July 02, 2024, 02:45:12 PM

Author Topic: SWB at Gramercy Theatre - May 17th  (Read 45980 times)

scottieslittlesoftie

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • STONED M*F* PILOTS - Tribute To The Stone Temple Pilots
Re: SWB at Gramercy Theatre - May 17th
« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2011, 06:17:07 PM »
Big thanks to Angie for the ticket! Wish I got into the city a little earlier to make the front of the signing line - but what can you do.

No probs - my pleasure.... pleased to meet you - nice to know me........ glad that all worked out!!

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 19, 2011, 08:08:14 PM »
I love how people who weren't there & didn't experience it or see all the people pissed and leaving are giving their two cents or making excuses.
Classic.
FYI Casper went to the ridgewood signing yesterday said he didn't get there til 9:00...NINE fucking o'clock.
Oh he must have been hungry  ::)

I love that as mad as you were about the concert and signing, you still went to ANOTHER book signing the next day, and are now bitching about that.  Do I have that right?   And is it so unreasonable to think that maybe he would have had to do some vocal exercises before the concert and maybe he couldn't just rush from the limo to the stage?  No one is making you go to two book signings. 

Read it again lover..
I did not, Casper did. And he will be on later to explain his side AND what transpired yesterday. He, myself and a lot of people WHO WERE THERE that we know have completely lost respect for Scott in the past 48 hours. We all love him as a artist,  we always will love his art/music. But it now ends there. 

And OMG could you people pull anymore excuses out of your asses though? I'm laughing so hard. Vocal exercises in a limo? Do you HEAR yourselves? I've heard apologists, hell I've made excuses for his disregard behavior in the past. But jesus, you ass lickers are taking excuses to much higher levels!!

GOOD!! I hope you never go to another show & miss out on amazing once in a lifetime moments. Because you'll cry like a spoiled child who didn't get everything on their Christmas List!! You wonder why people aren't feeling sorry for you? Why they're not taking you side, saying "Poor Peebs, how terrible"???? CUZ THEY'D GIVE THEIR LEFT ARM TO HAVE GONE!! You sound like an ungrateful snob!

So please. Since you've got no respect for him anymore don't waste you're precious valuable time by going to see him perform ever again! You spit in the faces of people when you complain to us that would gladly pay 5 times what you did, wait for 4 hours to see a show.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 19, 2011, 08:24:27 PM »
I love how people who weren't there & didn't experience it or see all the people pissed and leaving are giving their two cents or making excuses.
Classic.
FYI Casper went to the ridgewood signing yesterday said he didn't get there til 9:00...NINE fucking o'clock.

I love that as mad as you were about the concert and signing, you still went to ANOTHER book signing the next day, and are now bitching about that.  Do I have that right?   And is it so unreasonable to think that maybe he would have had to do some vocal exercises before the concert and maybe he couldn't just rush from the limo to the stage?  No one is making you go to two book signings. 

Read it again lover..
I did not, Casper did. And he will be on later to explain his side AND what transpired yesterday. He, myself and a lot of people WHO WERE THERE that we know have completely lost respect for Scott in the past 48 hours. We all love him as a artist,  we always will love his art/music. But it now ends there. 

And OMG could you people pull anymore excuses out of your asses though? I'm laughing so hard. Vocal exercises in a limo? Do you HEAR yourselves? I've heard apologists, hell I've made excuses for his disregard behavior in the past. But jesus, you ass lickers are taking excuses to much higher levels!!

GOOD!! I hope you never go to another show & miss out on amazing once in a lifetime moments. Because you'll cry like a spoiled child who didn't get everything on their Christmas List!! You wonder why people aren't feeling sorry for you? Why they're not taking you side, saying "Poor Peebs, how terrible"???? CUZ THEY'D GIVE THEIR LEFT ARM TO HAVE GONE!! You sound like an ungrateful snob!

So please. Since you've got no respect for him anymore don't waste you're precious valuable time by going to see him perform ever again! You spit in the faces of people when you complain to us that would gladly pay 5 times what you did, wait for 4 hours to see a show.

Exactly. I mean, hell...I've been out of work for a couple of months and unable to find a job, can't even afford to eat every day, can't afford my medication or my breathing treatments, about to lose my home, car, and everything else...and you're complaining about waiting for a performance you still got to see anyway?!

Must be nice.

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Grab the hate and drown it out
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 19, 2011, 08:32:44 PM »
I would have been pissed about the three hour wait, but I would get over that. Is it a shity thing to do? Yes, even if it was really only an hour wait. You should not treat people like that, but it is kind of expected, so I guess it is deal with it or don't go. However, I know a lot of people say the setlist was really cool and such a rare event. I don't think I would have enjoyed this show at all, I am  not a big fan of classic rock and most of the songs he played were much older. I would have been in space. Yes, even with Weiland performing because I am not a fan of most of those songs he performed anyways. Anyways, seems like some people loved it and some peopled hated it. If I am being honest, I would have been super disappointed by the setlist. Simply because I want to hear 12BB and HIG.
MM 3/10/09 STP 10/6/09 EC 6/19/10 SP7/16/10
STP 10/19/10 3EB 5/11/11 B182 8/12/11
Godsmack 8/16/11 Incubus 9/17/11
Foo's 11/8/11 Bush 12/2/11 JA 3/10/12 Bush 8/1/12
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 19, 2011, 08:35:19 PM »
Scott should just make us all happy and do a STP presents "Below Empty tour", allowing us to create the setlist and ticket prices. I vote for a free show with him playing a four hour performance including solo work, STP, VR, and some covers. I wonder if that will ever be possible?
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 19, 2011, 08:38:14 PM »
Scott should just make us all happy and do a STP presents "Below Empty tour", allowing us to create the setlist and ticket prices. I vote for a free show with him playing a four hour performance including solo work, STP, VR, and some covers. I wonder if that will ever be possible?

Well we all know what would get him to do it....$$$$$$$$
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 19, 2011, 08:44:25 PM »

Well we all know what would get him to do it....$$$$$$$$

How much do you think Scott makes a year?

I was wondering this. He said he has made about $30 million in the course of his life. I was thinking it would be more like $75, but I was way off. According to the Howard Stern interview he has to pay about $720,000 in yearly expenses himself, his kids and wife. I tried to figure it out by average ticket prices and also factor in how many people show up to an STP performance on average. I came up with about $2.5 million. Anybody have any other guesses?

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 19, 2011, 08:48:38 PM »
I have to be honest though I do not get mad at rockstars for demanding so much money. Let me explain why, take Dean Deleo for example. According to him, in his mid twenties he was making about $100,000 a year running a hardware store. He then had the balls to quit that job and move thousands of miles away to join Scott, Rob, and Eric... who at the time were struggling to make a living. How many of us would have the balls to do that? If Dean played it safe, he would probably still be the manager of that store and a normal person just like all of us. So cheers to him, I hope he milks it for all he can.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 19, 2011, 08:56:18 PM »
Peebs, You are absolutely justified in feeling the way you do.  I for one am also sick of the excessive waiting that accompanies every SW appearance/concert/etc.  I'll absolutely love the man as an artist, but we need to be realistic people.  This man is an incredible musician, but he has lost touch with taking care of his fan base. 

And before someone can say "at least he had a book signing", I'd just like to point out that EVERYONE has a book signing.  This isnt some fans service, this is in support of sales of a book.

I think Scott needs to take a page from a lot of other artists and really reach out to his fans and connect, do something special for us.  Fans need some TLC too.

On a separate note, I'm SO happy the performance was awesome and hope everyone that saw the actual show (regardless of wait) came away feeling they were given a stellar performance (as Scott always does). 

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 19, 2011, 09:17:47 PM »
Classic.

Read it again lover..

GOOD!! I hope you never go to another show & miss out on amazing once in a lifetime moments. Because you'll cry like a spoiled child who didn't get everything on their Christmas List!! You wonder why people aren't feeling sorry for you? Why they're not taking you side, saying "Poor Peebs, how terrible" ??? ? CUZ THEY'D GIVE THEIR LEFT ARM TO HAVE GONE!! You sound like an ungrateful snob!

Better than having a brown tongue from all the ass licking. Isn't it?
And who the FUCK is looking for anyone to feel "sorry"? I'm not sorry, but I refused to be the asshole with Scott blinders on. How the fuck can you see anything with those blinders on.
Stop with the defending the absolute indefensible.

My blinders were removed. Apparently I and a LOT of others here feel the same. To get respect you need give it to earn it. He lost it. There were many many times I (like others) gave him a "pass" (like after PNC, like getting busted before the Irving Plaza show, canceled shows, canceled tours) BUT I am also a realist.
There were a LOT people leaving during the set, not from not liking it, because of the TIME.  So much so we were able to move closer and closer towards the stage.
Homeboy showed up at B&N a little before 8-an hour late. He was done by 10pm as our friend who was close to the back of the room confirmed. Finally at around 10:30 Doug came out and said "5 more min"....and a hour later at 11:30 the show started. I HAD to go at 12:30.

He had his band hanging all that time....his fans hanging. OH but I forgot he was hungry/had diarrhea/doing vocal exercises in the limo/finding a cure for cancer/creating world peace/it was Gramercy's fault/it was Barnes & nobles fault/it was Matt Pinfield's fault....but it's never Scott's fault.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 19, 2011, 09:22:43 PM »
Peebs, You are absolutely justified in feeling the way you do.  I for one am also sick of the excessive waiting that accompanies every SW appearance/concert/etc.  I'll absolutely love the man as an artist, but we need to be realistic people.  This man is an incredible musician, but he has lost touch with taking care of his fan base. 

And before someone can say "at least he had a book signing", I'd just like to point out that EVERYONE has a book signing.  This isnt some fans service, this is in support of sales of a book.

I think Scott needs to take a page from a lot of other artists and really reach out to his fans and connect, do something special for us.  Fans need some TLC too.

On a separate note, I'm SO happy the performance was awesome and hope everyone that saw the actual show (regardless of wait) came away feeling they were given a stellar performance (as Scott always does). 

THANK YOU! You get it! :)
I had absolutely no problem with the show. The band was solid & Scott was giving a good performance. I only wish I could have stayed But I have a job & responsibilities (like everyone else who left). I'm glad people did get video for the songs I missed seeing. Which were the rest of Roadhouse blues on....
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 19, 2011, 09:32:41 PM »
Isn't it about music anymore?

Have anyone seen these videos? There are here in the same thread ;)
Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar4sXjuwLdM

Here ya guys go, a little sample...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_maivOxPBLI

Is processing now - should be ready to go by midnight EST.
Oh cotis, you kept But not tonight just for yourself there haha I'll be a good girl and wait (no pun intended, maybe)

I'm gonna throw in what I read once on a cab driver's t-shirt on TV "If you can't rock and ROLL don't rock and COME"
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2011, 09:42:00 PM »
I said I understand for those people that needed to leave because of work the next day. I get it. And it sucks to have had to leave.

But its rock & roll, not pop. You wanna be home for curfew? Go see Justin Bieber. I think they didn't even anticipate so many people showing up. I have a friend who was also there. She's been to many signings. The last was Nikki Six the week before. She said this one, the store itself was poorly put together. They underestimated that he is popular & a one hour signing (which the told her he would only sign for an hour because of his show). He signed every last copy instead of saying "I got better things to do like go play a show, I'm outta here".

I'm not blind. I just know he's gonna be late. Don't like it, don't go. Just like Axl Rose is late ALWAYS. I don't like it, so I don't go because I'm not into him so its not worth it to me. If I'm blind, fine. But I'm a fan. And if there's a chance to show him support, I do it.

