirmation. If this does happen I'll be sure to ask them as much as possible about their next album and the Cinnamon video.

But yeah if there's anything you want to ask them, just let me know.

Question 1: Adhesive is widely regarded as one of their best songs, why have they never played it live?

Question 2: Whatever happened to Dean's 1957 Les Paul Special? Why hasn't he used it live since 2002?

Question 3: Why have they only played 6 songs off of Self Titled? Why don't they play First Kiss on Mars or Peacoat?

Question 4: Why haven't they played a single acoustic song since the reunion?

I have more if you want it lol
Grab the hate and drown it out...

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
Yeah, definitely ask about the set list and it's lack of change.

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
A question I'd wanna ask is, if they're planning anytime soon to go to places they haven't been to yet, like they did recently when they went to Indonesia and Singapore.. any other places like that anytime soon again? Since, I come from India and there are so many ppl here who have grown up thru the 90's and most of the bands from the era are back now, how important do they think it is to go to these places new to them, places they haven't explored yet :)

U won't believe it, Metallica which is one of the biggest most followed bands is finally comin to India only this year lol! :D Maiden, Megadeth, Mr. Big, have come and gone recently too. Pearl Jam might come this year for the same event Metallica'll be here for. Still a MIGHT! :D So just wanted to know wat it is to them at this point of their life, the interest to travel somewhere unexplored.

Thanks, dat aside, the obvious new album plans if any question.
good luck with the interview, sonofthecastle :)

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

Obviously new album, setlist, and Cinnamon video
Also ask what their favorite song to play live is
Ask if they'll ever bring back the acoustic sets
If Scott is going to bring back the acoustic guitar during Bi-Polar Bear this tour
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
Will the fans ever get to see the SLDD documentary? (lol)

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
Will the fans ever get to see the SLDD documentary? (lol)

This. And any possible footage from the Tiny Music sessions (ie Trippin' video).

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
You should just ask them if they ever plan on releasing all that footage they have locked away. MJY performances, the pro-shot show from 1994, recording sessions and rehearsals form all their albums, the entire 1999 House of Blues Show, the SLDD documentary, ETC.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
If they would ever consider playing Only Dying.

You should tell them that you got your questions from a fansite so they know that this is what their fans want to know/see
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
Ask them why they didnt come to Venezuela on the South American tour last year and if they are ever coming here :(
Seems like you left me when you broke down

That Random Guy

• BE's random bisexual madman.
  • Co-Pilot
  • "I'm in love with love"- SW
    • View Profile
Ask them if they're evrer gonna hit up the Big Easy anytime in the near future. Also, are Rob, Dean, or Eric planning on writing any books of their own?
STP doesn't just make awesome songs, they make awesome songs about life.

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Well I doubt it'd be the whole band. Honestly I'd wanna interview Dean the most.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Well I doubt it'd be the whole band. Honestly I'd wanna interview Dean the most.

Well, then deff ask about his Les Paul Special for me lol