September 21, 2024, 12:27:47 PM

Author Topic: Eric Kretz talks about possible plans for the new record  (Read 38354 times)

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Eric Kretz talks about possible plans for the new record
« on: February 17, 2011, 11:20:25 PM »
http://unlvrebelyell.com/2011/02/17/daddy-rocker-one-stone-temple-pilot-talks-growing-up/

What do you see in the future for STP? Do you plan on more records or tours?
Yeah, I think we’re definitely going to start working on a new record this year. Whether we can finish by the end of the year we will have to see.
But then of course in 2012 that would be our 20th anniversary, so I’m sure we’ll do some very special performances premiering that record in its entirety and figuring out some great way to present it to make it very, very special, something that you only get to once.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Eric Kretz talks about possible plans for the new record
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 11:27:19 PM »
And in South America the majority of the audience was a lot of  teenagers, so it’s great to know that not only are they listening to  STP but they’re listening to rock music, you know, guitar, bass, drums. It’s such a genuine and honest presentation of music so it’s really  great to see that it’s still popular in a lot of parts of the world and  the kids are still embracing it and realizing that not everything has  to be overproduced, you know, in a Disney Channel type of way.

Great quote right there.

It's a good interview. Even though he doesn't really say anything new, it's still just good to hear from the boys again.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 11:50:07 PM »
Yeah, South America for STP seems to be only Argentina, Brasil, Peru, Colombia and Chile.

:(
Seems like you left me when you broke down

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 12:52:06 AM »
Good read! but why they keep asking how the reunion came out... two years ago

They get to see what’s going on and be around all of the buses and the trucks, and when they get to jump behind the lighting console and push a few buttons and watch a whole arena change colors and flashing strobe lights, they just think its magical.
How sweet! I'm a sucker, I know...

And in South America the majority of the audience was a lot of teenagers, so it’s great to know that not only are they listening to STP but they’re listening to rock music, you know, guitar, bass, drums.
It’s such a genuine and honest presentation of music so it’s really great to see that it’s still popular in a lot of parts of the world and the kids are still embracing it and realizing that not everything has to be overproduced, you know, in a Disney Channel type of way.
I have to admit while we do have kids screwed up by Disney music, this "beast" is not that big here. They do sell out arenas though.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 01:01:55 AM »
Sweet, nice to hear a little update from good ol' Kretz
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 02:33:01 AM »
Cool interview from the troublemaker Kretz.  I'm glad they're planning something "special" for their 20th.

"We’ve been playing about four or five songs off the new album and varying up the set list quite a bit from time to time."
I must've missed the varying of the setlist they've been doing :)
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 02:41:00 AM »
Cool interview from the troublemaker Kretz.  I'm glad they're planning something "special" for their 20th.

Haha   :) . Yeah, it will more likely be a run through of "classic" album Core than any new one.

"We’ve been playing about four or five songs off the new album and varying up the set list quite a bit from time to time."

Indeed. Eric IS God of course (they used to spraypaint that around London when he was not long born   ;) ) but everyone has their off-days.

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 03:57:48 AM »
From that radio interview he did a few years back about Core's 20th anniversary, I thought he was kidding about playing Core in its entirety. It would be cool if they did, but I'm not really taking this seriously.
adhesive love

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 03:59:54 AM »
And watch the "special" something just be a re-release of Core with Only Dying as a bonus track... Everyone gets excited, but then when we play it we find out it's just the demo of Big Empty.
adhesive love

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 04:26:56 AM »
Indeed. Eric IS God of course (they used to spraypaint that around London when he was not long born   ;) ) but everyone has their off-days.

Or he's referring to the short life of Pretty Penny, Dare if you dare and Jean Genie
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Silvergun Batman

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 04:27:37 AM »

The "something special" is probably them incorporating Talk Show, Army of Anyone & Velvet Revolver covers into their set.  ;)
I got a picture of a photograph ...

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 05:03:25 AM »
At this point, i dont want anything from core. Ive had enough of the classics... i want Scott's next solo album, and full setlist of the latest stp album. And SLDD.
Seems like you left me when you broke down

NoMemory_Sin

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 05:45:52 AM »
I'm glad Eric sees me as a 27 year old teenager XD
CORPORATE MEDIA STILL SUCK

therealcaptain40

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 09:10:00 AM »
"Kretzel" talks way too much for his own good. He's always trying to steal the spotlight :-*  I kinda want a country and funk album. ILS, Don't Drop That Dime (VR), Old Dixie (MJY), The Man I Didn't Know (HIG), Maver, Dirty Dog, and Love Machine are prime examples that they can pull off those genres. I remember several months after SLDD was released Scott said that he wanted STP to make an album that would be gritty, almost live sounding, 10 swift rocking songs with no ballads and each band member would be allowed only 1 overdub. I like that concept.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 11:55:58 AM »
As well as a new album for the 20th anniversary I would REALLY like to see some official STP live releases. Perhaps one big one on Blu Ray & DVD, with a quality concert from the most recent tour, a bunch of rare stuff & a full live performance of Core. That would be sweet.

It's just amazing that after 6 albums & 20 years there's not a single official full length live release. For a band that is legendary for their high octane live performances, that is just mind boggling.