October 04, 2024, 08:24:06 PM

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* STP Song Tourney: Quarter Finals "Elite 8"  (Read 10356 times)

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: *OFFICIAL* STP Song Tourney: Quarter Finals "Elite 8"
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2011, 05:29:45 AM »
This round has ended.
I'll post results and the 2 semi-final match-ups sometime Saturday evening.
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

Veesk

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2011, 02:41:21 PM »
Nooo, I can't believe Trippin' and 7ct got knocked out at the last minute! They were both winning the whole way through, and to lose by such a small margin...

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2011, 02:59:09 PM »
Plush is not a better song than Seven Caged Tigers (let alone ILS or Adhesive).

I thought we were supposed to vote on what the best STP song is.... not what it was in 1994, or what got you into the band, or some other biased view of it.  I'm just trying to vote based on the best song, and be objective rather than subjective about it.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2011, 03:42:42 PM »

In your opinion...

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2011, 07:12:28 PM »
Could have swore 7CT and Trippin had convincing leads in their matchups  :o

kinda lame that its gonna come down to the two biggest hits....
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

FirstSexTypeThingOnMars

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2011, 12:03:53 AM »
ahhhh its closed now?! bummer i wanted to cast my vote!, this thread is the reason why i finally signed up!  ;D

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2011, 12:55:37 AM »
Could have swore 7CT and Trippin had convincing leads in their matchups  :o

kinda lame that its gonna come down to the two biggest hits....
Nooo, I can't believe Trippin' and 7ct got knocked out at the last minute! They were both winning the whole way through, and to lose by such a small margin...

Agreed and understandable, but I'm curious where 95 voters came from. Didn't think we'd garner that many INDIVIDUAL votes from here. Makes ya wonder....

ahhhh its closed now?! bummer i wanted to cast my vote!, this thread is the reason why i finally signed up!  ;D

Technically, one wouldn't need to sign up on here to vote. Just follow the link to the voting site. However, what WOULD you have voted for?

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Grab the hate and drown it out
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2011, 01:39:46 AM »
I like Adhesive a lot, but there is no way in hell it is STP's best tune.
MM 3/10/09 STP 10/6/09 EC 6/19/10 SP7/16/10
STP 10/19/10 3EB 5/11/11 B182 8/12/11
Godsmack 8/16/11 Incubus 9/17/11
Foo's 11/8/11 Bush 12/2/11 JA 3/10/12 Bush 8/1/12
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2011, 04:38:04 AM »

In your opinion...

Sure, it's all just opinions.  But, I really believe that if you did a study today, and took 100 people at random, then played  Plush, Seven caged Tigers, Interstate Love Song, and Adhesive, they wouldn't choose Plush.  It's all about the best song, and doing an unbiased survey would most likely rank Plush below several other STP songs.

It's kinda like how people say the Ford Model T is the greatest car ever made.  Their only claim to that basis is that it's the FIRST of it's kind, but objectively nothing compared to even the worst production cars in the last 50 years.  Don't get me wrong, I still love Plush, but sure.... in my opinion.... it's not their best song musically, or lyrically.  It's even more dated than a lot of their songs, especially ILS which is one of their most timeless songs, and probably one of the few STP songs that will continue to live on transcending genres for years to come.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2011, 04:46:47 AM »

In your opinion...

Sure, it's all just opinions.  But, I really believe that if you did a study today, and took 100 people at random, then played  Plush, Seven caged Tigers, Interstate Love Song, and Adhesive, they wouldn't choose Plush.  It's all about the best song, and doing an unbiased survey would most likely rank Plush below several other STP songs.

It's kinda like how people say the Ford Model T is the greatest car ever made.  Their only claim to that basis is that it's the FIRST of it's kind, but objectively nothing compared to even the worst production cars in the last 50 years.  Don't get me wrong, I still love Plush, but sure.... in my opinion.... it's not their best song musically, or lyrically.  It's even more dated than a lot of their songs, especially ILS which is one of their most timeless songs, and probably one of the few STP songs that will continue to live on transcending genres for years to come.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. I just really like "Plush", probably my favorite STP song. But it shouldn't win this tournament, regardless. I'm still bummed about "Kitchenware" getting rocked by "Vasoline".

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2011, 05:08:22 AM »

In your opinion...

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. I just really like "Plush", probably my favorite STP song. But it shouldn't win this tournament, regardless. I'm still bummed about "Kitchenware" getting rocked by "Vasoline".

I still like Plush, but over the years I've gravitated towards the acoustic, live, and altered versions.  The only time I ever listen to the original is if I catch it on the radio.  Ughhh this tournament is killing me.  STT is my fav song, and I was   hoping it'd win since they used to close out all their shows with it.

It's still cool to see what the STP community chooses.  Everyone here knows all the songs, so it's the only place you could have a tournament like this.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 05:23:59 AM by STEAK »

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2011, 12:46:24 PM »
I cannot freaking believe Plush came back to win that and the voting closed with a 1 vote lead. I'm calling BS on that. Some people hopped on and vote for a second time to give Plush the boost it needed. That's messed up. That is so lame.

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2011, 05:35:10 PM »
I cannot freaking believe Plush came back to win that and the voting closed with a 1 vote lead. I'm calling BS on that. Some people hopped on and vote for a second time to give Plush the boost it needed. That's messed up. That is so lame.

I'm kinda thinking the same thing maybe... not sure how to remedy this, maybe just call a spade a spade and move on...

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2011, 11:28:47 PM »
95 votes my ass

someone must really wanna see a plush vs interstate finale that bad?
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2011, 01:25:12 AM »
where's the final four? I'm ready to vote against Plush again, and this time I'm going out of my way to cheat my ass off and do everything I can to get it knocked out! :)