September 19, 2024, 08:28:27 AM

Author Topic: SWB at Gramercy Theatre - May 17th  (Read 50815 times)

Ack56

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
Re: SWB at Gramercy Theatre - May 17th
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2011, 12:06:39 PM »
Well I can say I am officially done with Scott Weiland.  I can't imagine how anyone could think that was a good show.  Not only did he yet again keep his fans waiting for hours but then he comes out and sings bad karaoke.  I love Scott as much as the next guy, I have been a huge fan since the early 90's and have been to a countless # of show but I can finally say last night was it for me.  I prefer to remember how awesome he used to be.  I am sick of going to his shows, waiting 3 hours until he is good and ready to come on and then be disappointed.  Scott is the best but his good days are clearly behind him.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2011, 12:32:47 PM »
Thanks for the review. Do you remember the entire setlist?

Still trying to piece it together.... not sure if someone got the actual set list, or knows it, but so far...

1. Opening - (Jam session?)
2. Waiting for a Superman - Flaming Lips
3. Into Your Arms - The Lemonheads
4. But Not Tonight - Depeche Mode
5. I am the Resurrection - Stone Roses
6. ? Subterranean Homesick Alien - Radiohead  (Not sure about this one.  Not familiar w/ Radiohead, but the title sounds familiar.)
7. Jean Genie - Bowie
8. Dead Flowers - Rolling Stones
9. Roadhouse Blues - The Doors
10. Fame - Bowie
11. Francis Farmer - Nirvana
....Encore....
*12. Unglued - STP

I feel like maybe I missed one.  He did take longer breaks between songs, and about midway through he broke out into the chorus of The Beatles 'She Loves You', but it wasn't played by the whole band.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 12:37:42 PM by STEAK »
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 01:47:41 PM by DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke »

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2011, 02:53:40 PM »
just got back to boston and waiting to take a final at school. i took some pics and i have a video of jean genie but i don't know how well it turned out yet, ill post them as soon as i get home.
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2011, 03:05:23 PM »
Interesting how we got one review that said it was one of the best shows they have ever went to, and the other reviewer said they were disappointed and done with him.

Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2011, 03:21:03 PM »
Also interesting how UNGLUED was written on the setlist, like it wasn't planned to be there???
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2011, 03:30:00 PM »
So here begin my vids...
This is the most INTERESTING one... its just banter between songs, but listen at 0:40 he goes 'this isnt an STP show'... is that rob? dean? Eric? I hear a steady beat..." then he tries to cover it up. lol. I thought it was funny, but some might see it as a swipe at Eric.
I'm not tagging it as Scott Weiland or anything because i don't want it to become a rumor of a fight in STP land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9S64B2Xldw

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2011, 03:40:25 PM »
Review: http://musikati.blogspot.com/2011/05/scott-weiland-gramercy-theater-may-17.html

Wow. That review, and the others i have read on here, make it sound like it was a disaster from the start. Being late, bitching about his schedule...not billing the show correctly. I would have enjoyed the set...but, i think i would have ended up being pissed off with the wait and stuff.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2011, 03:46:18 PM »

DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2011, 04:03:30 PM »

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2011, 04:10:55 PM »
Well I can say I am officially done with Scott Weiland.  I can't imagine how anyone could think that was a good show.  Not only did he yet again keep his fans waiting for hours but then he comes out and sings bad karaoke.  I love Scott as much as the next guy, I have been a huge fan since the early 90's and have been to a countless # of show but I can finally say last night was it for me.  I prefer to remember how awesome he used to be.  I am sick of going to his shows, waiting 3 hours until he is good and ready to come on and then be disappointed.  Scott is the best but his good days are clearly behind him.
Well thanks for the 18 posts. Have a nice life most likely cause there's no reason of coming back since you made it official.
 As far as the band how many practices did you think they had before this show?  I heard they were having fun which is always great to see and is #1 priority.
  I don't know how old alot of the complainers are but I don't know if you have ever heard of rock n roll and the history of..........and complaining about waiting.
  I've camped outside box offices getting there 7days early to be 500th in line(grateful dead,aerosmith,allman bros) and to get upper bowl. Then jammed up interstate highways take you hours just to get near the stadium etc.
  Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!! People seemed more to be concerned whats around them more than the band.
You can kick me in the head in a mosh pit beat the F out of me and that won't stop me from keeping my eyes on a legend. I would have waited a week for him to come on stage. Jeesh unreal.
Thanks Dr.G and other true informers and appreciative fans. I'm jealous.
hawk.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »
Review: http://musikati.blogspot.com/2011/05/scott-weiland-gramercy-theater-may-17.html

for a so-called NYC artist & music fan to PAN The Dirty Pearls like that, and not know who they are when they are one of the more popular NYC bands. And not know there was a book signing etc...they aren't much in the NYC scene at all. Probably some "I'm too cool for my straight legged jeans" BK hipster.

But let me say this, the show & set list were a really nice and refreshing concept. Scott was trying to pair the show with the whole book release. and I DID like that. And the band sounded REALLY great for only a few days practice.
Unfortunately his tardiness and the drunk frat-boy drinking crowd who wanted to hear "Interstate love song" didn't get it. For a few seconds it was like PNC ;)
I love Scott & I did enjoy it (until I HAD to leave or miss my train) the extreme lateness is getting ridiculous. He was even a hour late for the damn book signing. So I waited a total of 7 1/2 hours in total for him yesterday. Really Scott, cut it out.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Ack56

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2011, 04:17:11 PM »
Hawk what does it matter how many posts I have put up?  I come on here every day a few times aday to see what is going on.

Peebs nailed it!  It is about the constant lateness and disregard for the fans.  Its a tired act.  I don't know why people defend him anymore. 

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2011, 04:17:38 PM »
Well thanks for the 18 posts. Have a nice life most likely cause there's no reason of coming back since you made it official.
 As far as the band how many practices did you think they had before this show?  I heard they were having fun which is always great to see and is #1 priority.
  I don't know how old alot of the complainers are but I don't know if you have ever heard of rock n roll and the history of..........and complaining about waiting.
  I've camped outside box offices getting there 7days early to be 500th in line(grateful dead,aerosmith,allman bros) and to get upper bowl. Then jammed up interstate highways take you hours just to get near the stadium etc.
  Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!! People seemed more to be concerned whats around them more than the band.
You can kick me in the head in a mosh pit beat the F out of me and that won't stop me from keeping my eyes on a legend. I would have waited a week for him to come on stage. Jeesh unreal.
Thanks Dr.G and other true informers and appreciative fans. I'm jealous.
hawk.

Well aren't you just wonderful.
As someone who has been to countless shows in over 34 years of concert going I do not appreciate having to stand around waiting for hours when I have a FUCKING day job to go to in a few hours. Niether did Casper, or my friend Ariel or our friend Dave or Casper's brother or anyone else in that god damn room. My time is as precious as Scott's and I don't have people wiping my ass like he does. I'm not into S&M, I don't pay to be abused.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2011, 04:20:44 PM »
 WOW thanks DrG!!!!!!!!!! Sounds fuckin cool man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  total free for all.
Excuse my retardness but did anyone look at the setlist and before fame there's ashes to ashes scribbled out.   I'm not a bowie guy if thats part of his material. 
 Someone clue me in.
hawk.