September 28, 2024, 12:23:38 AM

Author Topic: Regeneration  (Read 11755 times)

Silver guns and Candybars

Re: Regeneration
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2011, 05:20:44 AM »
This song has been my favorite STP song for almost three years now and I've been praising it here since day one.
Not saying it's Rob's best bassline but it's definitely my personal favorite and on another personal note lyrically it's my favorite from Weiland.
I guess it just hits me differently than others because when I first heard it I was completely blown away.
Especially after analyzing the lyrics.
I will agree that the only live version does suck bc Weiland was off, but the thing is, at least in my opinion, the music sounded killer live.
Lots of energy and it seemed like it hyped up Weiland so much that he gassed himself out.
I think Yanks made a great point, it really does seem like a difficult song to pull off live.
Would have been great to have seen them challenge themselves and nail it perfectly live.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2011, 04:29:43 PM »
The music will always sound killer live because the Deleos are always on their game and Kretz provides a steady beat. Scott was very gassed in the video like you mentioned. I'm curious if they even rehearsed it at all, or correction, I wonder if Scott rehearsed it at all.

Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Sinnamon Toast

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2011, 08:09:32 AM »
Haha Pigeon why are you getting all butt hurt?
So what if I dont buy cds?
nobody buys them these days and I was too young to get them when they first came out.
I love the music and have seen them live 4 times.
Twice driving across the country.
Hell anyone who has an account for a band on a forum is a true fan in my book
Independant of this debate, it is my personal belief that it is a true joy to hold in your hands a hard copy of the album of your favourite band.  The artwork, the liner notes, the pictures, the CD design, it's place on the shelf in your bedroom, and the feeling of going to a music store to purchase it in the first place.  It's all very satisfactory.  And also nice to know that if your computer crashes and you lose your iPod, you still have the orignal on the shelf.

I'm not linking this to fan-ness, I'm just saying that there's something to be said for owning a copy of the albums.

I know that you posted this a while ago, but I just have to say that I totally agree.  I love to look at all of the little details on the sleeve, as well.  When I first purchased Tiny Music, that collage had me entertained for hours. I take it a step further...I refuse to own an Ipod or MP3 player or whatever.  At some point, I realize I will probably have to make the crossover, but for now I will enjoy the physical copies of albums, (when I can find them) and making my very own kick ass Mix Cds, (yes I still do this).  Fuck it.  I don't like change. 
Are you good and lubed up?

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2011, 04:52:45 PM »
For the record Aylin and Stop That Pigeon, I bought a physical copy of Shangri shortly after our little discussion here 7-8 months ago.
Once I get Robert to sign that and my bass then my life will be complete.

MyFavoriteCagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'll breathe your life, Vick's Vapor life
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2011, 05:22:02 PM »
For the record Aylin and Stop That Pigeon, I bought a physical copy of Shangri shortly after our little discussion here 7-8 months ago.

What kinda bass you got?
You'll never lose it cuz you never had it

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2011, 06:09:36 PM »

What kinda bass you got?

67 Teisco Del Ray
Ibanez ATK Prestige ATK1200
Ric 4003 Mapleglo
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 06:12:07 PM by Silver guns and Candybars »

MyFavoriteCagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2011, 08:20:54 PM »

What kinda bass you got?

67 Teisco Del Ray
Ric 4003 Mapleglo

Jealous of all but the Ibanez. Which do you want him to sign?

Sinnamon Toast

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2012, 04:34:55 PM »

SLDD is not an easy one to find, (physical copy).  I haven't had any luck yet, so I had no choice but to download it.  Yes, I could and likely will order a physical copy online, but that day, I had to have it.  Silver Guns, is it possible that your life could be even more complete if, prior to Robert signing your copy of SLDD and your bass, he would sit down with you and have a jam session?  If you could have said jam session, what songs would you be prepared to play with him on the spot? 

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2012, 05:24:36 PM »

That's good to know mate, nice one!

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2012, 02:15:04 AM »

What kinda bass you got?

67 Teisco Del Ray
Ric 4003 Mapleglo

I'll take anything I can get.
What kinda bass do you have and what do you have against the prestige? Lol

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 02:41:28 AM »

SLDD is not an easy one to find, (physical copy).  I haven't had any luck yet, so I had no choice but to download it.  Yes, I could and likely will order a physical copy online, but that day, I had to have it.  Silver Guns, is it possible that your life could be even more complete if, prior to Robert signing your copy of SLDD and your bass, he would sit down with you and have a jam session?  If you could have said jam session, what songs would you be prepared to play with him on the spot?

I was fortunate enough to find a copy at my local music store.
I also scooped up No. 4 while I was there as well.
You can probably find a used copy on Amazon for less than 2 bucks.
Wow a jam session with Rob??
I couldn't even fathom such thing.
I'd be a stammering mess.
"Hey um Rob we can p-p-p-p play some Z-Z-Zeppelin."
Of course Regeneration would be a must but so would several songs off of the Talk Show album.
Fuck now I'm all excited.   ;)

MyFavoriteCagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2012, 06:46:28 AM »

What kinda bass you got?

67 Teisco Del Ray
Ric 4003 Mapleglo

I'll take anything I can get.
What kinda bass do you have and what do you have against the prestige? Lol

I have:
2008 Factory Fender P
68' Decca
88' Guild Pilot 5 string

and i just never liked Ibanez. sure there good for technical stuff, but they just aint got no soooooul

MyFavoriteCagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 06:48:24 AM »

Of course Regeneration would be a must but so would several songs off of the Talk Show album.

I also found SLDD at my local music store. And i have no idea what I'd be playing if i jammed with Rob O.o all I'm really good at is bass, and i definitely couldnt take that away from him. probly sing:3

Sinnamon Toast

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2012, 11:49:17 AM »

I know man.  I can't even play any instruments very well and I would just turn into jello at the prospect of a jam session with Rob.  I could offer my vocals and sing something slow.  I have a nice singing voice and I can belly dance.  Hmm...now I am excited!   ;)