September 29, 2024, 06:39:30 PM

Author Topic: SWB at Gramercy Theatre - May 17th  (Read 51423 times)

happygirl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: SWB at Gramercy Theatre - May 17th
« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2011, 02:44:07 PM »
Here ya guys go, a little sample...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_maivOxPBLI

Is processing now - should be ready to go by midnight EST.

cotis, I LOVE YOU!!!!! Thanks so much!!!   :)

I would've done anything to have been there for this show.

Thanks to you, I feel like I was! You're a true fan!!!

I'd wait a lifetime for Scott! He's a ROCKSTAR!!   8) 
So one and one and one make three
                                  And it changed

cotis

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cotisproductions.com
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2011, 02:47:21 PM »
Once again cotis you are the filming master. Plus the audio sounds great too.  Do you record the audio separately then mix it together or is that strictly your cam mic?   
 Thats beautiful work regardless.  The band sounds really good for not being live for a long time now.
Too bad there's too many complainer's after your hard work that actually had the nerve to complain about your Reading,PA last BE release.
 That is still one of my favourite dvd's and is in my machine averaging once a week still to this day.
You rock dude.
 hawk.

Just used my camcorder mics - people don't give them enough credit.

I had an option to bring an external audio source but didn't want to compromise my other gear so I just stuck with this.

Glad you guys enjoy it - I recorded the whole show but figured a sample right now would be good!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2011, 02:52:25 PM »
Awesome compilation Cotis!  I wish I could have been there!!  He sounds great..i would have waited 4 hours for his ass If i could have been there hahahaha =)
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2011, 02:56:10 PM »
Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar4sXjuwLdM

Holy crap, that's a pretty rockin' version. WOW. Pretty nasty. I'm really impressed. The band sounds really crazy good and Scott pulls this song off really well. Wow.

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2011, 03:01:31 PM »
I just want to say that Scott doing a Nirvana amd Radiohead cover (even though I don't love Nirvana) is so cool.  I actually feel bad for Scott.  He was probably so happy about performing these songs that are special to him after months of identical STP setlists, and to get booed like that must have upset him.  We know how emotional and fragile he can be  :(

you know how you stop people from booing at you?
Show the fuck up on fucking time!

We obviously weren't one of the drunken frat boys but I was in a group of 4 other people (Casper being one of them)-my one friend had to leave because he has a 5 year old that he has to get up for school, he also runs 3 restaurants. Another friend had to be up at 5, I finally had to leave at 12:30 (during Roadhouse Blues) because if I missed the 1:30 train my next one was at 3:10. Casper & his bro stayed but didn't get home til 4am because of train issues. AND we all had to be at work today.
So please tell me how Mr. "Emotionally Fragile's" time is more important than our time?

Like I said earlier, the set list and story telling we really liked.....and it would have been even more enjoyable if the show started at 10 and we weren't all looking at our watches.

OH and not to mention because the book signing started late I missed the opening band who I know & felt terrible about missing them

I never said anything about his time being more important than yours.  Actually I didn't say anything about the lateness at all.  I was commenting on him being booed for not playing STP/VR/Solo songs.  Even if he had been on time, it seems as if those 'fans' would have booed him for the choice of songs.  That's what I'm talking about.

For the record, I do agree with everyone who says that the actual show outweighs any wait. I would loved to have been there.  I've been to concerts where I've had 1 hour sleep and gone straight to work, and for much lesser bands.  I can see how it pissed some of you off but it's not so much "who's time is more valuable", more "you know this is going to happen, it's not a big surprise..."
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2011, 03:01:49 PM »
Dying to hear But Not Tonight from this show. Cotis, are you going to release the entire recording somehow? Awesome job.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

cotis

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cotisproductions.com
« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2011, 03:48:52 PM »
Dying to hear But Not Tonight from this show. Cotis, are you going to release the entire recording somehow? Awesome job.

Yep still working on some logistics about it - sent Rik a message but haven't heard back yet. So just waiting to hear back and then we'll go from there.

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2011, 03:58:17 PM »
Wow.

That cover of Frances Farmer is crazy awesome. So far, everything I've seen from this show is crazy awesome. I can't wait (hope) to see the whole show.

More and more, I'm realizing how personal this was for Scott. The selection of covers is really unique. You know how you could browse someone -- anyone's collection of music that they listen to, and you can pretty much get a deeper read into that person's life? Well, I think Scott was showing us that. I'd have never - eeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeer - bet on seeing a Lemonheads song covered. I've always liked 'Into Your Arms,' but thought I was the only one.

Are they touring June/July? I'd figure Scott would want that time off before STP again in August - though he needs money apparently.

Any-who, it wouldn't surprise me if this show became Scott's most (in)famous solo performance ever. I think the Katrina-sized damage his lateness has caused with some people will unfortunately scar them beyond appreciation of the actual music and performance.

