September 27, 2024, 08:31:17 PM

Author Topic: Concert Reviews (non STP)  (Read 50521 times)

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Concert Reviews (non STP)
« Reply #300 on: August 19, 2014, 01:29:28 AM »

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 19, 2014, 11:56:01 PM »
Saw Lady Gaga

This explains so much.

Give him a break, lady gaga like, rawks omg.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 24, 2014, 08:50:56 AM »
just got back from seeing AIC in Rama. great performance by the band but i would have preferred a different setlist. awesome mix of fans standing having a good time and people who were comped tickets who had never heard of the band who sat motionless the entire show.

STP1992

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 04, 2014, 05:11:39 PM »
Finally got to see Sponge last night.  Best show ever! Also got to talk to Vinnie (lead singer) for a bit. 

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #304 on: December 10, 2014, 05:15:54 AM »
Checked out the Verve Pipe the other night. Pretty impressed. I'm only familiar with the Villains album, but they sounded great. My buddy told me they put out a new album this year too. I might have to check it out.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

STP1992

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 20, 2014, 05:05:09 PM »
I saw Chevelle last night w/ Nothing More and Crobot.  Chevlle was ok.  Nothing More was AWFUL! Crobot was fuckin awesome! 

Tuf_Duff In Chains

• Sky Captain
  • THE Man in The Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 30, 2014, 10:20:07 PM »
I saw Chevelle last night w/ Nothing More and Crobot.  Chevlle was ok.  Nothing More was AWFUL! Crobot was fuckin awesome!
I've seen Chevelle before they were great Nothing More I keep hearing I'm not a huge fan of them that song this is the time I kept hearing on OCTANE and I even heard it a few times on the new Rock station I have down here I thought it was played so much they must be great live but I guess not

Crobot I've been curious about because I've been seeing them pop up everywhere(Especially on Shiprocked) them Islander and Cliver I gotta check em out when they come to my area

Tuf_Duff In Chains

• Sky Captain
  • THE Man in The Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 30, 2014, 10:22:37 PM »
going to see Pennywise and Anti Flag in Fort Pierce(I CANT WAIT!!!!)

STP1992

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 05, 2015, 06:08:45 PM »

Yea, This is the Time is way overplayed and the lead singer sounds too much like a chick.  I watched about 15 seconds of the first song and me and my buddy were like "nope! guess were gonna drink beer"  But thats just my thoughts. 

Definitely check out Crobot!  As for Islander... Ive heard one song, it was alright. 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 06:11:21 PM by STP1992 »

Tuf_Duff In Chains

• Sky Captain
  • THE Man in The Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 15, 2015, 07:12:16 AM »
I saw Pennywise and Anti Flag

The Opening band A Wilhelm Scream was really good they had a long set but Really good one Id pay to see them again. I recomend seeing those guys if they come to your town they were amazing.

Anti flags Set was really short however they were really good though. A fight broke out in the middle of their set and they stopped the music and broke up the fight. The singer Yelled"THE NICKLEBACK CONCERT IS DOWN THE STREET"

Pennywise was so-so Left in the Middle of their set because it started to rain Id see them again at a festival or something like that

Now I got Tickets to Slipknots Summer Last Stand Tour(with Lamb of God, Bullet for my Valentine, and Motionless in White) I cannot Wait!!!!!!

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 23, 2015, 04:14:27 AM »
Just got back from Air and Style here in Pasadena. Snowboarder S white put this together. Had a lot of promise but it rained all day. Caught a couple of indie acts that impressed. A two female act Deap Vally. They were great. Great sound. Cults , another female led act. Reminded me of Cranberries a bit. I was soaked and cold and left before flaming lips and some others went on.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 23, 2015, 06:41:26 AM »
I will eat my words. I just watched Lady Gaga on the Oscars, and holy shit can she sing! I had no idea she could do that. Unbelievable.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 23, 2015, 10:10:12 AM »
I will eat my words. I just watched Lady Gaga on the Oscars, and holy shit can she sing! I had no idea she could do that. Unbelievable.

If she'd drop the whole "I'm different, look at me, I'm so different, look at me, I'm dressed like an hotdog" thing, and sang like she did last night, then I'd consider giving her a listen.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 01, 2015, 08:22:04 AM »
Saw U2 Tonite. Bono is just on a whole other level of coolness. And their music is just undeniable.  Highly recommend. And BTW, Bono uses a Teleprompter.  I never did get why Scott was criticized for this.....

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 01, 2015, 02:35:16 PM »
Saw U2 Tonite. Bono is just on a whole other level of coolness. And their music is just undeniable.  Highly recommend. And BTW, Bono uses a Teleprompter.  I never did get why Scott was criticized for this.....

For crying out loud Pepper! I'm not supposed to like any of your posts.

Great to hear about the U2 performance. I'm about to see them for the first time on July 6 in Toronto. Can't wait.

Teleprompter issue, Much ado about nothing.

You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy