October 03, 2024, 02:29:50 PM

Author Topic: 2011-07-19 - Eastlake, OH - Classic Park  (Read 28121 times)

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2011-07-19 - Eastlake, OH - Classic Park
« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2011, 09:43:41 PM »
As you can see from my pics, I'm a little older. Lol. My son actually told Daniel the first concert I went to was Grand Funk Railroad. You know, he said "awesome!".  I love music and theirs reminds me of "the good 'ole days". Absolutely think they are awesome. Been to 3 STP concerts with my son and the one in Eastlake was one to remember!

Thanks for those pics Terri. I just bought rose hill's first two albums over the weekend and should be getting them in about a week or so. Look forward to hearing their early stuff. It looks like they were originally a three piece band.

terri2473

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2011, 11:59:35 PM »
As you can see from my pics, I'm a little older. Lol. My son actually told Daniel the first concert I went to was Grand Funk Railroad. You know, he said "awesome!".  I love music and theirs reminds me of "the good 'ole days". Absolutely think they are awesome. Been to 3 STP concerts with my son and the one in Eastlake was one to remember!

Thanks for those pics Terri. I just bought rose hill's first two albums over the weekend and should be getting them in about a week or so. Look forward to hearing their early stuff. It looks like they were originally a three piece band.
Here are a few pics I got.  You will really like "Moon is a New Earth".  I've been listening to the song  "I'm on to You" a lot.  They were a three piece.  Jake played bass.  There is a good story by a guy that used to play with them on the internet .I'll have to look for it and send the link.

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2011, 04:48:42 AM »

It is nice to see fellow "older" fans here on BE.  Welcome, Terri!! 

I was at the Eastlake concert too.  The performances were great, but the heat was brutal.  The first opening act was amazing!!  I was excited to see that the Cincinnati concert was to be held inside....at a theater!  My favorite STP concert was at the Palace Theater in Louisville.  The smaller inside venues are always the best.  I hope Cincinnati and Louisville are rescheduled!   
7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
3/30/10 Louisville, KY - THE VERY BEST
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2011, 04:55:52 AM »

I was at the Eastlake concert too.  The performances were great, but the heat was brutal.  The first opening act was amazing!!  I was excited to see that the Cincinnati concert was to be held inside....at a theater!  My favorite STP concert was at the Palace Theater in Louisville.  The smaller inside venues are always the best.  I hope Cincinnati and Louisville are rescheduled!   
I agree about the small venues, I am not a big fan of huge arenas, etc. Seeing them at two small venues in Texas last month was pretty awesome. How hot was it up there? It couldn't have been worse then the 105 degree heat we saw for 3 months straight lol.  :)
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2011, 08:24:42 AM »

I agree about the small venues, I am not a big fan of huge arenas, etc. Seeing them at two small venues in Texas last month was pretty awesome. How hot was it up there? It couldn't have been worse then the 105 degree heat we saw for 3 months straight lol.  :)

It was 90+ degrees the day of the concert.  I lived in Houston, TX for 25 years, so I know what you are talking about.  Although it wasn't as miserable as Texas heat, it was similar.  Lake Erie and the Gulf of Mexico both produce a lot of humidity, which makes it feel even hotter.  I live in southern Ohio now and was a little surprised to find it so hot in Cleveland.

I am glad you were able to go to two small venue concerts.  I hope we are all able to enjoy many more STP concerts in the future!!    8) 
7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
3/30/10 Louisville, KY - THE VERY BEST
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH

terri2473

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2011, 05:37:16 PM »

It was 90+ degrees the day of the concert.  I lived in Houston, TX for 25 years, so I know what you are talking about.  Although it wasn't as miserable as Texas heat, it was similar.  Lake Erie and the Gulf of Mexico both produce a lot of humidity, which makes it feel even hotter.  I live in southern Ohio now and was a little surprised to find it so hot in Cleveland.

I am glad you were able to go to two small venue concerts.  I hope we are all able to enjoy many more STP concerts in the future!!    8)
Thanks for the welcome!   You know,  I think I could have melted that day, it was soooooo hot! My son wanted to be on the rail, so we arrived at 1:30 pm.  The merch. guy felt so sorry for us that we were there that early and it was so hot that he gave us free STP keychains.  He said we were real fans.  It all was worth it though.  Saw Finding Clyde, ROSE HILL DRIVE,  and STP -and seeing my son on stage, with STP and his favorite guitarist, was just awesome.   He was actually bummed because the concert was scheduled for the Taft here in Cincy.  He (and I) like to be in the pit.  He always wants to be in front of Dean.  Hopefully they make it back here to Cincy or I make it to a small venue somewhere.  I'd like to see what it's like. It's great seeing them no matter where you are ! ! !

terri2473

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2011, 05:44:07 PM »

Here are a few pics I got.  You will really like "Moon is a New Earth".  I've been listening to the song  "I'm on to You" a lot.  They were a three piece.  Jake played bass.  There is a good story by a guy that used to play with them on the internet .I'll have to look for it and send the link.

Here's the link to the story I was telling you about.http://gwbstr.com/writing/20040624-westword-rhd.php

Enjoy!

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2011, 09:40:39 PM »
Thanks for the article link and pictures of Rose Hill Drive. Jake , like the rest of us , was a little sweaty at that East Lake show and you just about see through his white shirt. yikes, that was hot.

I am not on facebook or twitter or myspace or any of that social media. I went to RHD's web site and looked for an email address to send the band a photo or two from the East Lake and Pittsburgh shows, are you aware of an address where the band receives correspondence? the only address I saw on their web site was for some management people.

terri2473

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2011, 12:17:20 AM »
Thanks for the article link and pictures of Rose Hill Drive. Jake , like the rest of us , was a little sweaty at that East Lake show and you just about see through his white shirt. yikes, that was hot.

I am not on facebook or twitter or myspace or any of that social media. I went to RHD's web site and looked for an email address to send the band a photo or two from the East Lake and Pittsburgh shows, are you aware of an address where the band receives correspondence? the only address I saw on their web site was for some management people.
I'll check to see if I can get one for you......Glad you liked the article.