October 03, 2024, 04:31:09 PM

Author Topic: 2011-07-19 - Eastlake, OH - Classic Park  (Read 28134 times)

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2011-07-19 - Eastlake, OH - Classic Park
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2011, 06:33:38 PM »
talking about scott's clothes lol he was wearing the leapord belt, I spotted it a few times when he threw his arms up...  Also he's lost some weight!  When I got up there and gave him a hug he was pretty solid, not much pudge!  He also was talking really fluidly to me.  Definitely sober
Haven't seen too many show since 2008 where he didn't have the leopard belt on.   I ordered the exact same one from tophat couple years back.
 hawk.
ps. I've seen him wear the polka dot shoes before but it be nice if someone has some shots cause those newspaper photos are dead and are for forsale.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2011, 07:52:31 PM »
I wonder if he has a lot of leapord belts or just wears the same one over and over again?  Wouldn't that be something if someone at a show got his belt and got it signed!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2011, 08:02:58 PM »
Wouldn't that be something if someone at a show got his belt and got it signed!

Hmmm...I think we should make it a contest to see who can get their hands on that belt.

Hey, Purple, sounds like SOMEONE had a really good time at this show.  So glad you got to sing D&B.  How awesome is that?  Are you going to post the video?
I am
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2011, 08:13:19 PM »
Wouldn't that be something if someone at a show got his belt and got it signed!

Hmmm...I think we should make it a contest to see who can get their hands on that belt.

Hey, Purple, sounds like SOMEONE had a really good time at this show.  So glad you got to sing D&B.  How awesome is that?  Are you going to post the video?

haha I had an incredible time at the show!  Im waiting for a girl I met at the show to post the video of me singing the intro and my stage dive!  I still haven't seen it yet lol. But I did change my avatar to me starting Dead and Bloated!  The video will be posted as soon as I get my hands on it!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2011, 08:34:57 PM »
Did anybody else see Scotts shoes? Red dress shoes with white polka dots. Awesome.

This awesomeness?
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2011, 10:12:19 PM »
^^  look at those babies!! lol I'm not sure about that hahahaha
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2011, 10:21:07 PM »
Did anybody else see Scotts shoes? Red dress shoes with white polka dots. Awesome.

This awesomeness?

Lol, EXACTLY!

Here was a picture of the field after the show:

I think was the only semi decent shoe shot I got:

Have a few other cool pictures to share but my power is off/on, I think due to all the AC units overloading the electric company, sigh. Will try to post a few more shorty. Focused a bit on Kretz at this show.

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2011, 11:23:58 PM »
OMG the ruby slippers.  But they kinda clash with that legendary leopard belt.  :)
I am
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2011, 12:42:46 AM »
Railbrews: Were you wearing aviator sunglasses? I think I was to the left of you.... my friend had the crazy dreads... haha.
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2011, 12:47:52 AM »
Oh, and my friend said he saw someone throw a bag of white powder onto the stage and Scott threw it back..... ??? 
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2011, 12:50:45 AM »
Railbrews: Were you wearing aviator sunglasses? I think I was to the left of you.... my friend had the crazy dreads... haha.

I saw the guy with the crazy dreads!  He was rocking out hard to the opening bands!  I was too distracted during STP's performance to notice him rocking out then haha.
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011

sbuxreg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/sbuxreg
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2011, 04:22:58 PM »
Ooh - that was you!  I asked Mom if she knew your bbs name and she said she didn't ask.  What a small world, huh?  Mom always talks to everyone - I was embarrassed she was discussing me and my 10+ year old shutout. Hana.   

That net sucked solo bad. Was that your friend that yelled at the security guard about it, or just some random guy in our row?

ya that was my friend who had a few drinks and then threw a fit. LOL

sbuxreg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/sbuxreg
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2011, 05:04:17 PM »

I saw the guy with the crazy dreads!  He was rocking out hard to the opening bands!  I was too distracted during STP's performance to notice him rocking out then haha.

are you talking about the guy in the batman shirt? i was sitting in the stands right by one of the gates to the field and he was going on and on with this cop about how he used to be a drug addict. lol.

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2011, 08:54:16 PM »
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions of things to do in and around Cleveland.  I am now in love with your fair city! 

Except for the heat, the concert was amazing.  I had GA tickets, but since the field was pretty empty when I arrived, I waited until the 2nd band was mid-way into their performance to walk down.  (A nice security guard let us sit in the stands until we were ready to move.)  I was early enough to have been in front of the stage, but since I didn't want to have a heat stroke and miss STP, I ended up standing behind the fenced-off pitcher's mound.  I wasn't as close as I like to be, but at least the hot air could circulate.  Also, I didn't have the problem with tall people blocking my view.

I was disappointed that Bi-Polar Bear was cut and I would have enjoyed hearing more songs from SLDD, Tiny Music and No. 4.  However, I enjoyed the songs on the set list.   The entire band was energetic and seemed to be happy together.  Scott looked and sounded great.  Obviously, he is sober.    I noticed the lyric flubs, but it didn't bother me.

I expected Cleveland to be flat and dirty.  I was amazed at how wrong I was!  It was clean and beautiful.   All around was woods, hills and water.  The houses, churches and other buildings were well-maintained and beautiful.  There were Spanish, Victorian, German, modern, etc. styles of architecture. The lake was clean and there were marinas, piers, beaches and lighthouses. 

We visited Chagrin Falls on Thursday.  Scott definitely came from a lovely area.  There were beautiful homes and quaint stores.  The town hall was unmanned and open to the public.  People were friendly and trusting.  The Chagrin River waterfalls and the geese feeding there, were serene.  I was surprised that there was nothing to commemorate Scott.  Usually cities have some sort of recognition of famous people who lived there.  Maybe someone will take care of that in the future. 

I guess I've rambled on enough about the Cleveland area.  I was just really impressed!   
7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
3/30/10 Louisville, KY - THE VERY BEST
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2011, 09:22:30 PM »

Hi Daisy, my girlfriend had on some aviator style sunglasses and I was right next to her, I think I might have seen you down rail!

Before the concert, we ate at the Extra Innings bar located right beyond left field. The waitress was kind enough to give us one of the STP show posters that was hanging in the bar: