September 17, 2024, 07:45:10 PM

Author Topic: SWB at Gramercy Theatre - May 17th  (Read 50725 times)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: SWB at Gramercy Theatre - May 17th
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2011, 04:22:20 PM »
Also interesting how UNGLUED was written on the setlist, like it wasn't planned to be there???

Probably because the drunken frat boys weren't going to be happy til they heard a STP song.

Really how many Bud Light tall boys can one person drink in a venue.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2011, 04:32:58 PM »
Well I can say I am officially done with Scott Weiland.  I can't imagine how anyone could think that was a good show.  Not only did he yet again keep his fans waiting for hours but then he comes out and sings bad karaoke.  I love Scott as much as the next guy, I have been a huge fan since the early 90's and have been to a countless # of show but I can finally say last night was it for me.  I prefer to remember how awesome he used to be.  I am sick of going to his shows, waiting 3 hours until he is good and ready to come on and then be disappointed.  Scott is the best but his good days are clearly behind him.
Well thanks for the 18 posts. Have a nice life most likely cause there's no reason of coming back since you made it official.
 As far as the band how many practices did you think they had before this show?  I heard they were having fun which is always great to see and is #1 priority.
  I don't know how old alot of the complainers are but I don't know if you have ever heard of rock n roll and the history of..........and complaining about waiting.
  I've camped outside box offices getting there 7days early to be 500th in line(grateful dead,aerosmith,allman bros) and to get upper bowl. Then jammed up interstate highways take you hours just to get near the stadium etc.
  Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!! People seemed more to be concerned whats around them more than the band.
You can kick me in the head in a mosh pit beat the F out of me and that won't stop me from keeping my eyes on a legend. I would have waited a week for him to come on stage. Jeesh unreal.
Thanks Dr.G and other true informers and appreciative fans. I'm jealous.
hawk.

Well aren't you just wonderful.
As someone who has been to countless shows in over 34 years of concert going I do not appreciate having to stand around waiting for hours when I have a FUCKING day job to go to in a few hours. Niether did Casper, or my friend Ariel or our friend Dave or Casper's brother or anyone else in that god damn room. My time is as precious as Scott's and I don't have people wiping my ass like he does. I'm not into S&M, I don't pay to be abused.
  I'm sure the show was so late that youre tired today unless you were partying.  Day job? ??? ??? ???  I'm an industrial engineer for a major auto maker in Canada. I've drivin home through the night without a minute of sleep and still showed up.  Obviously you didnt make an event of this since you sleep is so precious. Why didn't you book today off.
 I',m fuckin 40 years old and been to over 400+ and still travel the globe to see rock show as far as peru.  I think you expect r n r to be like a dvd . When youre ready you press play and the band magically appears.  I just got back from wal mart and they had puffs plus on sale. A 3pk as a matter of fact.  If I overnight express one box you'll have by late afternoon tommorrow.
  Unbelievable because theyre is 10's of thousands of people who would have traded you your shoes for last night.
Nobody ever gives they guy a break straight stoned, pumped regardless.  Of yeah I forgot he rested all day and nothing else going on so youre right there's no excuse for being late. Sorry.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2011, 04:42:12 PM »
again...
Aren't you just terrific.

There is absolutely NO excuse to leave an entire room of hard working people who paid good money to see you waiting for 3 1/2 hours. NONE. ZERO. ZILCH.
I am too old to be hauling ass to work and function on 3 hours sleep. As was 3/4 of that entire room. I, like my other compadres have been to many shows during a work week and have gotten home at a semi-reasonable time if a show starts on time and ENDS at 11.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2011, 04:42:53 PM »
Gotta love how Scott keeps shit interesting
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2011, 05:01:57 PM »
Gotta love how Scott keeps shit interesting

Otherwise, he wouldn't be Scott, right?
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2011, 05:02:41 PM »
Waitin' For a Superman - http://youtu.be/mBt8G0r3SnE
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2011, 05:04:05 PM »
... also like how he pointed out to the crowd how the band he was with wasnt the STP boys (not sure if many even realized), but didnt like that shot at Eric
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2011, 05:14:36 PM »
... also like how he pointed out to the crowd how the band he was with wasnt the STP boys (not sure if many even realized), but didnt like that shot at Eric
Not sure it was a shot . I think it just said in a wrong fashion. I thought the steady beat was a compliment to Eric and an semi-insult to Dan from what I interpreted .
  Good post from most of you that don't need cheese with the wine.
maybe he should have just done a book signing instead of flying all his solo band mates and equipment out there. Must have been cheaper to fly bands and gear than sign books apparently because he only cares about himself not the fans. Who knows what the inside scoop was why he made the suspense thicken. Someone could have been caught up somewhere. Who knows who cares. I would have killed to be in that town yesterday.
  I think the from the footage I saw that ............um awesome and well worth the wait and it's good that he is still close with HIG band mates which is also a sign for future suprises .
 Also there's drunks and stoners everywhere.  Tell ya what I think they should start taking random urine and breathalizer tests at every rock n roll concert. That's the way to go especially so they can be miserable like not to mention names.
 AMEN loungefly!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just to be in the same city as Scott at the same time gives me a rush. I drove my VMAX to Atlanta to watch him play three acoustic songs during the HIG tour.  One word saweet! and shibee!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 05:33:25 PM by hawk900 »

