October 03, 2024, 04:28:26 PM

Author Topic: 2011-07-19 - Eastlake, OH - Classic Park  (Read 28132 times)

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2011-07-19 - Eastlake, OH - Classic Park
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2011, 09:17:01 PM »
I, also, can't thank you enough Railbrews for the pics!  As soon as Purple's partner sprinted over the rail, there was a rush of people trying to take his place in the front row. Since I was standing next to him it was impossible to get good pics or video.  Also, thanks to all who tried to keep them back so I could watch.

Cool deal! Yeah, it got a little rough(but not too bad , for a bit). There was a lady with a young kid in back of us and we let him up on the rail for the last few tunes so he would not become collateral damage. That kid had a blast , Scott tossed him a shirt or towel, he was stoked. Were you the one with the colorful purse?   

terri2473

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2011, 10:34:18 PM »
No -We were in front of Dean. (Did you see the other side of "Partner's" sign.  Said -  "Dean , let me play guitar.  Dean got a big laugh out of that and pointed for him to come up, but he didn't.)  I had on a grey shirt with jeans.  I can attest for Purple's partner, it was the greatest night of his life too.  I've been to see STP three years in a row now and hope they keep touring. Awesome show !  Met Purple last year in Cincy.  Front row there too.   He'll be embarrased, but I'm "partners" mom.  ;)   What a great time ! ! !  Loved Rose Hill Drive -the guitarist was so good!

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2011, 02:03:38 AM »
No -We were in front of Dean. (Did you see the other side of "Partner's" sign.  Said -  "Dean , let me play guitar.  Dean got a big laugh out of that and pointed for him to come up, but he didn't.)  I had on a grey shirt with jeans.  I can attest for Purple's partner, it was the greatest night of his life too.  I've been to see STP three years in a row now and hope they keep touring. Awesome show !  Met Purple last year in Cincy.  Front row there too.   He'll be embarrased, but I'm "partners" mom.  ;)   What a great time ! ! !  Loved Rose Hill Drive -the guitarist was so good!

Oh OK, saw you all out before the show standing in line. Here is a shot or two I took of Rose Hill :

Had another one of Purple giving a hug to Robert & your boy  as Scott is prepping the megaphone:

terri2473

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2011, 03:21:39 AM »
Wow!  Thanks again.  Now that you know I'm "old", Rose Hill's guitarist (Daniel) reminded me of someone from the 70's. The music, the moves.   Like I tell my son " I lived it !"   ;)   Hope to see more STP pictures from other concerts you see.....Maybe they'll be back in Cincy someday.

terri2473

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2011, 03:50:15 AM »
Hey, saw on their facebook page there is a date for Cincy - Sept.13th.  What was I just saying about Cincy.  ESP, Karma?????? Wow ! 

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2011, 11:23:17 PM »
A couple of late straggler photos.

and see, Scott and his polka dot shoes await at the end of the rainbow for all who were wondering....

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2011, 07:05:08 PM »
hmm I'll take it!!! never bought the idea of a pot of gold. Does Scott come along too?
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

terri2473

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2011, 03:50:25 AM »
Hey Railbrews - some more great pics.  I am looking through this to remember what a good time we had that day.  I guess by now you know the Cincy show was cancelled because of Scott's throat.  Hope he gets better.  They are refunding so I guess they won't setting another date.  Purple was at this too.  We met him and they were going to try to get on stage again.  Purple beat us there and was sitting by the stage door when Daniel from Rose Hill Drive sat next to him.  Purple called my son and we both talked to Daniel on the phone driving to the concert.  Talked to Nate, the drummer for a while and then Jacob.  See my pic, if you can.  How do you get pictures on here?.  Had a good time talking with them.  They are great guys.  Been listening to their music a lot.  I'm hooked.   Well, keep us informed of STP's concerts you've been to and let us see some more of those pictures. ;D

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2011, 12:28:46 AM »
Hey Railbrews - some more great pics.  I am looking through this to remember what a good time we had that day.  I guess by now you know the Cincy show was cancelled because of Scott's throat.  Hope he gets better.  They are refunding so I guess they won't setting another date.  Purple was at this too.  We met him and they were going to try to get on stage again.  Purple beat us there and was sitting by the stage door when Daniel from Rose Hill Drive sat next to him.  Purple called my son and we both talked to Daniel on the phone driving to the concert.  Talked to Nate, the drummer for a while and then Jacob.  See my pic, if you can.  How do you get pictures on here?.  Had a good time talking with them.  They are great guys.  Been listening to their music a lot.  I'm hooked.   Well, keep us informed of STP's concerts you've been to and let us see some more of those pictures. ;D

Hi Terri, with the photos, I usually just upload them to photobucket and once they are in there, I copy/paste the IMG code. If you do this, you can click "preview" of the post to make sure the picture shows up. I see the avatar pic, cool. Rose Hill Drive really grew on me during the three shows I saw them, I would have loved to meet the guys after their set but always had to hold my spot on the rail. Did buy a copy of their album on line from a Denver record store recently and have been listening to it a lot. Might have to dig in to some of their previous releases. I will check though my East Lake photos, I am sure I have a couple more that are post worthy.

terri2473

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2011, 12:53:14 AM »
Railbrews - thanks for the info.  I'll have to try it.  Have a few I took myself that night.  Hanging on the rail is the same reason we didn't meet Rose Hill Drive that night, but if we didn't Scott might have needed binoculars to see my sons sign.  lol  Yea, check for some more pics.  The guys were so bummed.  I hope Purple got back to school.  I feel so bad for him.  Skipped a whole day of classes, took a bus, cancelled show, had to take a bus back to school at 4:55 am and be in class by 9 am.  Now that's a fan! 

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2011, 04:11:33 PM »
Railbrews - thanks for the info.  I'll have to try it.  Have a few I took myself that night.  Hanging on the rail is the same reason we didn't meet Rose Hill Drive that night, but if we didn't Scott might have needed binoculars to see my sons sign.  lol  Yea, check for some more pics.  The guys were so bummed.  I hope Purple got back to school.  I feel so bad for him.  Skipped a whole day of classes, took a bus, cancelled show, had to take a bus back to school at 4:55 am and be in class by 9 am.  Now that's a fan! 
I got back just in time for my 9 am history class.  I was tired beyond belief though
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2011, 04:25:35 PM »
See my pic, if you can.
Love your avatar.  Sounds like the guys from Rose Hill Drive are really great.
I am
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland

terri2473

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2011, 12:38:11 AM »

Here are the pics I took with Rose Hill Drive.  Check out Purple w/my son in the photos.  They are great!  Thanks to Railbrews for telling me how to upload pics.  I'll post a few that I took at the concert 7/19/11.  Still wish we could have seen STP in Cincy.  Hope Scott is getting better?

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2011, 02:12:53 AM »
Cool pics! I totally dig them. I've seen them 5 times with STP, and then I caught them at another show here in Boston and they were the headliners. I love their sound so much.
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

terri2473

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2011, 04:50:48 AM »
As you can see from my pics, I'm a little older. Lol. My son actually told Daniel the first concert I went to was Grand Funk Railroad. You know, he said "awesome!".  I love music and theirs reminds me of "the good 'ole days". Absolutely think they are awesome. Been to 3 STP concerts with my son and the one in Eastlake was one to remember!