October 04, 2024, 12:21:16 AM

Author Topic: 2011-07-08 - Reno, NV - Peppermill Concert Hall (NEW OLD SONGS)  (Read 14733 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: 2011-07-08 - Reno, NV - Peppermill Concert Hall (NEW OLD SONGS)
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 09:20:39 PM »
Bi-Polar Bear? I don't believe it. I need video evidence.

Agreed. A couple months ago somebody posted a setlist that included Dumb Love and that turned out to not be true. I guess we'll find out in the next couple of days.
Bleeda blooda

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 09:22:10 PM »

Agreed. A couple months ago somebody posted a setlist that included Dumb Love and that turned out to not be true. I guess we'll find out in the next couple of days.

I'm cautiously optomistic.  I remember when the Dumb Love excitement happened.  i also remember when we all thought they played Take A Load Off
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2011, 09:26:21 PM »
If they did play it, I bet Scott didn't play guitar and they did it all electric a la Pretty Penny from  last year's tour.

Time will tell and it's being hell right now.  >:(
Bleeda blooda

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2011, 09:30:04 PM »
No joke, Scott and Dean talked about how they had only played Bi-Polar Bear once before. I'm just as surprised as you are.

The fact that they talked about this makes me more optomistic
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2011, 09:35:56 PM »

I'm cautiously optomistic.  I remember when the Dumb Love excitement happened.  i also remember when we all thought they played Take A Load Off

Dumb Love was because someone on Setlist.fm didn't know the name of Jean Genie and got confused by the word "No love is dumb love" on the screen behind them. Take A Load off was because a jounalist was confused.

In this case we have a poster (albeit a new one) who went to the show, specifically heard not just the name Bi-Polar Bear but also directly quotes them saying they only played the song once before. Even he was confused on the title, it's still going to be a song they've only played once before!

And I'm with Andrew on the guitar thing. Dean probably used his PRS with the Piezo output on this one.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2011, 10:22:23 PM »
i got confirmation from a person who went that I found on facebook.  Here's the messages we exchanged:

• Hey,
          So The reason I friend requested you is that I bought some Stone Temple Pilots tickets recently, and I read on a fansite of their's that they played Big Bang Baby and Bi-Polar Bear last night? And I'm seeing them soon and those are two of my favorite songs of theirs so I was just making sure that they actually played them! Thanks for any information you can give me.
          -Paul
      [/li][/list]

• Nurse Lori6 minutes agoNurse Lori[/b]
        [/size][/font]

• Yes, they played both songs. They were fantastic in Reno last night. Great time and audience interaction. Where will be see them?
        [/li][/list][/list]
        May 17th 2008
        July 8th 2009
        August 25th 2010
        July 19th 2011

Casper

• Contributors
        • Sky Captain
          • View Profile
        « Reply #36 on: July 10, 2011, 12:21:03 AM »
        And there goes STmfP, shutting up us fans who say "where the fuck are the SLDD tracks?" and "dude, change the fuckin setlist". Good for them. I was included.

I too will miss Huckleberry. I won't miss Dancing Days, I thought it was better acousticly anyway (like Pretty Penny and Creep). If BBB is sang like anything other then his Tumble voice I'll be a little frustrated.

I'll be seeing them in Absbury and the Borgata. Maybe also the NY show. Hope they play that setlist.
        adhesive love

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
        • Cardinal
        • Sky Captain
        • Sucker for SRW
          • View Profile
          • SWBGC
        « Reply #37 on: July 10, 2011, 01:02:47 AM »
        Part of me wants a B-PB video, and part of me doesn't. Its no secret that I'm a selfish bitch - I really liked being the only one around here that has seen it live. :)

I'm hoping it stays in the setlist - then I can say I've seen it twice. Haha.

Can I still brag about having seen H&H, or has that been played enough to not be brag-worthy?
        How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

JohnL

• Contributors
        • Pilot
        • Light My Way
          • View Profile
        « Reply #38 on: July 10, 2011, 01:45:08 AM »
        Have you seen Black Again or Hello, It's Late live? Now those two would be brag worthy. Heaven and Hotrods, not so much.

Blue

• Your Friend
        • Contributors
        • Sky Captain
          • View Profile
        « Reply #39 on: July 10, 2011, 02:07:53 AM »
        Part of me wants a B-PB video, and part of me doesn't. Its no secret that I'm a selfish bitch - I really liked being the only one around here that has seen it live. :)

Look at it this way. You can still say you're the only one who's seen it with Scott on rhythm guitar.

If BBB is sang like anything other then his Tumble voice I'll be a little frustrated.

Man, I'll be pissed if he's still singing it like he did in 08. I KNOW he can sing it right, and I've stood up for the guy in every single "Scott can't sing because BBB sounds like shit" argument on the site. It would be nice for him to prove what I've been saying for 3 years.
        « Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 02:13:56 AM by Blue »
        Grab the hate and drown it out...

laura

• Contributors
        • Sky Captain
        • Too Cool Queenie
          • View Profile
        « Reply #40 on: July 10, 2011, 02:24:29 AM »
        I guess at this point we're all convinced it really happened.  I just received confirmation from someone else on facebook who was at the show:  "Yes they did [play Bi-Polar Bear]! They also played Big Bang Baby. It was an amazing show, 1 for ages."

It'll be interesting to hear what happens tonight.
        I am
        Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
        Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland

Casual

• Contributors
        • Sky Captain
          • View Profile
        « Reply #41 on: July 10, 2011, 03:01:17 AM »
        It's because of me they're playing Bi-Polar Bear.  8)

I told Dean they needed to play it when I met him last March in Kansas City.

I hope there's a video of it!

It's obviously because I just bought SLDD last week. lol  jk.  Glad they are adding different songs, and now I can appreciate this addition, instead of just being ignorant about it. phewww now I can fake it till I make it ....YEA BI-POLAR BEAR!!! SLDD FOREVER!!!

andrew

• Contributors
        • Sky Captain
        • I'm the milk man
          • View Profile
        « Reply #42 on: July 10, 2011, 05:30:34 AM »
        I can't fucking believe they played Bi-Polar Bear I think it's possibly my favorite song of ALL TIME!!!!

I hope they keep it in the setlist when I see them August 20th.
        Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
        • Sky Captain
        • I'm the milk man
          • View Profile
        « Reply #43 on: July 10, 2011, 05:33:20 AM »

Look at it this way. You can still say you're the only one who's seen it with Scott on rhythm guitar.

If BBB is sang like anything other then his Tumble voice I'll be a little frustrated.

Man, I'll be pissed if he's still singing it like he did in 08. I KNOW he can sing it right, and I've stood up for the guy in every single "Scott can't sing because BBB sounds like shit" argument on the site. It would be nice for him to prove what I've been saying for 3 years.

Big Bang Baby sounded pretty awesome when they first got together right after Scott got out of rehab. Once the crazy hair and stuff started happening, he sort of lost it. It's a hard song to sing though, I think. I'm not a singer, what do I know?
        Bleeda blooda

shapy

• nice to know me
        • Contributors
        • Sky Captain
          • View Profile
        « Reply #44 on: July 10, 2011, 07:38:31 AM »
        Have you seen Black Again or Hello, It's Late live? Now those two would be brag worthy. Heaven and Hotrods, not so much.

I do believe I'm the only one among us who has seen 'I Got You' live at the Norva a few years back. I also am grateful for seeing 'Long Way Home' live, although all of us have seen the recording by now.
        have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!