June 30, 2024, 05:33:22 PM

Author Topic: SWB at Gramercy Theatre - May 17th  (Read 45882 times)

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: SWB at Gramercy Theatre - May 17th
« Reply #255 on: May 20, 2011, 05:56:23 PM »
Hey all,

I haven't posted here in ages but, I want to lay down the fact that most of us know that he still pulls this stuff, so either your addicted to this art and have to deal or not, at least most of us know this happens a lot, I feel for those that don't.
Also as a hardcore fan of anything Weiland touches music-wise, I spent the whole day waiting in line for the Tampa STP show that never happened and I was happy he was and is still alive, I got over it pretty quick when I thought about all of the wonderful times I've had from his art, be it live or recorded, I owe STP and Scott a lot. My time on planet earth would of been a much darker time without them, so if I get screwed out of a day of my life, oh well, at least they are all still alive and willing to leave the family behind to come play for us and give us some of the best experiences of our lives.
After reading all the awesome covers they did and seeing vid of part of the book signing, I'd wait more than a day to experience that live. It was such a special event I'm sure most of us here will look back on it in awe and appreciation in time.

One love,
-Chase

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 20, 2011, 07:05:49 PM »
Peebs, You are absolutely justified in feeling the way you do.  I for one am also sick of the excessive waiting that accompanies every SW appearance/concert/etc.  I'll absolutely love the man as an artist, but we need to be realistic people.  This man is an incredible musician, but he has lost touch with taking care of his fan base. 

And before someone can say "at least he had a book signing", I'd just like to point out that EVERYONE has a book signing.  This isnt some fans service, this is in support of sales of a book.

I think Scott needs to take a page from a lot of other artists and really reach out to his fans and connect, do something special for us.  Fans need some TLC too.

On a separate note, I'm SO happy the performance was awesome and hope everyone that saw the actual show (regardless of wait) came away feeling they were given a stellar performance (as Scott always does). 

THANK YOU! You get it! :)
I had absolutely no problem with the show. The band was solid & Scott was giving a good performance. I only wish I could have stayed But I have a job & responsibilities (like everyone else who left). I'm glad people did get video for the songs I missed seeing. Which were the rest of Roadhouse blues on....
I'd just like to see Scott give back for once.  So many cool things artists can do for fans these days and time and time again Scott gives nothing back.  However, he is very happy to take our money from us at $50+ per ticket for a sub-2hr show. 

We should expect more, fans.  Things shouldnt be so predictable- setlists, late delays to shows, etc.

I love SW's music, STP's music, etc just as much as the next, and I have poured blood, sweat, and tears in to this music and this community.  But there just comes a time where the artist needs to step up to the plate or they are going to start losing hardcore fan support.  Scott hasnt stepped up to the plate for us in a very long time. 

I know a lot of you would respond that Scott doesnt owe us anything.  And you're right, he doesnt.  But then those of you thinking he doesnt owe us anything (and Scott himself) shouldnt be so surprised when shows dont sell out, or when he gets less than sterling reviews from time to time.  There was a lot of times where Scott and STP didnt get a fair shake from the media in the past.  However, as of late the vast majority of the negative publicity he/they are getting now IS well deserved. 

Scott Weiland is absolutely my favorite artist and STP is absolutely my favorite band.  But you know what, say STP and Foo Fighters were playing a show on the same day in Austin.  I'd probably go to the Foo show, because I know I'd get a longer set, a band that took the stage on time, non-drunk artists (given Scott has been good as of late), performances of songs that werent performed on the previous leg of the same tour, and several sincere thank yous from the artist.  Frankly, that goes a long way, and I know I am not alone on that one. 

Scott/STP should take a page from all the great promotions bands/artists have done lately- Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, and the above-mentioned Foo, to name a few.  I dont know why STP/Scott doesnt get it, but I hope they figure it out again, because I would like to feel about Scott the way I did the previous 15 years rather than the way I've felt about him for the past 3. 

I'm not blind. I just know he's gonna be late. Don't like it, don't go. Just like Axl Rose is late ALWAYS. I don't like it, so I don't go because I'm not into him so its not worth it to me. If I'm blind, fine. But I'm a fan. And if there's a chance to show him support, I do it.
Not wanting to tolerate tardiness doesnt make anyone less of a fan, and it doesnt make you more of a fan for being willing to tolerate it.  If you think you're a better or bigger fan than Peebs or myself because of this you are sorely mistaken.  This isnt a contest.

Sucks you had to leave. Sucks you had to work. Sucks he was late. But shit happens. Get over it & save your money & time the next time he rolls around your way with a show.

Shit does happen, but shit shouldnt happen everytime, like it always does.  We should expect more.  You should expect more.

