October 04, 2024, 08:27:37 PM

Author Topic: Scotts Book Signing in NY May 17  (Read 9507 times)

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scotts Book Signing in NY May 17
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 02:00:49 PM »
I'll definitely be there!  Gotta ask him about that song 'Happy' that he never released and Pharell stole.

The last time I can remember him signing stuff in NY was when STP signed copies of SLDD at the Tower records on Broadway in 2001.  The line wrapped around the block and onto another street, it was crazy.  I'm hoping it's not as bad.
I hope for the sake of his book that it is that busy
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 02:29:47 PM »
someone remind me what the release date of the book is?
Same of the signing.

thanks!

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 01:31:59 PM »
Someone pay my flight over ;)
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 01:46:09 PM »
I'll be there!

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 11:54:03 PM »
I'm pretty sure this is going to be one of those events where you only get your book signed and nothing else.
And my left breast...?
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 12:03:42 AM »
I'm pretty sure this is going to be one of those events where you only get your book signed and nothing else.
And my left breast...?

Take pictures!  ;)
Bleeda blooda

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 12:10:49 AM »
And my left breast...?

Take pictures!  ;)
You haven't seen my left breast...I'm an ugly fucker :)
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 11:33:21 AM »
I'll definitely be there!  Gotta ask him about that song 'Happy' that he never released and Pharell stole.

The last time I can remember him signing stuff in NY was when STP signed copies of SLDD at the Tower records on Broadway in 2001.  The line wrapped around the block and onto another street, it was crazy.  I'm hoping it's not as bad.
I hope for the sake of his book that it is that busy

True.  As a fan I want him to be successful, and this to be packed with actual fans (not just idiots who see a crowd and follow, or non-fans trying to buy signed copies for eBay.)

It's a double edge sword though, if it's a madhouse then they'll rush you along, but if it's not that crazy then maybe.... JUST MAYBE there's a chance of a picture, or something.  Either way, it's awesome that the book is finally here, and he's doing this.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 08:28:45 PM »
Won't make it which is a shame. I'd love to read this book though...it'd be interesting to hear what he has to say not only about his career but his bipolar and his ex-wife's. You know the bipolar has also been a strong driving force in his creativity, it'd be interesting to hear how the two affect each other.
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 01:26:48 AM »
i did the pre order but i will probably go to a bookstore and buy it that day too...if it doesnt ship to me in time
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 01:52:44 AM »
If I pre order it and if they ship it the 17th I'll have to wait 3 weeks at least to get my hands on it... sad sad sad. SO don't you dare to spoil me the book 'cause I swear to Scott you'll have nightmares with me >:(
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 12:57:05 PM »
If I pre order it and if they ship it the 17th I'll have to wait 3 weeks at least to get my hands on it... sad sad sad. SO don't you dare to spoil me the book 'cause I swear to Scott you'll have nightmares with me >:(
Once the book will be released we should create some kind of a "I just learned from the book that..." thread. It would be the easiest way to know anything about the book for people like me and the best way to avoid any spoilers for people like you  :)
I'm not even sure how to obtain the book...
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

scottieslittlesoftie

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • STONED M*F* PILOTS - Tribute To The Stone Temple Pilots
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 06:23:54 PM »
It looks like I will be there too........ when Scott appeared at his fashion show at The Bay in Toronto, there was no meet and greet and he did not sign anything.. he was surrounded by his "people" from the parking lot to his seat and back..... the only chance that you had was when he walked with the models... I was fortunate enough to get a handshake and that was it...... as for the line that day... there was nothing... it didn't seem like anyone anticipated many people showing up... everything was so disorganized... I was there from 9am to be sure that I got a spot where I wanted but moat didn't show up until 1:00 - Scott was about an hour late - he was supposed to be there at 2.... so... I hope that there is not too much of a line in NYC.... regardless - if it anything like to Toronto fashion show, he will be there for a pre-determined period of time (30 minutes?) and I suspect that many of us will be disaspointed although I hope that this is not the case...... I look forward to meeting those of you that will be there!!

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 11:08:59 PM »
Once the book will be released we should create some kind of a "I just learned from the book that..." thread. It would be the easiest way to know anything about the book for people like me and the best way to avoid any spoilers for people like you  :)
Good idea! 'cause trying to avoid BE for 3 weeks won't work for me.
How's that you don't know how to get the book, don't they ship to Ukraine? that's odd...
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 11:19:49 PM »
Good idea! 'cause trying to avoid BE for 3 weeks won't work for me.
How's that you don't know how to get the book, don't they ship to Ukraine? that's odd...
The majority of the online shops are indeed not shipping to Ukraine, but it's not the biggest problem.
The biggest problem is trying to figure out the way to pay them. Ukraine is not that credit card friendly country. We don't really need any bank accounts and the majority of people have no idea how to use it  ;D
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland