September 29, 2024, 10:30:02 PM

Author Topic: Below Empty's Favorite STP Songs By Letter: "M"  (Read 9282 times)

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
Re: Below Empty's Favorite STP Songs By Letter: "M"
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 10:50:00 PM »
I thought it was "message" also.

And I think "Church on Tuesday" may be my favorite song to have never been played live...as a matter of fact, if I ever get a hold of that MEGAPHONE again....
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 11:18:43 PM »
i dont think it would be as bead if it was mixed better
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 02:56:08 AM »
I never understood why people hate on Pruno??  It has that classic STP style to it..starting off slow/soft and then a roaring/crashing chorus... "One two three I got another, got another".  I could see Scott going nuts performing Pruno live back in 99 or 2000.  DON"T YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN BOOOYYS!!

*Sigh*

The song is a hot mess. There is nothing remotely memorable about it. No trademark Deleo solo. No good hooks. Nothing.

The lyrics are atrocious. For YEARS I thought he said 'I got a message' instead of 'I got a method.' It's kind of annoying too actually. I find it odd because you can usually understand Scott when he sings too.

As insane as this might sound, it took me YEARS to get into Church on Tuesday because it followed Pruno. I still think to this day that those two tracks back-to-back are the WEAKEST of STP's entire catalog.

There. I am anti-Pruno.
He does say "message" though...

Yeah, he does say message.  Doesn't he??  Now I'm thinking I've been hearing it wrong for years too...

My bad. I had it flip-flopped I think. See what I mean though!
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 03:27:18 AM »
I never understood why people hate on Pruno??  It has that classic STP style to it..starting off slow/soft and then a roaring/crashing chorus... "One two three I got another, got another".  I could see Scott going nuts performing Pruno live back in 99 or 2000.  DON"T YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN BOOOYYS!!

*Sigh* :-[

The song is a hot mess. There is nothing remotely memorable about it. No trademark Deleo solo. No good hooks. Nothing.

The lyrics are atrocious. For YEARS I thought he said 'I got a message' instead of 'I got a method.' It's kind of annoying too actually. I find it odd because you can usually understand Scott when he sings too.

As insane as this might sound, it took me YEARS to get into Church on Tuesday because it followed Pruno. I still think to this day that  :'(those two tracks back-to-back are the WEAKEST of STP's entire catalog.

There. I am anti-Pruno.

Yeah, he does say message.  Doesn't he??  Now I'm thinking I've been hearing it wrong for years too...

And you say im way off when im against something? method?? Really??

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 12:33:47 AM »
i dont think it would be as bead if it was mixed better

Yeah, they should have done it in Dobly.   ;)

Only kidding.   :)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2011, 04:09:01 AM »

*Sigh* :-[

As insane as this might sound, it took me YEARS to get into Church on Tuesday because it followed Pruno. I still think to this day that  :'(those two tracks back-to-back are the WEAKEST of STP's entire catalog.

There. I am anti-Pruno.

And you say im way off when im against something? method?? Really??

The lyrics are bad in general, and I cited that specifically. I have other reasons as well, if you bothered to read them.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Unglued

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2011, 03:42:47 PM »
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! I missed this one.  For the record I would have went with Meatplow.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2011, 04:02:56 PM »
ready for the next one!!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2011, 04:18:54 PM »
ready for the next one!!
i was just about to say this.  i dislike the layoff between votes