I'm not blind. I just know he's gonna be late. Don't like it, don't go.
Pretty sure that is exactly what we are saying.  Thing is though, we ARE in to him.  We're just tired of being disrespected. 
Amen! That's exactly what I'm saying! It should not happen everytime. The whole "it's rock n roll" bullshit is an excuse he gave that everyone feels the need to use now to cover him. I've seen Scott solo/stp/vr about 50 times through the years ad the last time that he seemed like he was trying hard to get out there for his fans, was during the contrband era. He showed up to the VIPs, he talked to fans, stayed out there with Matt Sorum for the longest time, and was mostly in time. I understand he's gone through a lot since 06 but it's been a while already. His behavior might also affecting attendace rates. STP is not selling out Venues anymore. I was shocked to see so many empty seats, especially the mohegan sun arena.
If you only knew..

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
  • "Purple Flowers Ease The Pain..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 20, 2011, 07:06:49 PM »
AMEN!!! The day was a lil bit of a drag for the wait, HOWEVER, since I've been waiting to slap hands with Scott for 7+ years waiting countless hours near busses before and after shows to see him walk in his bus head down and then I finally get to meet him and say, "Thank you, you're vocals are the soundtrack to my life bro... Fuck "Unglued" it's all about Adhesive Love! I know you're not supposed to do inscriptions or personalizations man but can you sign "Adhesive Love" on the cover of my book?" SCOTT: "Thank YOU man that means a lot..." (Signs "Adhesive Love - S. Weiland", looks up, shakes my hand) ME: "You guys doing a Space Jam tonight??" SCOTT: "FUCK yeah bro!" (We slap hands he smiles huge and I leave).

I would have waited in the snow in Speedos for 72 hours for ^ to happen... How horrible it was to sit in the Barnes & Noble, shoot the shit with some die hard fans and they had STP/Solo/VR goin' the whole time before he showed up and right as he came in I was the 1st to slap his hand and he was all smiles and cool as hell... Funk all you haters!!! PS - Again, the show was EPIC, UNIQUE, LEGENDARY and will NEVER happen again... Except in LA this week... But he won't be doing Space Jams screaming, "NEW... YORK... CITYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!" Much love to Scott, he's gotten me through the dark and the light... I'll never say a bad thing about the man...

PPS - Big UPS to BOSTON PAULY and his girl!!! They got me and my friends right to the dead front and center when me and my friends wisely walked into the Gramercy at 10:45 because we KNEW that there was no way he would come on at 7PM as the ticket said. LOL Idiots... THANKS BOSTON PAULY!! I'LL HIT YOU UP SOON, IF YOU SEE THIS LET ME KNOW WHO YA ARE ON HERE!!

"Adhesive Love"

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 20, 2011, 07:34:54 PM »
AMEN!!! The day was a lil bit of a drag for the wait, HOWEVER, since I've been waiting to slap hands with Scott for 7+ years waiting countless hours near busses before and after shows to see him walk in his bus head down and then I finally get to meet him and say, "Thank you, you're vocals are the soundtrack to my life bro... Fuck "Unglued" it's all about Adhesive Love! I know you're not supposed to do inscriptions or personalizations man but can you sign "Adhesive Love" on the cover of my book?" SCOTT: "Thank YOU man that means a lot..." (Signs "Adhesive Love - S. Weiland", looks up, shakes my hand) ME: "You guys doing a Space Jam tonight??" SCOTT: "FUCK yeah bro!" (We slap hands he smiles huge and I leave).

I would have waited in the snow in Speedos for 72 hours for ^ to happen... How horrible it was to sit in the Barnes & Noble, shoot the shit with some die hard fans and they had STP/Solo/VR goin' the whole time before he showed up and right as he came in I was the 1st to slap his hand and he was all smiles and cool as hell... Funk all you haters!!! PS - Again, the show was EPIC, UNIQUE, LEGENDARY and will NEVER happen again... Except in LA this week... But he won't be doing Space Jams screaming, "NEW... YORK... CITYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!" Much love to Scott, he's gotten me through the dark and the light... I'll never say a bad thing about the man...

PPS - Big UPS to BOSTON PAULY and his girl!!! They got me and my friends right to the dead front and center when me and my friends wisely walked into the Gramercy at 10:45 because we KNEW that there was no way he would come on at 7PM as the ticket said. LOL Idiots... THANKS BOSTON PAULY!! I'LL HIT YOU UP SOON, IF YOU SEE THIS LET ME KNOW WHO YA ARE ON HERE!!

If you can post a picture of your book signed Adhesive Love!  WOuld Love to see that!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 20, 2011, 07:46:43 PM »
I will e-mail it to you when I get it back. You may think I'm an idiot, I'm just a real friend... My friends from NYC couldn't make either of the signings so I gave my book to my sweet friend Lauren... Figuring he's NEVER signed an autograph "Adhesive Love  S. Weiland".... I figured when I was going the next day in NJ with my sister he'd do it again, this time though when I asked 1 person hovering over Scott YELLED, "NO HE'S NOT SIGNING ANYTHING BUT HIS NAME!" He signed my cover, looked up at me and said, "I can take a pic with you though bro.." And he did... I talked to my friend she's getting the cover framed for me and I am going to give her the one Scott signed in NJ... So, it may take a week or two but I for sure will send you the pic... Again, I'm pretty positive he's probably never signed an autograph like that... Probably because nobody has asked...

He truly is a down to earth nice, genuine guy... To all who missed the signings and shows for being to far away, I sincerely feel bad. Trust me, meeting him, the show all of it was worth the small waits and talking with other fans while waiting.

TO THE COMPLAINERS: WHEN YOU PLAN YOUR DAY AROUND 2 SCOTT WEILAND EVENTS, DON'T SHOW UP AT THE SCHEDULED TIME!!!  ::)
"Adhesive Love"

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 20, 2011, 08:06:54 PM »

TO THE COMPLAINERS: WHEN YOU PLAN YOUR DAY AROUND 2 SCOTT WEILAND EVENTS, DON'T SHOW UP AT THE SCHEDULED TIME!!!  ::)

Show up several hours early to get a good place in line.
Bleeda blooda

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 20, 2011, 08:25:48 PM »
Or just make friends with some cool lookin' people about 10 people deep in the line.. Or man up and say, "Excuse me sorry, excuse me sorry, thanks, excuse me, thank you...." Until you get front row.... I ALWAYS do that, I'm not big by any means 5"11, 150 lbs..... But people showin up at 7 expecting Scott at 7:15? HA! Especially with his 7-10 book signing... Dude changed some of his clothes after signing 700 books, maybe had a little bite to eat and did some vocal warm ups then hit the stage... Who cares? It was an ELITE day/night!! Deal with it....
"Adhesive Love"

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 20, 2011, 08:55:45 PM »
Careful, you might get called an ass licker.  ::)

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 20, 2011, 11:52:22 PM »
Fear To Stop:

Thing is bro, I'm not an ass licker... I'm a good guy. So if internet bullies want to talk trash, let it be... Otherwise, we're all supposed to be tight and cool with each other here. Weiland/STP fans should all be cool with each other, on here in person, everywhere...  :) 

On another note, hope you enjoy your weekend.
"Adhesive Love"

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 21, 2011, 12:16:35 AM »
PS - COTIS, You're the man!!! Thanks for video taping it all bro!!! Awesome job!!!!
"Adhesive Love"

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 21, 2011, 04:15:12 AM »
Fear To Stop:

Thing is bro, I'm not an ass licker... I'm a good guy.

I know...I was being sarcastic because of what Peebs was posting earlier. I'm in agreement with you :)

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 21, 2011, 04:54:52 AM »
Careful, you might get called an ass licker.  ::)

Hahaha! Hey if I'm one, so fucking be it.

Ok, here's my whole train of thought of why I "put up" with whatever "antics" he pulls. The man is my FAVORITE singer/songwriter/performer/frontmas/artist.

And everytime a fucking rocker dies, I'm fucking thankful HE'S STILL ALIVE! When some musical genius folks have died, or succumed to their addictions. He's still alive. And if he's late starting a show, hey, at least he's still on this earth, playing shows. I don't feel a connection, a passion, a love for another artist like I do for him. So many times, he could have died. When he came out with Sliver, I was scared to my soul he may not be around much longer.

So, to have him still alive to see such amazing performances when the other artists I liked are dead & gone I can't tell you how fortunate I feel he's a fighter & still around. Maybe that's why I "put up with it". Because the idea of him being dead for whatever damage he's done to himself is too painful for me to even fathom.

I'm just a fan who's happy as hell he's around to "be late" to shows.

Better late, then dead in my eyes.

If that makes me an ass licker, so be it. I won't be losing any sleep over that. And I've been called worse.

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 21, 2011, 05:23:59 AM »
WeilandFan:

You're my brother! What you said ^ ...... You took my feelings out of my heart and soul... If you scroll up and back and read my two days of meeting Scott and going to his show, you will see were on the same page with everything. Good stuff man, I told Scott his vocals were the soundtrack to my whole life and he was so taken back... He's a great guy and sincere. I'll always cut him slack... The man is down and out and depressed... He's fightin through it and I'm proud of him. FUNK all the trash talkers yellin, "DRUGGIE!!" at the show etc. etc. etc.

I'm just happy to know people like most of ya'll on here exist, especially you WeilandFan, rock on bro!!  8)
"Adhesive Love"

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 21, 2011, 05:36:57 AM »
WeilandFan:

I meant ROCK ON SWEETIE!!!!! You're a cool girl in my book all day everyday!!!!  ;)
"Adhesive Love"

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 21, 2011, 05:39:39 AM »

What are you 10 years old?
Do you realize how retarded that sounds?

how about this-SCOTT WEILAND SHOW UP AT THE SCHEDULED TIME.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)