September 29, 2024, 04:08:02 PM

Author Topic: SWB at Gramercy Theatre - May 17th  (Read 51408 times)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: SWB at Gramercy Theatre - May 17th
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2011, 02:44:15 AM »
I was bummed by all the waiting myself (@ B&N and @ Grammercy, but you have to put some on management of SW, mgmt of B&N, mgmt of Gramercy as well).

How is it B&N or The Gramercy's fault that it took him an hour & a half to go .06 miles....or 6 blocks?
A friend who got there later than us (way later) and was towards the back of the seating area was signed & out on the #6 and met us at The Globe having a drink. So Scott was WAY done at 10 pm.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

cotis

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cotisproductions.com
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2011, 04:18:04 AM »
Here ya guys go, a little sample...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_maivOxPBLI

Is processing now - should be ready to go by midnight EST.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2011, 04:42:54 AM »
Again   not one person has answered the question-in what universe is his time   more valuable than ours? Does he expect a flight to wait for him OR does   he get to the airport on time? Does his dentist or doctor allow him to   saunter in a hour & a half after the scheduled appt and screw the   patients who arrived on time for their appts?

The tardiness act is getting real old and real thin. And it's pissing off more and more people.

I kinda do.

He's   an artist... if he wanted to work a job with a punch clock to be on   time for everything, then he'd have been an accountant or something. (But like he said during the Pinfield interview... he's never been good at math.)

It sucks waiting around, butthis   was a small show, and lots of things are just thrown together last   minute.  Kinda like the book signing... up until a day before, it was   just a signing, and then they added the "interview w/ Pinfield". We really don't know the extent of it all.  Once he's in town, they probably add several more stops for him to make for interviews, press, or whatever.  Plus, he flew in whenever... was on Howard early in the morning, then just bounced around all day promoting his book. 

Plus... I think the fact that we're paying money for HIS time, kinda makes it a little more important than ours.  I'm not saying it's right, but I highly doubt he's doing it maliciously. Sitting backstage playing Xbox360 just to make us wait out of spite. (Which last night a LOT of people deserved.)
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2011, 04:47:41 AM »
All you people bitching about how late he was, I understand your frustrations. Most of you have to work. I get it. But I already knew that it was gonna be a late start to everything. So, I'm not surprised. And I won't be surprised if its a replay next week. But you don't know all the other crap the man was doing.

Peebs. If you're so pissed. Then do yourself a favor, STOP GOING TO SCOTT SHOWS & STFU already!! You do know there's about 50 people who would kill to have gone. There's only 2 shows. And you got to go to one of them. I don't care if he starts at 1am. I may be hungry, my feet hurting, but I won't be bitching.

Would you like to be waiting at the signing, and he stops after an hour & you didn't get your book signed? I think that was awesome he signed for so long.

You ever think maybe he was hungry? You act like he's a robot, he's human! Give the man some slack. He didn't HAVE to do a show in the first fucking place. Be happy you even got that. Sucks for you it was so late. But boo fucking hoo. Cry me a fuckng river.

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2011, 05:07:49 AM »
Whenever new yorkers get rowdy and cranky it just means that they havent had their daily serving of cole slaw yet.

DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2011, 05:10:03 AM »
Here ya guys go, a little sample...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_maivOxPBLI

Is processing now - should be ready to go by midnight EST.

Amazing! Thank you! Looking forward to this.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2011, 05:43:34 AM »
All you people bitching about how late he was, I understand your frustrations. Most of you have to work. I get it. But I already knew that it was gonna be a late start to everything. So, I'm not surprised. And I won't be surprised if its a replay next week. But you don't know all the other crap the man was doing.

Peebs. If you're so pissed. Then do yourself a favor, STOP GOING TO SCOTT SHOWS & STFU already!! You do know there's about 50 people who would kill to have gone. There's only 2 shows. And you got to go to one of them. I don't care if he starts at 1am. I may be hungry, my feet hurting, but I won't be bitching.

Would you like to be waiting at the signing, and he stops after an hour & you didn't get your book signed? I think that was awesome he signed for so long.

You ever think maybe he was hungry? You act like he's a robot, he's human! Give the man some slack. He didn't HAVE to do a show in the first fucking place. Be happy you even got that. Sucks for you it was so late. But boo fucking hoo. Cry me a fuckng river.

I totally agree.

Over the years I'd see special shows in LA all the time, like STP @ Houdini Mansion, or VR @ El Rey, and I'd wish I could have been there live.  This was one of those rare performances, yet people are still ungrateful for being there to see it live.  I'm just happy to have been there.  It was amazing, and I hope Scott isn't dissuaded from doing this again some time.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2011, 05:59:15 AM »
Glad I'm not the only one who wishes they were there & understand that there were probably other interviews or whatnot he tended to. He can't please everyone. And the fact, he signed for longer then originally announced is awesome. I had a friend in the back of the line for the signing. She would've been upset if he just stoped.

Yes, you paid hard earned monbey for a show. I am too. Hell, I didn't pay my car insurance this month so I can go to Cali. But do I want him to stop signing for fans who show up & support his book& get a chance to tell him to his face how much his music has meant/means to them?? NO! Maybe they didn't think that many fans would show up so they were overwhelemed by the show of support. Good! I'm glad he saw the outpouring of support.

Next week if he shows up late to the show, I won't be mad. That means he had a ton of people show up again. Maybe they should've started the signing at 5. But what can you do? He's not late cuz he's slamming drugs. He's being nice to his fans.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 06:18:07 AM by weilandfan »

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2011, 09:05:17 AM »
Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar4sXjuwLdM
Bleeda blooda

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2011, 09:18:27 AM »

For all we know, maybe he had the shits.

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2011, 09:36:32 AM »

For all we know, maybe he had the shits.

I mean really!! If there were no signing prior, & he was just dicking aroundI would understand the pissey attitudes. But it was THE DAY OF THE BOOK RELEASE & suddenly eveyone wants a moment of his time.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2011, 11:39:34 AM »
I love how people who weren't there & didn't experience it or see all the people pissed and leaving are giving their two cents or making excuses.
Classic.
FYI Casper went to the ridgewood signing yesterday said he didn't get there til 9:00...NINE fucking o'clock.
Oh he must have been hungry  ::)
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2011, 12:05:34 PM »
 Well at least it makes you feel better in packs of bitches. You know like I wasn't the only miserable person who wines and complains.
 "I'm streaking........there's more coming....everybody's doing it"
 Tellin ya its pathetic. I'd kill to hear 3 songs.............................with a 3minute I mean 3hour wait. booo hooo

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2011, 12:49:50 PM »
 Once again cotis you are the filming master. Plus the audio sounds great too.  Do you record the audio separately then mix it together or is that strictly your cam mic?   
 Thats beautiful work regardless.  The band sounds really good for not being live for a long time now.
Too bad there's too many complainer's after your hard work that actually had the nerve to complain about your Reading,PA last BE release.
 That is still one of my favourite dvd's and is in my machine averaging once a week still to this day.
You rock dude.
 hawk.

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
  • "Purple Flowers Ease The Pain..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2011, 02:30:48 PM »
One last thing.... In the middle of the show, Scott said, "You're all witnessing rehearsal, THIS IS A REHEARSAL you're all seeing..." And ONCE again their freestyle Space Jams are FUNKING EPIC!!!!
"Adhesive Love"