September 21, 2024, 02:49:31 PM

Author Topic: "Cinnamon" Music Video is Ready To Be Premiered  (Read 22733 times)

Robert DeNiro

Re: "Cinnamon" Music Video is Ready To Be Premiered
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2011, 03:38:06 AM »
i bet you the video turned out really bad . I mean the Tangle with your Mind video was probaly the worst music video Scott's ever been in and if it had the same director then well...

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2011, 04:34:47 AM »
i bet you the video turned out really bad . I mean the Tangle with your Mind video was probaly the worst music video Scott's ever been in and if it had the same director then well...

What are you talking about man? the TWYM video was fucking awesome. Is my favorite video along with the between the lines video and BBB !
Seems like you left me when you broke down

Veesk

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2011, 12:45:24 PM »

Personally I thought it was really cool, especially form a stylistic point of view. Doug's cameo was a nice touch too.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2011, 12:29:51 AM »
I thought it was the cutest video ever, so sweet. I was (I am) so curious to see what Dennis had come up this time with Cinnamon.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2011, 04:59:20 AM »
SLDD all over again.   

Should anyone be surprised?
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2011, 06:18:50 PM »
This album had a long standing #1 single, but Shangri did sell more in it first week ..

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2011, 09:54:21 PM »
I too thought the Tangle With Your Mind video was great
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2011, 08:31:24 PM »
I'm saying not just video release, but a concentrated promotional effort all around.  Radio & college marketing to parallel their touring, goes a long way. 

Even dating back to the record release, the couple of local retailers by me didn't even have a display or setup in new releases.

While not too much outside of Rap & Pop really get dedicated attention from labels, I'm sure under any other label, this album & SLDD would be considered much more successful among the industry, not just the fans. 

Truth is Atlantic was and seems to still be a jilted lover.  I know there was that bad blood still with Scott & Eric's contracts when they reunited but with STPs history and the legit songs on the past 2 albums, they deserve much better than 1 and done committment.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2011, 02:01:28 AM »
I think we all need to realize that there is a strong possibility that some of the promotional failings could be due to one or more of our band members...... (elephant in the room)
adhesive love

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2011, 03:00:44 AM »
I think we all need to realize that there is a strong possibility that some of the promotional failings could be due to one or more of our band members...... (elephant in the room)

Why do you say that? Does somebody not show up for concerts or to recording sessions or what?
Bleeda blooda

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2011, 11:12:11 PM »
STP has always had been somewhat consistently inconsistent. One step forward, one step back, repeat. In the 1990's, bands could be this way and still sell oogles of records. Fast forward to the music industry landscape in 2011 and many things have changed. The band and the management and the promotional tools have to be somewhat in sync to establish the best chance for success.     

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2011, 07:48:03 PM »

Nail on the head. 

Frankly Atlantic probably doesnt want to pour too much money in to STP because they feel STP wont get out there and do there part of the promotion.  Atlantic has made some missteps for sure, but there is no doubt that the STP members have their share of dumb moves and missed opportunities, even since the reunion. 

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2011, 07:50:31 PM »

Nail on the head. 

Frankly Atlantic probably doesnt want to pour too much money in to STP because they feel STP wont get out there and do there part of the promotion.  Atlantic has made some missteps for sure, but there is no doubt that the STP members have their share of dumb moves and missed opportunities, even since the reunion. 

Too true, sadly.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2011, 06:14:59 PM »

Nail on the head. 

sometimes it really sucks being an STP fan. Such is life.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2011, 11:21:32 PM »
It's almost like being a Cubs fan.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94