September 20, 2024, 04:52:38 AM

Author Topic: 2011-08-16 - Austin, TX - ACL Moody Theater  (Read 11079 times)

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
Re: 2011-08-16 - Austin, TX - ACL Moody Theater
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 04:09:48 AM »
Anyone else going to this show?  I'm gonna be there, got floor seats. 

Is anyone going to the Jack Daniels Pre Party?  Would love to meet some of you guys.

Defiantely going to this show along with my uncle, step dad, and mom.  What is the Jack Daniels Pre Party?
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 04:19:40 AM »
Has anybody heard of the band "Jetstream"? The ACL Live website says they are opening. I don't see an opening band for the Dallas show though, so i'm not sure if this is just a one show thing or what.
Your gonna love Jetstream
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

txgirl6927

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 04:56:37 AM »

Is anyone going to the Jack Daniels Pre Party?  Would love to meet some of you guys.

Defiantely going to this show along with my uncle, step dad, and mom.  What is the Jack Daniels Pre Party?

Got an email from them today, here is the info....

ACL Live - Jack Daniels Balcony Lobby

What you'll enjoy:

•Complimentary pizza
•Jack Daniels drink specials
•Ticket giveaways
•Early entry into the venue
What you need to know:

•Party starts at 5:30pm! Get there early to enjoy the free food! Admittance is limited based on capacity.
•Come up the venue steps, then up the Mezzanine entrance stairs, just to the right of the main entrance doors.
•You must have a ticket for the STP show to enter.

04/12/11: Kings of Leon w/Band of Horses
05/18/11: Avenged Sevenfold
08/16/11: STP @ Austin City Limits Live
03/7/12: Radiohead
If you should die before me ask if you can bring a friend ....

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 05:00:10 AM »

Got an email from them today, here is the info....

ACL Live - Jack Daniels Balcony Lobby

What you'll enjoy:

•Complimentary pizza
•Jack Daniels drink specials
•Ticket giveaways
•Early entry into the venue
What you need to know:

•Party starts at 5:30pm! Get there early to enjoy the free food! Admittance is limited based on capacity.
•Come up the venue steps, then up the Mezzanine entrance stairs, just to the right of the main entrance doors.
•You must have a ticket for the STP show to enter.

Sweet, thanks for giving me the heads up!  I'll defiantly let my family know, do you know if they will let me in, cuz if they are serving alcohol they might need to see my ID and I'm only 19.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 05:19:56 AM »
So pumped! Got in to Austin today and drove around some of the hill country towns in the area (Dripping Springs, Driftwood) andtook some pics. I'm not sure if I will be going to the party or not, but it does sound pretty cool. Anyway, can't wait! I'll try and get back to the hotel tomorrow night and write my stupid un-organized review.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 07:48:19 AM »
What an amazing show!

First of all, Moody Theater is an awesome venue, definately the best place i've seen STP or really anyone. Also, you guys were right, Jetstream was awesome, great opening band. Now for STP.

I had an awesome seat, first row balcony on Robert's side, so I had a clear view of the stage with no one in my way. I was expecting STP to come on at about 9:15, but they I got a little worried when it was 9:35 and they still were not out. But then at about 9:45 or so the lights dimmed and the intro music came on. Then STP came out, and ripped into a very energetic rendition of Crackerman. Weiland sounded amazing, much better than Birmingham and Thackerville. He was moving around the stage a lot, you could tell the guys were having a great time. Also compared to my other shows, the band interacted with the crowd a lot more, especially Weiland, who mentioned how they always like playing in Austin. Also Robert saw me a couple times and even waved, and during Big Bang Baby, I was waving at Weiland (he was on my side of the stage), and he actually pointed up towards me and winked. They skipped Bi-Polar but they did play D&B, although Weiland didn't let anyone sing the intro. They ended with an awesome version of Trippin', and before we knew it the show was over. Anyway, this was by far the best STP show i've been to, they sounded amazing. Now on to Dallas!

I got a LOT of pictures and some video I will share asap (which probably means Thursday).
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 08:17:46 AM »
Wow! What a kick-ass show!  Just got home from the best concert of my life! 

First things first, Jetstream, the opening band.  These kids were great!!!  Ben is 18 and drums better than Eric, the bassist, Kevin, is only 14 and played almost like a mini Flea (no lie!).  The singer/guitarist named Garrett is about 17 and could shred the hell out of a guitar!  Got lucky to run into these guys after the STP show and they were just so psyched to be touring with STP.  After speaking with their dad, it turns out that Rob heard them playing in the same studio that he was in not too long ago.  Rob was so thrilled that he had Jetstream open up for STP for the last 14 or so shows.  It turns out that these kids all met at a music academy and they are like mini prodigies!  Kids are ultra-talented they just need the incentive to begin touring and doing this for a living and they have a shot at getting huge. 

