September 30, 2024, 08:28:33 AM

Author Topic: Doug Greene claims he's finished a new SW record on twitter.  (Read 13193 times)

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Doug Greene claims he's finished a new SW record on twitter.
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 02:14:22 AM »
the part that really gets me is "What's that make three in the last year?" - there hasn't been any albums in 3 years. Grean is the most sarcastic person possibly in the world. That was all written on April Fool's Day. But yeah, his other responses on facebook make it seem more real. Just remember to be very cautiously optimistic. Just because it's "finished" doesn't mean Weiland will agree to let it see the light of day. Cautious optimism people, cautious optimism... I'd hate to see you guys get really bummed when/if it gets pulled. We've been Weiland fans for too long to really get our hopes up.

live album, x-mas album, and now this 'new' album
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2011, 02:28:40 AM »
the part that really gets me is "What's that make three in the last year?" - there hasn't been any albums in 3 years. Grean is the most sarcastic person possibly in the world. That was all written on April Fool's Day. But yeah, his other responses on facebook make it seem more real. Just remember to be very cautiously optimistic. Just because it's "finished" doesn't mean Weiland will agree to let it see the light of day. Cautious optimism people, cautious optimism... I'd hate to see you guys get really bummed when/if it gets pulled. We've been Weiland fans for too long to really get our hopes up.

live album, x-mas album, and now this 'new' album

yeah kind of my point exactly. How many of these three albums have seen/heard to this point?

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2011, 03:00:26 AM »
If this thread is based on an April fool's day prank, then please delete it.  It's one thing to tease us on 4/1, but seeing this thread pop up on a daily basis is just plain cruel... unless there's some truth behind it.

"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2011, 03:40:06 AM »
Hoping this is true...  :)
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2011, 04:09:16 AM »
If this thread is based on an April fool's day prank, then please delete it.  It's one thing to tease us on 4/1, but seeing this thread pop up on a daily basis is just plain cruel... unless there's some truth behind it.

it is not a joke..it was just coincidence it was on april fools..he has confirmed it was not a joke
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2011, 04:10:22 AM »

it is not a joke..it was just coincidence it was on april fools..he has confirmed it was not a joke
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2011, 09:38:32 AM »

Awesome.  I was happy about the book, but this is even better!  Hopefully Scott's (better) version of 'Happy' will finally see the light of day.

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2011, 12:26:14 PM »
EDIT: Nevermind
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 12:28:14 PM by Tyrant »
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2011, 12:24:37 AM »
Told you guys DG wouldn't fuck with us like that. There was the live cd, the xmas cd, and now this one. Hopefully this one makes it out! The xmas cd wasn't delivered in time for the press, so maybe we'll get it this year. I hope.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2011, 01:03:43 AM »
Told you guys DG wouldn't fuck with us like that. There was the live cd, the xmas cd, and now this one. Hopefully this one makes it out! The xmas cd wasn't delivered in time for the press, so maybe we'll get it this year. I hope.

definitely hope it's true, too, but like all things SW related I'll believe it when I see it.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2011, 04:13:35 AM »

definitely hope it's true, too, but like all things SW related I'll believe it when I see it.

Very true.  The live album made it's way onto Amazon but wasn't even released.   Between the SW & STP rumored material there's probably hundreds of tracks & video footage just sitting around waiting to never be released.

I'm just excited about the unreleased stuff.  The live album is nice, and the Christmas stuff is better than nothing, but unreleased songs have been pretty great from past experiences with these guys.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2011, 04:25:17 AM »
I don't know who's actually to blame for the album's not reaching us. Its not for lack of trying on SW's end. It is very frustrating for us fans. I bet its even more frustrating for him! To spend all that time & work on albums & not to have it out for the masses. Gotta piss him off.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2011, 05:09:38 AM »
I don't know who's actually to blame for the album's not reaching us. Its not for lack of trying on SW's end. It is very frustrating for us fans. I bet its even more frustrating for him! To spend all that time & work on albums & not to have it out for the masses. Gotta piss him off.

What I don't understand is, how come they can't just release their own stuff on iTunes?  Between that and Amazon, it wouldn't really cost them much to release a song (or more), and anything they'd make would be profit really.

Wasn't 'Happy in Galoshes' distributed through Softdrive?

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2011, 01:19:22 PM »
Hell at least the book is a firm date..The cd would be fantastic but at this point all I am focused on is the book that we have been promised for 3 years lol

ejsme

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2011, 03:56:55 PM »
Awesome.    I was happy about the book, but this is even better!  Hopefully   Scott's (better) version of 'Happy' will finally see the light of day.
And the video for Happy too! It looked great from the still shots... disco balls and tuxes.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:58:49 PM by ejsme »