October 04, 2024, 06:26:26 PM

Author Topic: Scotts Book Signing in NY May 17  (Read 9499 times)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Scotts Book Signing in NY May 17
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 11:40:21 PM »
I'm pretty sure this is going to be one of those events where you only get your book signed and nothing else.

i'll be there and probably standing next to Casper on line ;)

All book signings are 1 book per customer, usually no personalization (though Mary did but her crowd wasn't as many as Scott will have) No pictures, no other items. You usually have to purchase the book there to get it signed, not books already purchased.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2011, 11:49:59 PM »
If I pre order it and if they ship it the 17th I'll have to wait 3 weeks at least to get my hands on it... sad sad sad. SO don't you dare to spoil me the book 'cause I swear to Scott you'll have nightmares with me >:(
Once the book will be released we should create some kind of a "I just learned from the book that..." thread. It would be the easiest way to know anything about the book for people like me and the best way to avoid any spoilers for people like you  :)
I'm not even sure how to obtain the book...
Good idea! 'cause trying to avoid BE for 3 weeks won't work for me.
How's that you don't know how to get the book, don't they ship to Ukraine? that's odd...
The majority of the online shops are indeed not shipping to Ukraine, but it's not the biggest problem.
The biggest problem is trying to figure out the way to pay them. Ukraine is not that credit card friendly country. We don't really need any bank accounts and the majority of people have no idea how to use it  ;D
geez... that's worse than have to ask your parents credit card each time, and I thought my situation was complicated.
What about western union or something like that? online stores won't accept it but maybe someone on ebay. Asking a book store to import it for you will probably duplicate its price but if it's the only way...
I'd LOVE to help you out but don't have a card myself, if you find some twisted way to get it and I can give a hand, don't hesitate ;)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2011, 11:50:45 PM »
All book signings are 1 book per customer
Dammit! I got no chances haha ;D

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 09:55:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure this is going to be one of those events where you only get your book signed and nothing else.

i'll be there and probably standing next to Casper on line ;)

Hell ya!!!
adhesive love

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2011, 10:52:22 PM »
If I pre order it and if they ship it the 17th I'll have to wait 3 weeks at least to get my hands on it... sad sad sad. SO don't you dare to spoil me the book 'cause I swear to Scott you'll have nightmares with me >:(
Once the book will be released we should create some kind of a "I just learned from the book that..." thread. It would be the easiest way to know anything about the book for people like me and the best way to avoid any spoilers for people like you  :)
I'm not even sure how to obtain the book...
Good idea! 'cause trying to avoid BE for 3 weeks won't work for me.
How's that you don't know how to get the book, don't they ship to Ukraine? that's odd...
The majority of the online shops are indeed not shipping to Ukraine, but it's not the biggest problem.
The biggest problem is trying to figure out the way to pay them. Ukraine is not that credit card friendly country. We don't really need any bank accounts and the majority of people have no idea how to use it  ;D

I'll see how my bank account looks around the time when it comes out and I might be able to help you obtain a copy. Both of you guys.
Bleeda blooda

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2011, 12:29:57 AM »
Anyone who travels out of state to go to this...is hardcore and awesome.  I wish I could, but I'm gonna try to hold out for one in LA.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2011, 01:36:50 AM »
I'll see how my bank account looks around the time when it comes out and I might be able to help you obtain a copy. Both of you guys.
aww thanks a BUNCH! andrew, but won't be necessary for me. I can get a credit card (they know they have to) all I need to do is wait longer (a bummer but no need to bother you ;) )

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2011, 10:16:43 PM »
I'm taking off work early to get there and leave no chance to the trains effing me up.  Hope I don't have a nervous breakdown.

I have a piece of K-Rock stationary that the rest of hte band signed hanging up, I'm gonna bring it and just try and see if he'll be willing to sign that also.  But from what I've witnessed at other artist/athlete signings they really try to push you along.  I guess it's a mixture of the signer's personality, how long the store has him/her reserved to sign for, how dicky managment is.

I'm hoping it's not too crazy cause then he might be more inclined to take photos and such (not your standard he just looks up from the other side of a table while you try to lean and pretend you're close to him and come out looking like a mushed pretzel). 
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

scottieslittlesoftie

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • STONED M*F* PILOTS - Tribute To The Stone Temple Pilots
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 10:56:34 PM »
2nd book signing announced at Book-Ends 211 E Ridgewood Ave., Ridgewood NJ Wed May 18th... the store says that the line-up will start 2 hours prior - signing is scheduled for 7pm.. you might want to confirm... see you die hards in NY!!!!! Coming from Toronto!! woo-hoo!!