Now on to STP.  Front row center!!!  The Moody Theater was really adamant about no cameras but I did get Trippin' along with the final bow!  Scott sounded great, was sporting the leopard belt, and was a lil incoherent between songs (but I have come to expect this) but overall was vocally on top of his game.  My step-dad ended up getting the slider, along with BOTH drum sticks!!!  Eric and the band defiantly respected that the my mom and step-father and I knew all the lyrics so he defiantly hooked us up!  No Bipolar Bear  :(  but they more than made up for it by playing flawlessly.  Scott sang "Down" differently than I ever have heard by singing at one point, "Will you follow me up now".  Kinda weird but he defiantly did it on purpose. 

Scott dissed on Glee because they took the number 1 spot on the Billboard top 200 when the self titled album came out last year.  At one point I noticed Scott flipping the right side of the stage off, but it did not seem to tick him off too much other than that.  Got to slap Scott's hand which was really cool (first time he did that although I was front row center two other times), and also got some love from Rob when he strutted his way over to me.  Another thing worth noting is that Scott was wearing a wedding band on his left hand  :o .

After the show we waited outside the busses to see the guys.  We missed ole Scooter, he must of shot out of there right after the show like he usually does.  Eric had his family with him so he didn't say much.  I did think it was cute, however, that his boy was smiling at the mini-crowd shouting for Eric.  We also missed Dean, but when Rob came out he defiantly showed some love to the fans who waited until 1:00 for him to come out to his bus.  (It turns out that they all had their own bus)

Right after Rob left, Jetstream came up on their skateboards and my mom had a huge crush on the drummer so she got her drumstick signed by them (yes, she also got their drumstick).  Tomorrow in Dallas is the last show they will be doing with STP before they go back to California for school.

Trippin' on a Hole/Bow-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MafEIGH2Bjk    (At about 1:40 Rob gets super close to me)

Rob coming out to meet us after the show-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMVQ52-wsdE   
What a class act, the only one of the four to stop by for the fans.  My mom hugs him first, then step-dad, then my uncle gets in on the act!

What a night!!!  ;D

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:22:41 AM by DeadAndNotForSale »

DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 02:05:45 PM »
Very cool!  Thanks for the reviews and vids. Looking forward to more.

txgirl6927

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 02:19:52 PM »

First things first, Jetstream, the opening band.  These kids were great!!!  Ben is 18 and drums better than Eric, the bassist, Kevin, is only 14 and played almost like a mini Flea (no lie!).  The singer/guitarist named Garrett is about 17 and could shred the hell out of a guitar!  Got lucky to run into these guys after the STP show and they were just so psyched to be touring with STP.  After speaking with their dad, it turns out that Rob heard them playing in the same studio that he was in not too long ago.  Rob was so thrilled that he had Jetstream open up for STP for the last 14 or so shows.  It turns out that these kids all met at a music academy and they are like mini prodigies!  Kids are ultra-talented they just need the incentive to begin touring and doing this for a living and they have a shot at getting huge. 

Now on to STP.  Front row center!!!  The Moody Theater was really adamant about no cameras but I did get Trippin' along with the final bow!  Scott sounded great, was sporting the leopard belt, and was a lil incoherent between songs (but I have come to expect this) but overall was vocally on top of his game.  My step-dad ended up getting the slider, along with BOTH drum sticks!!!  Eric and the band defiantly respected that the my mom and step-father and I knew all the lyrics so he defiantly hooked us up!  No Bipolar Bear  :(  but they more than made up for it by playing flawlessly.  Scott sang "Down" differently than I ever have heard by singing at one point, "Will you follow me up now".  Kinda weird but he defiantly did it on purpose. 

Scott dissed on Glee because they took the number 1 spot on the Billboard top 200 when the self titled album came out last year.  At one point I noticed Scott flipping the right side of the stage off, but it did not seem to tick him off too much other than that.  Got to slap Scott's hand which was really cool (first time he did that although I was front row center two other times), and also got some love from Rob when he strutted his way over to me.  Another thing worth noting is that Scott was wearing a wedding band on his left hand  :o .

After the show we waited outside the busses to see the guys.  We missed ole Scooter, he must of shot out of there right after the show like he usually does.  Eric had his family with him so he didn't say much.  I did think it was cute, however, that his boy was smiling at the mini-crowd shouting for Eric.  We also missed Dean, but when Rob came out he defiantly showed some love to the fans who waited until 1:00 for him to come out to his bus.  (It turns out that they all had their own bus)

Right after Rob left, Jetstream came up on their skateboards and my mom had a huge crush on the drummer so she got her drumstick signed by them (yes, she also got their drumstick).  Tomorrow in Dallas is the last show they will be doing with STP before they go back to California for school.

Trippin' on a Hole/Bow-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MafEIGH2Bjk    (At about 1:40 Rob gets super close to me)

Rob coming out to meet us after the show-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMVQ52-wsdE   
What a class act, the only one of the four to stop by for the fans.  My mom hugs him first, then step-dad, then my uncle gets in on the act!

What a night!!!  ;D

Oh Wow, I think I was right behind you.  Were you with the guy that was trying REALLY hard to get a setlist after the show?  He had sunglasses on?