Sucks you had to leave. Sucks you had to work. Sucks he was late. But shit happens. Get over it & save your money & time the next time he rolls around your way with a show.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 19, 2011, 09:55:18 PM »

THANK YOU! You get it! :)
I had absolutely no problem with the show. The band was solid & Scott was giving a good performance. I only wish I could have stayed But I have a job & responsibilities (like everyone else who left). I'm glad people did get video for the songs I missed seeing. Which were the rest of Roadhouse blues on....
I'd just like to see Scott give back for once.  So many cool things artists can do for fans these days and time and time again Scott gives nothing back.  However, he is very happy to take our money from us at $50+ per ticket for a sub-2hr show. 

We should expect more, fans.  Things shouldnt be so predictable- setlists, late delays to shows, etc.

I love SW's music, STP's music, etc just as much as the next, and I have poured blood, sweat, and tears in to this music and this community.  But there just comes a time where the artist needs to step up to the plate or they are going to start losing hardcore fan support.  Scott hasnt stepped up to the plate for us in a very long time. 

I know a lot of you would respond that Scott doesnt owe us anything.  And you're right, he doesnt.  But then those of you thinking he doesnt owe us anything (and Scott himself) shouldnt be so surprised when shows dont sell out, or when he gets less than sterling reviews from time to time.  There was a lot of times where Scott and STP didnt get a fair shake from the media in the past.  However, as of late the vast majority of the negative publicity he/they are getting now IS well deserved. 

Scott Weiland is absolutely my favorite artist and STP is absolutely my favorite band.  But you know what, say STP and Foo Fighters were playing a show on the same day in Austin.  I'd probably go to the Foo show, because I know I'd get a longer set, a band that took the stage on time, non-drunk artists (given Scott has been good as of late), performances of songs that werent performed on the previous leg of the same tour, and several sincere thank yous from the artist.  Frankly, that goes a long way, and I know I am not alone on that one. 

Scott/STP should take a page from all the great promotions bands/artists have done lately- Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, and the above-mentioned Foo, to name a few.  I dont know why STP/Scott doesnt get it, but I hope they figure it out again, because I would like to feel about Scott the way I did the previous 15 years rather than the way I've felt about him for the past 3. 

I'm not blind. I just know he's gonna be late. Don't like it, don't go. Just like Axl Rose is late ALWAYS. I don't like it, so I don't go because I'm not into him so its not worth it to me. If I'm blind, fine. But I'm a fan. And if there's a chance to show him support, I do it.
Not wanting to tolerate tardiness doesnt make anyone less of a fan, and it doesnt make you more of a fan for being willing to tolerate it.  If you think you're a better or bigger fan than Peebs or myself because of this you are sorely mistaken.  This isnt a contest.

Sucks you had to leave. Sucks you had to work. Sucks he was late. But shit happens. Get over it & save your money & time the next time he rolls around your way with a show.

Shit does happen, but shit shouldnt happen everytime, like it always does.  We should expect more.  You should expect more.

I'm not blind. I just know he's gonna be late. Don't like it, don't go.
Pretty sure that is exactly what we are saying.  Thing is though, we ARE in to him.  We're just tired of being disrespected. 

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2011, 10:14:37 PM »
I never said I was a "bigger fan" then anyone. But I guess me showing up, to shows, and buying his music and showing I care about him, his health is why when I met him I WAS introduced as "one of his biggest supporters". And its probably why he was incredibly kind when I was hanging out in his room with him. He knows I truely support him. And I'm sure, it must be nice to hear when so many people just want more more more from him.

He's not a robot. And I can't imagine how he was pulled in so many different ways Tuesday. "Scott, you gotta be here. Scott you have an interview. Scott so & so wants to speak with you. Scott you've got your signing, but don't take too long. Scott don't disapoint the poeple who are here to meet you & bought your book. Scott you've got a show to do hurry up. Scott don't leave, you've only go about 40 people left to sign for. Scott come on, the show is already late. Scott please stay & sign book. Scott, how much longer till you get here?"

I'm not making excuses. Just none of us know what he was dealing with. Especially the day of a book release. I already thought when the shows were announced the same day as the signings "He's gonna be so late to those shows. Hw can he do a signing & a show wuthout pissing off people?" They SHOULD have moved up the signing to 5pm. Plenty of time to do it all. Who was in charge of that, I've got no idea.