September 30, 2024, 08:31:18 AM

Author Topic: Doug Greene claims he's finished a new SW record on twitter.  (Read 13194 times)

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Doug Greene claims he's finished a new SW record on twitter.
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2011, 08:52:23 PM »
it is not a joke..it was just coincidence it was on april fools..he has confirmed it was not a joke

Awesome.  I was happy about the book, but this is even better!  Hopefully Scott's (better) version of 'Happy' will finally see the light of day.

What, he has a better version? :o

Why didn't he just release that in the first place then, it was on his own flippin label! ;)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2011, 09:53:13 PM »
it is not a joke..it was just coincidence it was on april fools..he has confirmed it was not a joke

Awesome.  I was happy about the book, but this is even better!  Hopefully Scott's (better) version of 'Happy' will finally see the light of day.

What, he has a better version? :o

Why didn't he just release that in the first place then, it was on his own flippin label! ;)

The song Happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl0csgW65ig

It's this but with Scott singing.
Bleeda blooda

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2011, 10:30:45 PM »
He did a version with Pharell (or however you spell his name) from N.E.R.D. & some reason he wouldn't let Scott put out his version... I think that's what DG told me. That's was a few years ago. I'd have to go on my Myspace & dig up our conversation to see what he said...

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2011, 10:51:37 PM »
He did a version with Pharell (or however you spell his name) from N.E.R.D. & some reason he wouldn't let Scott put out his version... I think that's what DG told me. That's was a few years ago. I'd have to go on my Myspace & dig up our conversation to see what he said...
i remember hearing this same exact thing...what a waste. i remember listening to the 15 second clip on something too
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2011, 04:42:38 AM »
Awesome.    I was happy about the book, but this is even better!  Hopefully   Scott's (better) version of 'Happy' will finally see the light of day.
And the video for Happy too! It looked great from the still shots... disco balls and tuxes.

Yup... I remember the stills, and the 15 or 30sec clip on Softdrive's site.  It sounded so good, and seemed perfect for him.  Kinda reminded me of a second coming of Barbarella.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

powernoize

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2011, 05:36:30 AM »
happy was a 35 second clip....i recorded it. if anyone needs it i can share it on the downloads forum. lemme know :)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2011, 05:59:00 AM »
happy was a 35 second clip....i recorded it. if anyone needs it i can share it on the downloads forum. lemme know :)

That'd be sweet  if you uploaded it. I used to have it but I guess it got deleted. I even had it as my ringtone for a while.
Bleeda blooda

powernoize

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2011, 06:37:07 AM »
posted the clip in the downloads forum....hope this is allowed :)

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2011, 04:59:08 PM »
Thanks for that....I have a horrid feeling something is gonna happen to this album. Does anyone know why the material wasn't allowed to be published, could it be transfered to SD?
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2011, 01:12:44 AM »
Thanks for that....I have a horrid feeling something is gonna happen to this album. Does anyone know why the material wasn't allowed to be published, could it be transfered to SD?

Probably just rumors, but I remember reading that since Pharell used the song, Scott didn't have the rights to release it commercially. 

I figured they could at least play it live kinda like a cover (so there'd be a recording for us fans), or they could always leak it, or upload it for free so it's out there.  It's only one song, so I don't see the problem giving it away at this point.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2011, 01:52:43 AM »
If I remember correctly, Pharrell ended up using Happy on NERD's album because Scott took too long to release it.

Remember, it was originally supposed to be a Velvet Revolver song.....

Edit: After a quick Google search, I guess it wasn't gonna be a VR song.

"Schedules being what they are, it's taken this long for the producer and the band to meet up. "He was insanely busy, we were busy ourselves, but it's finally coming together," McKagan said. Plus, in the time since they first met up, Pharrell's written a song called "Happy" that Weiland plans to use for his next solo record, since the singer said he felt the song spoke to recent experiences he'd gone through."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:55:00 AM by andrew »
Bleeda blooda

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2011, 02:27:01 AM »
I'll wait until April ends to preorder something. I need the most complete possible version, 'cause I might not be able to buy more than one. I wanna see Amazon offering the book along with a record soon  :-\
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2011, 02:55:47 AM »
If I remember correctly, Pharrell ended up using Happy on NERD's album because Scott took too long to release it.

Remember, it was originally supposed to be a Velvet Revolver song.....

Edit: After a quick Google search, I guess it wasn't gonna be a VR song.

"Schedules being what they are, it's taken this long for the producer and the band to meet up. "He was insanely busy, we were busy ourselves, but it's finally coming together," McKagan said. Plus, in the time since they first met up, Pharrell's written a song called "Happy" that Weiland plans to use for his next solo record, since the singer said he felt the song spoke to recent experiences he'd gone through."

I remember Pharrell was supposed to collaborate with VR, so I assume that's where him and Scott started working together. Although as far as the lyrics go, they seem like classic Scott, especially the main chorus line:
"I'm happy... things are lookin good now... I feel so alive... I'm on overdrive"

I have no idea, just a theory.... BUT what makes more sense would be Pharell coming up with the music, and Scott writing the chorus to it (if not more of the lyrics), but it was done in a collaborative setting so since Pharrell wrote the music and possibly some of the lyrics, he had more rights to release it.  Again, just a theory.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2011, 10:46:07 PM »
This comes out next month, so I don't understand the lack of info about this "album".  I would already have my book preordered on Amazon.com, but I don't want to find out after I can't cancel that I can only get access to the "album" through a different retailer, etc.