September 20, 2024, 01:37:14 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland To Release Covers Album [Tracklisting]  (Read 16801 times)

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland To Release Covers Album [Tracklisting]
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2011, 04:37:02 AM »
All I have to say is I'm praying We Will Rock You isnt the version he did with DJ Hurricane. That cover is absolutely hilarious, but not in a good way at all...there's a reason why I've only listened to it once.

Radiohead? you gotta be kidding me Scott...

And why so many covers we have already listened to!? make new covers instead... i know he got many other favorite tracks he can make covers of...

Its exciting but also a bummer :/

What's wrong with Radiohead? Even if you don't like them, Scott has said multiple times they are one of his favorite "new" bands (I say new because most of what Scott seems to listen to is older stuff from the 60s and 70s)
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2011, 08:43:54 PM »
All I have to say is I'm praying We Will Rock You isnt the version he did with DJ Hurricane. That cover is absolutely hilarious, but not in a good way at all...there's a reason why I've only listened to it once.

That's the word, hilarious! never could come up with a word to describe it.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2011, 09:47:47 PM »

"Atrocity" is the word that comes to mind for me when describing that version of We Will Rock You

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2011, 11:37:24 PM »

"Atrocity" is the word that comes to mind for me when describing that version of We Will Rock You
Shouldn't Scott oughta know about atrocity, atrocity?!!  ;)
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2011, 12:02:57 AM »
^ LMFAO...that was a good one ^_^

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2011, 12:16:02 AM »

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! Well played. That's too good.

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2011, 12:52:24 AM »

Radiohead? you gotta be kidding me Scott...

And why so many covers we have already listened to!? make new covers instead... i know he got many other favorite tracks he can make covers of...

Its exciting but also a bummer :/

What's wrong with Radiohead? Even if you don't like them, Scott has said multiple times they are one of his favorite "new" bands (I say new because most of what Scott seems to listen to is older stuff from the 60s and 70s)

You are right, is HIS album, not mine. LOL.

But idk, it doesnt fit in my head Scott singing any Radiohead..

Btw, i do like Radiohead..!! :)
Seems like you left me when you broke down

emerick55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2011, 06:08:30 PM »

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! Well played. That's too good.
How could you guys not see that one coming lol

ryutahellhound

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2011, 01:52:36 AM »
It sucks that it's missing the "cover" I'd like to hear the most: "Happy." Still I'm still psyched for what we're getting.
Favorite STP Song At The Moment- Where the River Goes

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2011, 04:21:45 AM »
I like a lot of the tracks he's gonna do. I agree, I think it's odd he is missing a Beatles song. He's said in multiple interviews that he appreciates that band more then any other with regards to his biggest musical influence.

Also a side note, for some reason I never liked any of his Bowie covers with the exception of Andy Warhol.
adhesive love

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2011, 08:19:30 AM »
I agree, I think it's odd he is missing a Beatles song. He's said in multiple interviews that he appreciates that band more then any other with regards to his biggest musical influence.

Maybe his appreciation for the band is exactly why he's chosen not to cover them.  It's kinda hard to cover The Beatles - I don't like them whatsoever, but they are considered gods in their own right - not something you want to mess with.  There's just been so many baaaaaaad Beatles covers.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2011, 08:28:23 AM »
I love how he sang the first half of "Michelle" in Gramercy right before his Erik Kretz speech. It sounded haunting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9S64B2Xldw

I even tried to find a cover of this song by other artists that would sound similar to Scott's take, but no luck. All of the other versions sounds happy.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2011, 11:27:50 AM »
I agree, I think it's odd he is missing a Beatles song. He's said in multiple interviews that he appreciates that band more then any other with regards to his biggest musical influence.

Maybe his appreciation for the band is exactly why he's chosen not to cover them.  It's kinda hard to cover The Beatles - I don't like them whatsoever, but they are considered gods in their own right - not something you want to mess with.  There's just been so many baaaaaaad Beatles covers.

There are a lot of good Beatles covers too.  Especially this one... http://youtu.be/Er7CwSEb-TY

Maybe the Beatles were a huge influence musically, but not as much in his personal life.  It seems like a lot of the songs Scott's covered over the years have been directly linked to stages in his life or certain situations.  Plus I don't see them being that tough to cover, but then again, I guess it depends on the artist, and Scott makes it look easy. 
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2011, 08:35:19 PM »
I love how he sang the first half of "Michelle" in Gramercy right before his Erik Kretz speech. It sounded haunting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9S64B2Xldw

I even tried to find a cover of this song by other artists that would sound similar to Scott's take, but no luck. All of the other versions sounds happy.

I loved what he was singing although I had no idea what it was.
Sorry, I'm not a Beatles savvy, I admit in this case it's almost a crime not recognize that song :P

I know we've heard Scott doing The doors plenty of times but I really wanted him to drop some new cover of them in this CD. The Crystal Ship...
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2011, 09:23:22 AM »
Since Scott has admitted that the Beach Boys were another influence (and shares vocal similarities with Dennis Wilson), would love to hear him cover something like "Cuddle Up", which his voice would be extremely well suited for.