September 19, 2024, 11:17:13 PM

Author Topic: 2011-05-04 - Richmond, VA - Innsbrook After Hours  (Read 11823 times)

zjt228

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2011-05-04 - Richmond, VA - Innsbrook After Hours
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 04:14:05 AM »
HOLY FUCK????
6/4/08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore (Red Wings win the Cup); 7/7/09 - Lansing, MI - Common Ground Festival; 8/19/10 - Grand Rapids, MI - Deltaplex; 8/26/10 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre; 4/20/11 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore; 8/18/12 - Pontiac, MI - Silverdome

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 04:16:01 AM »
They played Dumb Love at this one.

Seriously? No way!

Wow that's so unexpected and awesome if it's true. Where in the set was it?
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 04:16:19 AM »
omg!!! i hope they keep it in the setlist!!!
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

STPCreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2011, 04:17:34 AM »
They played Dumb Love at this one.

WHAT.

rustic

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2011, 04:19:53 AM »
I wasn't keeping close track of the setlist, but it was in the second half.  They also played Still Remains and Dancing Days, which looking back aren't all that rare.

When he announced it he said something like "This one is called Dumb Love and ..." but I didn't catch the second half of it.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2011, 04:35:44 AM »
Please tell me you got a recording of it!?!?!  And did they play the whole song through or did they just do a jam or shortened version of it?
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2011, 04:38:37 AM »
And for a fun fact!  According to the FAQ on this page it has never been performed live!!!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

rustic

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2011, 04:43:10 AM »
It seemed pretty short, so I'm guessing a shortened version.

I didn't record it but maybe someone else did.  I didn't know it was rare until I looked it up when I got home.

The show was pretty good overall.  A few songs felt reeaalllllyyy sllloowwed ddooowwwn.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2011, 08:56:03 AM »
SHAZAM!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYTLNwS7VDs

Hasn't gotten to Dumb Love yet but the jam before it is wicked. The sound quality is fucking awesome I might add.  :)

Oooookay maybe not. There was a pretty wicked jam and then it goes straight into Sex Type Thing. I am sad.  :(
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 09:12:06 AM by andrew »
Bleeda blooda

AFH

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stonedatpompeii/
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2011, 10:43:01 AM »
I noticed that Scott sings a little bit of "Five to One" by the Doors in that jam

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2011, 01:42:21 PM »
Yeah you can hear it...for a minute, I thought it wasn't scott there LOL amazing the sudden variation in voice.
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

chloesdad

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2011, 02:14:58 PM »
Scott said "this is a song ABOUT Dumb Love".  No portion of Dumb Love was played last night.

chloesdad

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2011, 02:19:13 PM »
Setlist:

Crackerman
Wicked Garden
Vasoline
Heaven & Hot Rods
Between The Lines
Hickory Dichotomy
Still Remains
Big Empty
Dancin Days
Silvergun Superman
Plush
Interstate Love Song
Huckleberry Crumble
Down
Sex Type Thing

-----------------------------------
Trippin

Due to a very strict 10pm curfew, Dead and Bloated was on the setlist but not played.

rustic

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2011, 02:31:16 PM »
Scott said "this is a song ABOUT Dumb Love".  No portion of Dumb Love was played last night.
That makes sense.  That's a shame.  That jam actually made me want to listen to that album for once.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2011, 02:53:22 PM »
I went to the show last night... they most definitely did NOT play Dumb Love. I got really excited for a second when Scott said "this next song is Dumb Love... ain't no love" and I thought holy shit they're going to play Dumb Love... but they didn't. They just played a nasty intro into Sex Type Thing. Didn't happen.

The setlist above is correct, basically the same as all the others minus Dead & Bloated.

This show in my opinion was so-so. Scott didn't sound great vocally and there was a lot of hitches musically. The band completely butchered Dancing Days and that was for me the low point of the show. They really did a bad job with that song tonight.

I will say in Heaven & Hotrods I absolutely love how they play it fast and then slow the tempo down drastically for the (and the dogs give in...). That transition is just nasty. They play the song super fast and them hit a screeching halt for that part of the song which is very cool.

In Still Remains in the Ride the Cliche riff during the bridge, Rob and Dean both messed up going back into the song and got lost. I was shocked that Eric and Scott, of all people, kept it together for them to come back into the song. that's the first time I've ever seen the Deleos mess up and Scott keep it together, not the other way around. Sloppy.

I just felt like it was a little mailed in, a little sloppy, and they just played a little tired at times. It wasn't as tight as a week ago.

The highlight was probably down, they always rock that tune. Scott talked very little in between songs but seemed a little out of it when he did.

A couple random things:

it was chilly and Scott was wearing a jacket. Dean at one point said "hey Rob come over here and get warm next to Scott" and they both got real close to Weiland and acted like he was a fire. It was pretty funny.

Scott also said at one point "I think they're serving up a piece of Huckleberry Crumble over there" and Dean came up to the mic and said "I heard you serve a mean Huckleberry Crumble". Kind of lame.

Scott went into ILS with some nonsensical rant about "we're in the south and this song is about that southern musicality"... he was basically saying we're in the south and here's a song inspired by that southern sound but it came off sounding weird and stupid. He wasn't really on his game tonight.

Anyway, overall the band did well. I've just seen them so many times this was a little disappointing and sloppy. Hard to tell if it was because it was cold, if it's because they just don't care that much, or if someone was drunk. Scott didn't seem drunk but his speech was as bad as ever in between songs.