October 02, 2024, 04:24:40 PM

Author Topic: SWB at Gramercy Theatre - May 17th  (Read 51712 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: SWB at Gramercy Theatre - May 17th
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2011, 12:01:50 AM »

Whoever is going to this, please post here what they played...VERY interested to hear what the new stuff sounds like!!!

And when he says "post what they played" he means the whole concert in HD audio or video.  ;)
Bleeda blooda

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2011, 12:17:29 AM »

Whoever is going to this, please post here what they played...VERY interested to hear what the new stuff sounds like!!!

And when he says "post what they played" he means the whole concert in HD audio or video.  ;)

YES! Make sure you get his cover of "Don't Stop Believing " and "Carry On My Wayward Son" cuz the last guy that recorded his gig in HD missed these songs.
If you only knew..

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2011, 01:11:39 AM »
I guess I didnt win the JVC contest lol...guess i will have to unpack
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2011, 02:45:42 AM »
keep your bags packed, leave tomorrow morning and pick me up!!  ROADTRIP BABY lol!!!

DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2011, 03:45:28 PM »
I just called the store and they said they don't know if he is actually 'signing'. It is called a discussion.  The thing is, if his conversation with Matt Pinfield begins at 7, and lasts for 30 min, would he really have time to sign for very long if he intends to play at gramercy anytime before midnight?

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2011, 05:40:19 PM »
Damn I was worried about that when I read the event details on the barnes and noble site because it says nothing about a book signing :( I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed lol
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2011, 05:55:09 PM »
I called the Ridgewood, NJ bookstore this morning.  They said Scott is confirmed to start signing on Wed. at 7:00.  They don't have a set time for the line to begin, but they advised arriving  sometime in the late afternoon because they are expecting a huge crowd.  With regard to personalizations and photos, they said they will make that call after they see the size of the crowd.  Fingers crossed...
I am
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2011, 07:54:30 PM »
I just called the store and they said they don't know if he is actually 'signing'. It is called a discussion.  The thing is, if his conversation with Matt Pinfield begins at 7, and lasts for 30 min, would he really have time to sign for very long if he intends to play at gramercy anytime before midnight?

I'd call again, you could've just gotten an employee who was used to the original info or just fed up with calls re: signings and such.

The website lists the Matt Pinfield interview with the space opening at 4pm.  No waiting/lines, they will just open space @ 4 and then people with book & receipt get priority seating.

I called over the weekend cause I was scared that the listing didn't say "Signing" anymore as well, but without even asking outright about autographs the clerk informed me "Mr. Weiland will be signing copies of his book after the interview segment.  It will be for folks who purchased the book & have B&N receipt as proof.  He will not be signing any other merchandise, memorabilia, CDs, etc."

But regardless of the 2 different sayings from employees there, I would not show up at 7pm if I were you, that was merely the original scheduled event as signing only and even then I think it was just a default time until they figured out further details.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

scottieslittlesoftie

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • STONED M*F* PILOTS - Tribute To The Stone Temple Pilots
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2011, 09:45:41 PM »
My hubby called Barnes And Noble yesterday (Sunday) and the fellow that he spoke with also confirmed that Scott will be signing the book....... so... now it's all about when do we show up?  IN THE CRAPPY RAIN!!!!!  AAARRRGGGHHH!!

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2011, 11:55:48 PM »
ok anyone have a extra ticket??
Turns out a friend of mine wants to go...of course he tells me the day before the show lol  :P

PM me if you do
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2011, 01:52:53 AM »
"...expecting huge crowd" for the Ridgewood signing? On a Wednesday evening in North Jersey? Personally I doubt it, but well see. Would be cool with a big turn out for ol' Scooter.
adhesive love

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2011, 01:55:41 AM »
but if he does photos and signs other merch in Ridgewood then that would be scrumptious.
adhesive love

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2011, 02:17:06 AM »
you gonna hit both??

Tomorrow is gonna be fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!! AND it's gonna rain just like last year  ;)
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

cotis

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cotisproductions.com
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2011, 02:27:05 AM »
I'm likely heading to the Ridgewood, NJ signing - have to be back here for a 9PM game I have though... it's only an hour away but still, looks like I'm going to have to be up front in the line.

Anyone going?

I'll be at the Gramercy tomorrow! Not sure about the book signing at B&N...cutting it close with time.

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2011, 02:52:41 AM »
Yes I am a heathen and going to both ;)
adhesive love