October 04, 2024, 12:30:31 PM

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* STP Song Tourney: Semi Finals "Final 4" (2-of-2)  (Read 7989 times)

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
*OFFICIAL* STP Song Tourney: Semi Finals "Final 4" (2-of-2)
« on: April 25, 2011, 06:00:34 AM »
Well there was certainly its share of controversy with the "Elite 8."   There seemed to be an abundant amount of voters and somehow Plush   squeezed out a win in literally the last moments of the poll. Having to   move on, this is where the tourney takes us. The official results from   the Quarter Finals:

Plush (50%) - Seven Caged Tigers (49%)
  Vasoline (58%) - Kitchenware & Candybars (41%)
  Interstate Love Song (51%) -   Trippin on a Hole in a Paper Heart (48%) Trippin had a nice run by   soundly defeating First Kiss on Mars, Lady Picture Show, and Dead &   Bloated. Met its match with Interstate, however.
  Army Ants (29%) - Adhesive (70%) - Adhesive lives!

We're down to one Core song, two from Purple, and one from Tiny Music.

The remained of this tourney will be held through this sites poll   option. I do not want the results to be displayed before the poll   concludes.

Check out the other match-up here -------> PLUSH vs VASOLINE

have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: *OFFICIAL* STP Song Tourney: Semi Finals "Final 4" (2-of-2)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 01:40:35 PM »
Had to vote ILS my fav hands down..I know u guys love adhesive but realistically how can u beat ils
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 02:30:46 PM »
Voted for Interstate
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 02:33:36 PM »
this ones easy... Adhesive.... arguably their best song

ILS has been played to death on radio... It almost receives daily play where I live and even played more than Plush... I never listen to it unless its one of the acoustic versions
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 02:37:42 PM by stpunderground »
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 06:31:28 PM »
ILS all the way. I voted for Adhesive each round, but not against ILS. Funny though I've voted against ILS at least one or maybe two, if someone reminds me which songs it beat I'll know for sure
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 07:20:15 PM »
Voted for Interstate.

People keep complaining about Plush and Interstate going to the final rounds (I didn't want to see it that way either), but the whole tournament is about which song best represents STP as a whole. Just because songs like Seven Caged Tigers or Adhesive are deep cuts, it doesn't mean that they represent STP the best either. People need to look at both sides of the coin. It doesn't matter how overplayed the song is, maybe Interstate does represent STP the best.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 07:36:51 PM »
Voted for Interstate.

People keep complaining about Plush and Interstate going to the final rounds (I didn't want to see it that way either), but the whole tournament is about which song best represents STP as a whole. Just because songs like Seven Caged Tigers or Adhesive are deep cuts, it doesn't mean that they represent STP the best either. People need to look at both sides of the coin. It doesn't matter how overplayed the song is, maybe Interstate does represent STP the best.
applaud
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 12:25:00 AM »
well, I think we know where I went with this one.
adhesive love

FirstSexTypeThingOnMars

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 03:31:37 AM »
INTERSTATE LOVE SONG!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 04:05:47 AM »
Adhesive!!!

Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 07:56:36 AM »
You can't hold how overplayed ILS is on the radio against it, if we're voting objectively here.  How much air play it gets doesn't change how the song sounds.  That isn't any fault of the song that it's insanely popular.

Deeze

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 08:06:01 AM »
INTERSTATE LOVE SONG!!! Adhesive is not really a big song outside of the STP fanbase. And if memory serves me correctly, it wasn't on 'thank you' either...
AND I THINK I THINK TOO MUCH...

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 11:44:34 AM »
You can't hold how overplayed ILS is on the radio against it, if we're voting objectively here.  How much air play it gets doesn't change how the song sounds.  That isn't any fault of the song that it's insanely popular.

Exactly. 

The whole idea of this tournament was to vote for STP's best song. People were supposed to vote on the best song, not their personal favorite, what got them into STP, or some other subjective criteria.

ILS one of their most timeless songs, it appeals to a wider audience than almost all their other songs, and it'll still be played for another 20+ years.  Personally, I love ILS & Adhesive, but neither is my favorite.  But if you played both for a bunch of non-STP fans, ILS would blow it away.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 12:46:15 PM »
I'm sorry but there is just no way Adhesive is a top 4 STP song. Not even close. ILS belongs here. Adhesive does not. Just my humble opinion

FirstSexTypeThingOnMars

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 01:04:55 PM »

I agree with what you said. ILS has made STP millions of dollars and Adhesive hasn't made them shit. Sure ILS guitar sounds just like Traveling Riverside Blues by the mighty Zepp, but it was a smart move on their part taking from a lesser known zepp song and running away with it to make a rock radio staple that will live on radio forever.