September 29, 2024, 08:22:49 PM

Author Topic: 5 seconds with the band..?  (Read 7245 times)

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
5 seconds with the band..?
« on: January 17, 2011, 05:33:41 PM »
So, this is the scenario:

You're at a bar, waiting to be served for a drink.  A member of STP comes up to the bar and places an order right next to you.  He realises that you recognise him and gives a kinda "hi" smile.  You have 5 seconds until their drink arrives and they go back to their table (obviously we don't want to intrude on their time when they're out with their friends).  What do you say in those 5 seconds?  This is presuming that everyones in a good mood and we're not pissing them off - I don't want any "I'd say nothing because it's an invasion of privacy" shit - it's only a game  :P

It's basically: what is the essence of what you would like to say to any member of this band that we spend such a significant part of our lives listening to/thinking about/writing about etc.

To get us started:

To Rob: Sometimes I'll listen to 5-6 STP songs back to back and then realise that I've listened to JUST the bass in all of them - That's how fucking awesome your bass lines are.

To Eric: The fans know that it was your fault that the tours have been cancelled in the past - you really should get some help with that anger management issue of yours.

To Dean: I want to lick your fingers (Ok, this one may be difficult to say  ::) )

To Scott: You are a legend in my lifetime and you should be very proud of everything you've accomplished.
or
To Scott: How about a quickie in the toilets?
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
Re: 5 seconds with the band..?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 05:43:40 PM »
This was actually inspired by my 30 seconds with Jerry Cantrell story, where I...ermm..cried about missing Layne Staley  ::)
As you can see I'm not too good at the first few moments with my idols... :o

emerick55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 06:05:06 PM »
Wow you are more obsessed with the band than I am  ;) !!  This is actually something I wouldn't want to script out before it happened, kinda like trying to figure out what you want to say to a girl you really like before you ask them out... it just makes you more nervous if you think about this kind of stuff.  So, in my case I would rather just wing it and whatever came to mind first is what gets said, for better or for worse.  But just because we are being hypothetical I would probably ask them about the drink they were ordering as an ice breaker and then move on to something that was somewhat STP related, but not try to sound like a completely obsessed fan because I am sure there is nothing more alienating to them than fans who think they know their life stories.

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 06:23:51 PM »
Even more than being hypothetical, this is actually symbolic.  I wouldn't actually "say" these things obviously - I'm sure I could be much cooler!  But symbolically speaking, these things are my thoughts about them all.

I'm not THAT obsessed, I'd jst like to have a beer with these guys who I respect so much  ;)

Hey just thought it would be fun.. ::)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 11:34:01 PM »
Handshakes all around! Nah I better introduce myself I've given handshakes before. Plus a hug from Dean. One time I mouthed "I love you" to him and he mouthed it back. Mouthed sounds wrong, kind of. It's like talking but the words aren't coming out. YOU SICKO.
Bleeda blooda

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 08:03:58 PM »
Handshakes all around! Nah I better introduce myself I've given handshakes before. Plus a hug from Dean. One time I mouthed "I love you" to him and he mouthed it back. Mouthed sounds wrong, kind of. It's like talking but the words aren't coming out. YOU SICKO.

That must've confused the fell out of a lot of people.

To play the game - I'd be too scared to do this in real life.

Rob - I wish I could play bass but my life is too busy at the moment 8(

Eric - How's my favourite little drummer boy today?

Dean - Oh sorry, I thought it was laurence Llewellyn - Bowen for a minute, I was about to run until I seen it was you!

Scott - (aylin somehow I'd think you like your second option) The look on my face would speak volumes LOL
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 09:52:04 PM »
Damn right I like my second option!  A girl has to ask...

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 10:01:56 PM »
Rob: you are the coolest onstage bass player ever! btw, why you guys didnt come to Venezuela on the South America tour?

Dean: i wish i could someday, be half as talented as you on guitar. btw, why you guys didnt come to Venezuela on the South America tour?

Eric: Can i touch your arms and hair? NO NO, please, dont freak out. :P btw, why you guys didnt come to Venezuela on the South America tour?

Scott: *After a hug* You are an inspiration to my whole life. I wouldnt be who i am without your lyrics and voice, always remember the love of the fans and how we all support you from all over the world! ... (and of course) btw, why you guys didnt come to Venezuela on the South America tour?
Seems like you left me when you broke down

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 10:09:16 PM »
Haha if anyone else sees them, we'll also ask the tour question for you - strength in numbers  ;)

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 10:09:58 PM »
To any members of the band: "I just wanted to let you know that you are responsible for me being absolutely obsessed with music and I will forever love your band and always support you guys no matter what. Thank you for all that you have done and please don't stop doing it!"
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 12:29:11 AM »
I would not be able to speak - absolutely not.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 01:29:10 AM »
Uh... don't know if I would have much to say. Given MY track record. I would ask some stupid question & they would just give a blank look at me, smile politely. And then walk away.

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 09:05:15 AM »
I would bitch about Samba Nova/About a Fool not making it on SLDD.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 11:17:17 AM »
Scott:  Will we ever see the SLDD documentary?

Dean:  Will we ever see the SLDD documentary?

Robert:  Will we ever see the SLDD documentary?

Eric:  Will we ever see the SLDD documentary?

Scruffy:  Will we ever see the SLDD documentary?

Or the Cinnamon music video......

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 12:04:28 PM »
When SLDD came out, the band was signing copies here in NYC.  I was there, and barley had 5sec to go down the signature production line.  It was a mad house.  I thanked them for all their great music, and told em to keep it coming.  (Oddly enough, they didn't... up until recently.)

But if it were a real scenario, and I wasn't rushed, or overwhelmed by being face to face with the band... I'd:

-Plead for them to keep making music since there is such a shortage of greatness these days.

-Ask them to release all the shit they have locked away... (B-Sides, DVD's, Live shows, etc...)

-Plead for them to go back to their older ways.... (More experimental songs, acoustic songs/sets, diversified playlists, covers, Scott coming out in crazy outfits, etc...)
"Hey there... how's your steak?"