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 05:50:21 PM »
No that was my uncle lmao.  He would not stop trying  ::)   He kept telling the dude that it was just a piece of paper, and I couldn't help but think to myself, "Yeah just a piece of paper, let's just go".

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 09:33:23 PM »
Wow that vid of Rob playing that bass line so close up is probably the coolest thing I've seen in ages!
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 09:37:54 PM »
Ok here are my videos:
Big Bang Baby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUaRJblXaeU
Down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Quu3wD8jg
Trippin' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APNU36sagNA&feature=channel_video_title

I will have a ton of pics I will upload asap. I'm gonna try my best to get some pics and video at tonights show in Dallas.

Sinnamon Toast

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 04:31:04 AM »

What a night!!!  ;D

I was there last night and I agree with your review.  It was my very first time to see STP live and it meant the world to me!  They sounded and looked so great!  I was on the floor a little less than a 1/4 back, middle a tad to the left.  At the very front, straight ahead of me, there was a tall dude, (maybe in his 40's?), wearing the STP T-Shirt with this year's tour dates listed on the back.  I went to this show alone and was really hoping to meet some chilled out, cool people.  Sadly, and due to a very long, difficult drive from East Texas, I did not get to the venue as early as I had planned.  What happened instead:  I arrived and took my spot on the floor just in time to hear the last few songs played by Jetstream.  To my left were people toking on so much weed that a very noticeable but hilarious smoke cloud floated right above them.  To my right was a small group of drunk fools, spilling their beer everywhere, attempting to turn such an awesome show into a mosh pit a few times.  With the exception of those idiots  ::) , I had a really great time!   :)  However, I must admit, it would have been a PERFECT experience if I had been at the very front where everyone seemed really amped, as well as respectful.  Last night was a prime example of what a difference it makes to be surrounded by chill folks vs. obnoxious folks. 

I, too, noticed what appeared to be a wedding band on Scott's finger.  I wonder what that is all about?  The only thing that I would add is- of the whole band, I felt that Robert was really "connecting" with the crowd the most!  He just oozed charisma and he was on fire!  I had the biggest smile on my face and it was awesome to see Rob smile in my direction several times.   ;)   It's nice to see that I wasn't the only one that noticed how cool he was being.  After watching your vid where you guys were able to greet Rob, I am so happy for you all and envious!  Since I am a bit of a concert newbie and I am not at all familiar with Austin or Moody Theatre, I had no clue where to go to even attempt to catch a glimpse of the guys and their tour buses.  Thanks again for sharing your experience and your vids.  I really liked seeing the love Rob was showing you guys. 
Are you good and lubed up?

txgirl6927

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 04:37:00 AM »
No that was my uncle lmao.  He would not stop trying  ::)   He kept telling the dude that it was just a piece of paper, and I couldn't help but think to myself, "Yeah just a piece of paper, let's just go".

Were you kinda tall with wavy hair close to your shoulders?  I was right behind you and a tad to the right.  I was next to the blonde chick that kept headbanging and being annoying.  I think my sister was directly behind you.  I guess your entire family had the whole front row huh?

txgirl6927

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 04:39:42 AM »

What a night!!!  ;D

I was there last night and I agree with your review.  It was my very first time to see STP live and it meant the world to me!  They sounded and looked so great!  I was on the floor a little less than a 1/4 back, middle a tad to the left.  At the very front, straight ahead of me, there was a tall dude, (maybe in his 40's?), wearing the STP T-Shirt with this year's tour dates listed on the back.  I went to this show alone and was really hoping to meet some chilled out, cool people.  Sadly, and due to a very long, difficult drive from East Texas, I did not get to the venue as early as I had planned.  What happened instead:  I arrived and took my spot on the floor just in time to hear the last few songs played by Jetstream.  To my left were people toking on so much weed that a very noticeable but hilarious smoke cloud floated right above them.  To my right was a small group of drunk fools, spilling their beer everywhere, attempting to turn such an awesome show into a mosh pit a few times.  With the exception of those idiots  ::) , I had a really great time!   :)  However, I must admit, it would have been a PERFECT experience if I had been at the very front where everyone seemed really amped, as well as respectful.  Last night was a prime example of what a difference it makes to be surrounded by chill folks vs. obnoxious folks. 

I, too, noticed what appeared to be a wedding band on Scott's finger.  I wonder what that is all about?  The only thing that I would add is- of the whole band, I felt that Robert was really "connecting" with the crowd the most!  He just oozed charisma and he was on fire!  I had the biggest smile on my face and it was awesome to see Rob smile in my direction several times.   ;)   It's nice to see that I wasn't the only one that noticed how cool he was being.  After watching your vid where you guys were able to greet Rob, I am so happy for you all and envious!  Since I am a bit of a concert newbie and I am not at all familiar with Austin or Moody Theatre, I had no clue where to go to even attempt to catch a glimpse of the guys and their tour buses.  Thanks again for sharing your experience and your vids.  I really liked seeing the love Rob was showing you guys. 

That sucks you were near those people.  Next STP concert we need all the Below Empty peeps to stand right up front and center together.  It would be fun!