October 03, 2024, 04:32:05 PM

Author Topic: 2011-08-10 - Pittsburgh, PA - Trib Total Media Amphitheatre  (Read 8969 times)

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2011-08-10 Pittsburgh, PA - Trib Total Media Amphitheatre
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 12:50:04 AM »
Alright, these tix arrived. Gonna get a room in Pittsburgh the night before STP because also seeing A Perfect Circle the night before in Pittsburgh. Should be a fun 24 hours.

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2011-08-10 - Pittsburgh, PA - Trib Total Media Amphitheatre
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 02:58:56 PM »
Robert might want practice up on the "Train Kept A Rollin'" bass line, this venue is located right on a rail road track and the trains can be quite distracting if they are going by the venue. 

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 06:03:06 PM »
Alright, these tix arrived. Gonna get a room in Pittsburgh the night before STP because also seeing A Perfect Circle the night before in Pittsburgh. Should be a fun 24 hours.
Killing two birds with one stone, nice! I work at Stage AE so I will be at APC as well.

Robert might want practice up on the "Train Kept A Rollin'" bass line, this venue is located right on a rail road track and the trains can be quite distracting if they are going by the venue. 
Haha yeah it is pretty annoying, When I saw the Flaming Lips there last summer they actually set up mics by the tracks and incorporated the trains into their set!
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 10:19:21 PM »
Killing two birds with one stone, nice! I work at Stage AE so I will be at APC as well.

Haha yeah it is pretty annoying, When I saw the Flaming Lips there last summer they actually set up mics by the tracks and incorporated the trains into their set!

Cool beans, sounds like we are going to be in store for a fun 24 hours. I am not real psyched about the acoustics over at the southside but oh well. That will be the first time I will be to the Stage AE for a show, so that should be fun, even though I wish APC was not doing such an Emotive heavy set list. Primus just got announced for Stage AE in the fall, will have to consider that show......

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 10:30:46 PM »
I've always wanted to see APC but have always had something going on when they came near me.  So I hate you guys for getting to go.   :)   I also hate you for being able to go to this show.  You two are going to have a great two days!
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 11:49:15 PM »
I've always wanted to see APC but have always had something going on when they came near me.  So I hate you guys for getting to go.   :)   I also hate you for being able to go to this show.  You two are going to have a great two days!

lol, you will get to APC one day, this is the first time I have been able to catch them.  I am sure we will have some fun and we will bring back some reports.  \m/

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 10:40:07 PM »
I just bought my tickets today!!!!!!  ;D
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 02:26:15 AM »
I really want to go to this show, but Im currently pretty poor and don't know of any friends I can drag from Cincinnati to go see them haha.  I already drug my brother up to Cleveland.  So if anyone knows of a super cheap motel or hotel or something near the venue let me know because I think I can just barely afford the ticket and gas! 
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 07:19:15 AM »
I really want to go to this show, but Im currently pretty poor and don't know of any friends I can drag from Cincinnati to go see them haha.  I already drug my brother up to Cleveland.  So if anyone knows of a super cheap motel or hotel or something near the venue let me know because I think I can just barely afford the ticket and gas! 

haha, I'm pretty much in the exact same boat -- well, that is if the boat were in Baltimore... where I am....
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 07:26:24 AM »
I found a way to go to Missouri from California when I w0n free tickets. You guys got this.

Maryland and Ohio? Piece of cake. Randomly enough, the only time I've ever been to Pennsylvania, I also went to those two states. woot.
Anyways.... They're playing 45 minutes away from me and I don't even want to go cause it's a festival and I know they won't end up playing Bi-Polar Bear and that would honestly ruin the show for me. No matter how good it will end up being.  8)

Of course I may try to go anyway. Cause I fucking love seeing them in concert.
Bleeda blooda

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 07:52:06 AM »
what would be worse: you go and they don't play it...or... you don't go and they actually do play it?

haha, but yea traveling to Pittsburgh from where I'm at is a solid 4 hours -- not a big deal, but I just don't have the funds to do everything that it would cost.
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 08:27:17 PM »
So I went to look at buying tickets and I saw that there is a buy one get one offer.  And I clicked on it and I was able to buy two tickets for 44 dollars total I think.  But I held off on buying them and sent an email to the venue asking what the details were on the offer.  I dont know what type of tickets I was buying.  Hopefully I'll hear back
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 06:45:59 PM »
From band's twitter

ATTENTION PA FANS: STP will be giving away a signed drumhead on Pittsburgh's 105.9 The X! Details and sign up link coming soon!
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 02:31:49 AM »
Doubt they would do this , but it would be cool to see them perform Andy Warhol in Pittsburgh as Warhol(or Warhola as he was originally known) was from Pittsburgh and they have the Andy Warhol museum over on the Northside of Pittsburgh about 3-4 miles from the venue.