September 19, 2024, 07:31:27 PM

Author Topic: 2011-08-05 - Bethlehem, PA - Musikfest @ Sands Steel Stage  (Read 9912 times)

cotis

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cotisproductions.com
2011-08-05 - Bethlehem, PA - Musikfest @ Sands Steel Stage
« on: April 27, 2011, 04:26:23 AM »
Just announced via local radio station and festival website...

Stone Temple Pilots
WZZO Concert Event
Sands Steel Stage @ Musikfest on August 5th!
Tickets on sale to ArtsQuest Members on Tuesday, May 3rd @ 10 a.m.Tickets on sale to public on Friday, May 6th @ 10 a.m.
www.wzzo.com

Stone Temple Pilots Kick Off Musikfest Aug 5

Posted on 4.26.2011

One of the most successful rock bands of the 1990s, Stone Temple   Pilots made a huge splash with its 1992 debut, "Core," which contained   the mega-hits "Creep" and "Plush" and sold more than eight million   copies. Over the course of the decade, the band - vocalist Scott   Weiland, guitarist Dean DeLeo, bassist Robert DeLeo and drummer Eric   Kretz - had 16 singles on the Billboard rock charts, including six   tracks that hit No. 1; earned a 1994 Best Hard Rock Performance Grammy   Award for "Plush," and sold more than 40 million albums around the   globe.

In 2008, following a nearly eight-year hiatus from touring, Stone   Temple Pilots reunited and embarked on a massive, 70-plus date tour,   performing to audiences throughout North, Central and South America,   including a sold-out concert at Musikfest on Aug. 8. In May 2010, the   group released its sixth studio recording, "Stone Temple Pilots," which   hit No. 2 on the Billboard 200 and topped the Top Rock, Top Modern   Rock/Alterative Rock and Top Hard Rock albums charts.

The Stone Temple Pilots concert is sponsored by PenTeleData, Cooper   Electric Supply and WZZO; an opening act for the concert will be   announced at a later date.

Keep checking the lineup for more shows!

Much love,
                  -Your friends at ArtsQuest

www.musikfest.org

Will definitely be heading to this show - only 20 minutes from my house so it's a no brainer.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:52:03 AM by cotis »

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
Re: 2011-08-05 - Bethlehem, PA - Musikfest @ Sands Steel Stage
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 03:50:18 PM »
Nice...
I am
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 03:17:00 PM »
I went to their show at this "festival" during the reunion summer (part of an east coast STP roadtrip).  It was a really cool show, had front row seats but it was one of those things where the seats were like 5 feet from the gate and security wouldn't let us up, until the band came on and everyone just bum-rushed.  Was a really intense show.

Only negative thing was that the outside venue was by water, so it was buggy as hell.  Bring yourself some spray just in case.

But if you are planning on going, go down there early.  There was a whole street festival and market type atmosphere, and its a college town so it seamed like a pretty sweet party going on through the day.  Wish I had known ahead of time.

So pissed this time around, we rented a beach house in Cape Cod starting that freakin day...hope they don't do all their east coast dates in that week :-(
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 03:30:43 AM »
I wrongly assumed that there would be a GA section at this show.  If anyone has a primo ticket (for a seat in the first few rows) that they need to unload, I'm interested.
I am

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 03:07:36 PM »
I've been watching the ticket sales for this show.  Not that great.  Granted, it is a larger venue (7,200 capacity), but by my estimation, STP is being outsold by Maroon 5, Steely Dan, and the Steve Miller Band, although it does appear that STP has sold more tickets than Train and...Nick Jonas.
I am

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 03:51:24 PM »
  STP is being outsold by Maroon 5

I think I just threw up a little bit....
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 06:17:50 PM »
Cotis or CritterTypeThing--do you know what the seats are like in the Steel Terrace section?  I'm told that they're "excellent seats," but I'm skeptical because those package deals are usually more about the food and drink than the show.  If you know, I'd appreciate your thoughts.  Thanks!
I am

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 03:39:32 PM »
From facebook:

Want to see STP from the front row at Musikfest on 8.5? Come out tonight for your chance to win! Details at http://www.facebook.com/event.​php?eid=232021750170680
        Musikfest Street Team Contest & Giveaway       Location: Starters Riverport  Time: ‎6:00PM Friday, July 22nd
I am

n25philly

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 02:19:51 PM »
I managed to pick up a second row seat for the show.  I also got a front row for Fuel/Buckcherry the following Friday.

cotis

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 02:31:28 AM »
Cotis or CritterTypeThing--do you know what the seats are like in the Steel Terrace section?  I'm told that they're "excellent seats," but I'm skeptical because those package deals are usually more about the food and drink than the show.  If you know, I'd appreciate your thoughts.  Thanks!

I actually have no idea :( have tried to find pictures and stuff but I've got no idea.

I'm 50-50 on going to the show now but really am trying to go!

Either that or the Borgata date cause I love the Borgata...

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
I am

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 07:27:09 PM »

I actually have no idea :( have tried to find pictures and stuff but I've got no idea.

I'm 50-50 on going to the show now but really am trying to go!

Either that or the Borgata date cause I love the Borgata...
I haven't been able to find any information about this venue, either.  Got this from WZZO, the local rock station:

Hey laura!

It's so cool you're coming home for musikfest!  Be sure and look for us at the fest!

I'm unsure about backstage at this point.  Last time they were here, they said "No" to backstage.  They had a new album at that time.  So I'm guessing they say no again this time because they don't even have a new album they are pimping.  But if that changes, you'll find the info either on our web site or if you "Like" WZZO on Facebook, we'll post it there too.

Love,
Tori

One week from today!  Let me know if you decide to go.  I'll be at this show, and the Borgata, too.
I am

cotis

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 01:15:44 PM »
Not going - been watching the setlists and I would rather go out for the girlfriends birthday....

not to mention I would be murdered if I went to a concert instead of celebrate with her :P

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 03:50:19 PM »
  STP is being outsold by Maroon 5

I think I just threw up a little bit....
I am not surprised...he was a judge on that voice show and he BLEW UP..Best thing he could have done for his music
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

blackagain

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 01:32:18 AM »
Here is a great website that gives the setlist for bands that have just recently played a show.  Enter the address below to get the setlist for STP's show at "Musikfest" in Bethlehem, Pa Aug. 5th, 2011. Type in any band name & venue & you can get the setlist (if available). Sorry, don't know how to copy & paste the link. Here's the website address:

www.setlist.fm/setlist/stone-temple-pilots/2011/musikfest-bethlehem-pa-43d09323.html

It appears as though they didn't play "Bi-Polar Bear" at this show.