I actually would like to think maybe Scott finally got laid in the dressing room by a sexy drug-angel.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:02:41 PM by shapy »
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2011, 04:22:48 PM »
I really hope a recording gets out soon. I love the setlist!
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2011, 05:12:15 PM »
I love how people who weren't there & didn't experience it or see all the people pissed and leaving are giving their two cents or making excuses.
Classic.
FYI Casper went to the ridgewood signing yesterday said he didn't get there til 9:00...NINE fucking o'clock.
Oh he must have been hungry  ::)

I love that as mad as you were about the concert and signing, you still went to ANOTHER book signing the next day, and are now bitching about that.  Do I have that right?   And is it so unreasonable to think that maybe he would have had to do some vocal exercises before the concert and maybe he couldn't just rush from the limo to the stage?  No one is making you go to two book signings. 

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 19, 2011, 05:31:49 PM »
I love how people who weren't there & didn't experience it or see all the people pissed and leaving are giving their two cents or making excuses.
Classic.
FYI Casper went to the ridgewood signing yesterday said he didn't get there til 9:00...NINE fucking o'clock.

I love that as mad as you were about the concert and signing, you still went to ANOTHER book signing the next day, and are now bitching about that.  Do I have that right?   And is it so unreasonable to think that maybe he would have had to do some vocal exercises before the concert and maybe he couldn't just rush from the limo to the stage?  No one is making you go to two book signings. 

Read it again lover..
I did not, Casper did. And he will be on later to explain his side AND what transpired yesterday. He, myself and a lot of people WHO WERE THERE that we know have completely lost respect for Scott in the past 48 hours. We all love him as a artist,  we always will love his art/music. But it now ends there. 

And OMG could you people pull anymore excuses out of your asses though? I'm laughing so hard. Vocal exercises in a limo? Do you HEAR yourselves? I've heard apologists, hell I've made excuses for his disregard behavior in the past. But jesus, you ass lickers are taking excuses to much higher levels!!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 05:35:34 PM by Peebs »
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 19, 2011, 05:46:07 PM »
Classic.

Read it again lover..
I did not, Casper did. And he will be on later to explain his side AND what transpired yesterday. He, myself and a lot of people WHO WERE THERE that we know have completely lost respect for Scott in the past 48 hours. We all love him as a artist,  we always will love his art/music. But it now ends there. 

And OMG could you people pull anymore excuses out of your asses though? I'm laughing so hard. Vocal exercises in a limo? Do you HEAR yourselves? I've heard apologists, hell I've made excuses for his disregard behavior in the past. But jesus, you ass lickers are taking excuses to much higher levels!!

Sorry I misread your post...although I don't know why you would care if you weren't there.  And I'm hardly a Weiland ass licker.  I can remember you sticking up for him in VR during his coke binge when he blew off a private party show, but that was ok because it was for  "rich people"...sorry but that was much worse.  And if you want to call me an ass licker then...no offense Peebs, but you are basically Robert De Niro in the movie The Fan.    Anyone who knows anything about Scott would know that he probably doesn't even want to do these signings, but has to. 

jindalie

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 19, 2011, 05:50:15 PM »
here is the link to the howard stern interview in case you guys don't have it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwKGExRDn-w

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 19, 2011, 06:00:58 PM »
Actually, it was 9:45!

I went to the book signing in Ridgewood last night.  I arrived in town around 1:00, so I went to the bookstore just to see where it was, buy the book, and confirm that Scott would still be signing that night.  Apparently, it’s been raining in NJ since, I don’t know—the last century?  But as I was driving, the sun somehow miraculously came out for about 30 minutes.  The bookstore had an area roped off outside, and there were three people sitting there reading the book.  Inside, an employee confirmed that Scott was still scheduled to appear, but she said that there were no guarantees because she understood that Scott had “issues,” and she had heard that he had arrived one hour late for his signing at B&N.  She knew virtually nothing about him, so she asked me a lot of questions.  While we were talking, a girl who had been sitting outside reading (Rikki, a huge fan) came in and joined in the conversation.  The employee said that the store would not let people in before 6:00.  I wanted to leave to do some other things, so Rikki offered to hold a place in line for me.  Awesome!  I told her I’d probably be back around 4:00.

After I left, it started to pour.  I did not feel like standing outside in the rain for three hours, but I felt bad for Rikki, who was.  Around 5:30, I decided to drive by and see how long the line was.  There was no one in line!  So I parked (metered parking, which sucked for reasons you can probably imagine) and went in.  The bookstore decided to let people in early, due to the rain, but obviously only a limited number of people could fit.  At that time, there were about 50 people waiting, but people continued to file in and soon the room was full and everyone else was forced to wait outside…in the rain.  But they were probably thinking, OK, about an hour in the rain for Scott?  Not so bad.

The crowd was very mellow.  There was a gentleman in his 70s who brought his own little chair to sit in.  He told me he “loves Scott Weiland.”  There was also a young couple with a baby wearing a Purple t-shirt who was just learning to walk.  So adorable.  Most people sat on the floor and either read the book or played with their iPhones.  At 7:15, a bookstore employee came in and announced that Scott had called to say that he was on his way and was still definitely coming, but he was stuck in traffic and expected to be delayed another 30-45 minutes.  Collective sigh.