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Grab the hate and drown it out
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2011, 05:33:03 PM »
I don't see how people can defend Scott for coming on three hours late. That is pretty fucked up, on the other hand, it is rock and roll.
MM 3/10/09 STP 10/6/09 EC 6/19/10 SP7/16/10
STP 10/19/10 3EB 5/11/11 B182 8/12/11
Godsmack 8/16/11 Incubus 9/17/11
Foo's 11/8/11 Bush 12/2/11 JA 3/10/12 Bush 8/1/12
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2011, 05:36:15 PM »
I don't see how people can defend Scott for coming on three hours late. That is pretty fucked up, on the other hand, it is rock and roll.

I also don't understand people defending a situation when THEY WEREN'T EVEN THERE.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2011, 05:37:15 PM »
Not sure it was a shot . I think it just said in a wrong fashion. I thought the steady beat was a compliment to Eric and an semi-insult to Dan from what I interpreted .
  Good post from most of you that don't need cheese with the wine.
maybe he should have just done a book signing instead of flying all his solo band mates and equipment out there. Must have been cheaper to fly bands and gear than sign books apparently because he only cares about himself not the fans. Who knows what the inside scoop was why he made the suspense thicken. Someone could have been caught up somewhere. Who knows who cares. I would have killed to be in that town yesterday.
  I think the from the footage I saw that ............um awesome and well worth the wait and it's good that he is still close with HIG band mates which is also a sign for future suprises .
 Also there's drunks and stoners everywhere.  Tell ya what I think they should start taking random urine and breathalizer tests at every rock n roll concert. That's the way to go especially so they can be miserable like not to mention names.
 AMEN loungefly!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just to be in the same city as Scott at the same time gives me a rush. I drove my VMAX to Atlanta to watch him play three acoustic songs during the HIG tour.  One word saweet! and shibee!

thank you for your input fan-boy.

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Grab the hate and drown it out
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2011, 05:43:45 PM »
It also seems like a pretty fucking shitty setlist. Don't give me that bullshit, it was really rare man! Fuck that, people paid to hear Scott's music, not 14 covers. It should have been all 12BB and HIG, with maybe one or two STP songs in the mix. Or if he wanted to play all covers, why not advertise it like that?
MM 3/10/09 STP 10/6/09 EC 6/19/10 SP7/16/10
STP 10/19/10 3EB 5/11/11 B182 8/12/11
Godsmack 8/16/11 Incubus 9/17/11
Foo's 11/8/11 Bush 12/2/11 JA 3/10/12 Bush 8/1/12
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2011, 05:54:17 PM »
Yes it is and believe me I've seen a hell of a lot worse.  So what time was he supposed to come on?  I thought it was 9ish.  If so he must have started around midnight.
 He should have just released the book without dealing with the headache of demanding fans and autographs. You know Scott hates his fans.
 Like I said in another post in Windsor,Ontario,Canada......Indigo Chapters sold 50 copies on deposits. An entire first shipment.     
  I say screw the fans . No more signings special appearances long all over the world continuous touring with short breaks.   Just stay home Scott and release all kinds of rare material. You could live on that alone even with the internet bootleggers.   Then it will be more exciting and everyone will be happy. 
 Sick of sour grapes after every fuckin show no matter what he does.  I heard that his left shoe wasn't completely tied up all the way. Man that sucked and ruined the whole night.
 Once again awesome footage DrG.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2011, 05:56:03 PM »

I also don't understand people defending a situation when THEY WEREN'T EVEN THERE.
  If Scott was there I'll defend it.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2011, 05:59:54 PM »
It should have been all 12BB and HIG, with maybe one or two STP songs in the mix. Or if he wanted to play all covers, why not advertise it like that?

That I agree with. While I appreciate the "different setlist" that we rarely get from an STP show, it would have been cool to know that you weren't going to hear any 12BB or HIG going in.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19