October 03, 2024, 06:19:57 PM

Author Topic: 2011-07-19 - Eastlake, OH - Classic Park  (Read 28148 times)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: 2011-07-19 - Eastlake, OH - Classic Park
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2011, 05:59:43 PM »
talking about scott's clothes lol he was wearing the leapord belt, I spotted it a few times when he threw his arms up...  Also he's lost some weight!  When I got up there and gave him a hug he was pretty solid, not much pudge!  He also was talking really fluidly to me.  Definitely sober

All the Bad Girls want to know - so I'll be the one to ask - was he all sweaty when he hugged you?!  *dies of jealousy*

I love that the boys are now starting to take notice of the leopard belt.  :D 

Have a safe drive home - hope the ride isn't too long for you.  Though, since I'm sure you're still floating on cloud 9 it probably won't matter if it is.  :)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2011, 06:21:26 PM »
I'm already home!  We left at 6:30 this morning because my brother had to be home early.  But yes he was very sweaty.  I have an STP shirt covered in sweat and my sign has scott sweat on it haha.  But he was pretty sweaty!  And the other guy who sang with me (the one i met at a show last year too) caught the towel scott was wiping his sweat with
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2011, 06:43:58 PM »
That was you singing the intro?! I think I was a couple people to the left of you....... And, yes I looked for STPGurl many many times!!!!!!!!

Yeah I was a bit to the left of middle.  Robert kept coming over and kneeling down right in front of me!  Ane he was the one who got me pulled onstage to sing D&B  ALso fun fact, there's a monitor up there that has the lyrics for Scott.  Its front middle on the ground.

I think I see your shadow.
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2011, 06:55:38 PM »
 :-*
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2011, 07:11:29 PM »
That was you singing the intro?! I think I was a couple people to the left of you....... And, yes I looked for STPGurl many many times!!!!!!!!

Yup I see it!

Yeah I was a bit to the left of middle.  Robert kept coming over and kneeling down right in front of me!  Ane he was the one who got me pulled onstage to sing D&B  ALso fun fact, there's a monitor up there that has the lyrics for Scott.  Its front middle on the ground.

Yup I see it.  you probably saw my brother too.  he was the tall guy with long hair and yellow bandana
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2011, 08:21:22 PM »
I'm already home!  We left at 6:30 this morning because my brother had to be home early.  But yes he was very sweaty.  I have an STP shirt covered in sweat and my sign has scott sweat on it haha.  But he was pretty sweaty!  And the other guy who sang with me (the one i met at a show last year too) caught the towel scott was wiping his sweat with
Oh dear Scott!! if you're doing it on purpose, stop it! I got a long day to go hahaha
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2011, 01:05:50 AM »
Greatest night of my life!  Met a guy who I met last year in cincinnati at the STP show and we talked before the show...  Turns out he brought a sign too and we both got up and did the intro!  I gave all the guys hugs, told Rob he was the man, then after we did the intro I gave Scott another hug and dove off the stage into the crowd!!!  Such an adrenaline rush!  Also caught a drum stick at the end!

My girlfriend and I were on the rail next to Purple(on his left) this evening and I can verify that he had a great time! lol. Got a few pictures of you all up on stage doing the intro, pretty epic stage dive when you were done, hope someone caught that on video. Also got some other good pics from the rail of the band, will post a few of these once I get them uploaded off the camera. That was a long day, we were out in that sun for the better part of six hours between waiting to get in and when STP finally came on. I saw a tech come out and scratch off a tune off the set list just before the band came on, that was BP-B as mentioned. Was bummed about that but it was good to here BBB. A few lyric flubs as mentioned but the band sounded good overall. We did a six hour round trip loop from Pittsburgh so we got back a bit late, well worth it though.

I have to say it is very cool for STP to allow cameras into shows, that is not always the case with bands nowadays. I usually kill the flash on my camera when I am up on the rail because I take quite a few pictures hoping that a few come out alright and I do not want to blind the guys. Speaking of flashes, STP gets a lot of mileage out of the rigged up light netting they use.  It works quite well. 

During sound check, the road crew played Meat Plow and Highway to Hell. 

live2cd

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2011, 06:49:17 PM »
bummed i skipped this show, but seeing the setlist im not THAT upset over it ;)

they need to change things up. its nice to hear BPB is in the set (or was), but we need more than that.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 07:29:58 PM by live2cd »
-Dewey

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2011, 07:33:41 PM »
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011

sbuxreg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/sbuxreg
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2011, 07:58:34 PM »
STPgirl   nice bumping into you and your mother down in section 113 row A.  and what the fuck was up w/ that damn net in our way? that was the WORST view i've ever had for an STP show.  good luck w/ your baby and hope you guys had a great time!!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2011, 11:19:56 PM »
Ooh - that was you!  I asked Mom if she knew your bbs name and she said she didn't ask.  What a small world, huh?  Mom always talks to everyone - I was embarrassed she was discussing me and my 10+ year old shutout. Hana.   

That net sucked solo bad. Was that your friend that yelled at the security guard about it, or just some random guy in our row?

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2011, 12:18:41 AM »
Did anybody else see Scotts shoes? Red dress shoes with white polka dots. Awesome.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2011, 02:43:08 PM »
^^ interesting.

Is the guy who heard his wedding song at the show STPgirls husband??
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2011, 05:27:17 PM »
^^ interesting.

Is the guy who heard his wedding song at the show STPgirls husband??

No - while we DID have a 90s cover band that played an hour-long set of STP at our wedding (we really did!) - our wedding song was a Better Than Ezra tune.  :)