By 9:25, there was still no sign of him.  A few people got up and left, including the couple with the baby.  I felt so bad for them, after they had waited for so long (and the baby was good as gold the entire time), but they had to get the baby home to bed.  One guy told me that he was there only as a favor for a friend, and he knew nothing about Scott Weiland except that he was a total douche bag for making his fans wait so long.  Other than that, the complaints were minimal.  People just looked really tired.

Suddenly, there were rumblings that he had arrived.  People stood holding their cameras…for about another 15 minutes.  Someone said Scott had to go to the bathroom.

When he finally appeared around 9:45, I was surprised by the lack of cheering.  I mean, I did, but overall, it sounded really half-hearted.  Scott stepped up to the mike, looking sheepish, and said something that I couldn’t make out.  Then he smiled.  He smiled at every fan that approached.  If a fan extended a hand, he shook it.  I saw one guy who had five books.  Scott signed them all.  Even so, the line moved quickly.

When I got up to the table, an employee next to Scott (who looked like Paulie from the Sopranos) took my book to open it to the title page.  I had a little note in there for Scott, which he saw.  Scott saw it too, and smiled.  I asked him to personalize the signing, and I swear I think he was about to do it, but “Paulie” stepped in:  “Oh no, we’re not doing that tonight.  Signatures only.”  I told Scott I was a huge fan (I know, yeah, yeah, yeah…) and that I had traveled from Florida.  He went:  “Really?”  It was the kind of response you give someone when they’re talking to you but you’re not really listening but you want them to think that you are.  But then, he looked up from the signing, and it seemed to register.  He went:  “You did?  For ME???”  So cute.  He also agreed to take a photo with me, which was very cool.

I guess I’m willing to wait for Scott (because I did).  I don’t know what he has going on.  It did kind of suck to have to spend 4+hours sitting on the floor of a bookstore basement, but I didn’t have to go to work the next day.  I also read the entire book—cover to cover—during that time, and I met some really nice people.  So…would I do it again?  Um…probably.  You might get a different answer, though, from someone who had to spend 4+ hours standing out in the rain to meet him.  I will say this:  It seems to me that someone who admits that he needs the money—and therefore needs his fans—might be wise to make more of an effort to treat those fans well.  Better luck to you guys who are going to the signing in LA next week!

I am
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2011, 06:08:41 PM »
I was bummed by all the waiting myself (@ B&N and @ Grammercy, but you have to put some on management of SW, mgmt of B&N, mgmt of Gramercy as well).

How is it B&N or The Gramercy's fault that it took him an hour & a half to go .06 miles....or 6 blocks?
A friend who got there later than us (way later) and was towards the back of the seating area was signed & out on the #6 and met us at The Globe having a drink. So Scott was WAY done at 10 pm.

Gramercy/Live Nation fault because venues just print door open time and that's it.  Regardless of there being an opener or not, Gramercy knew Scott's set time was 10:30.  A lot of people are bitching he made them wait 3 hours.  No he didn't.  They went on just before 11:30pm, he was an hour late.

SW Management fault because once they booked the show, they should have pushed the B&N signing up earlier.  Also, they should have figured out his travel/moving schedule much better.  He doesn't plan his cars & drivers or routes or pickup times, they do.  Also, was Pinfield on time?  Maybe he was running late as well, the dude has 40 industry jobs.

B&N management fault because (although originally it just said signing @ 7) once they made it an interview & signing  up until the day of the event their website & employees said "floor space opens @ 4" but didn't note the actual time of the interview & signing.  I assumed it wouldn't start right when the floor space opened, but I sure as heck didn't expect for them to say, enjoy a 3 hour wait.

Scott fault whatever led him to be late in the first place.  Was he late to the soundcheck?  No one knows, but the soundcheck obviously ran late.  Anyone know why?  Could've been 100% technical OR could've been because he just got off tour and these were new songs so he wanted to bang out issues prior to the show.

I'm not saying Scott's an angel or doesn't have a history where these have come up before, nor ass-licking.  I'm just saying it's a mix of responsibilities, not just Scott's.   And ya know what?  He played for I think nearly an hour and 45 minutes, which is a good 20-30 minutes than some of the past few STP tours.  AND I think he made up for it in the show itself by putting gem covers in there, plus on the fly adding the little Beatles medley and then kicking together Roadhouse Blues on the fly.  He was having fun and being pretty free with the set, not something I've seen with the fairly generic STP setlist & routine lately.  He could have easily just said "let's take a couple songs out of the set to fit our curfew" but they didin't.  They put on a full set and took whatever penalties & fees come with going past NYC/venue curfew.

End of the day, he fulfilled all his commitments, got the book signing done completely, and put on a full show that was something pretty special.  I agree, if he wanted a job with a punch card he would've taken one.  But for an artist/band to be just an hour late.  I'll take it.  Especially when it was because he fulfilled commitments, and not ignored them or missed them.  = A pretty big difference than historical Scott reasons for being late.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18