October 04, 2024, 03:23:28 PM

Author Topic: style + venom.  (Read 7976 times)

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: style + venom.
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 07:17:20 AM »
I've seen them live from 96' all the way to last year... and I won't even count the endless videos and DVDs of live gigs.

BUT... the 2004 Rolling Rock Town Fair 2.0 was the greatest STP show I've been to.  At this point they had a huge library of songs, years of experience, and freedom to do whatever they wanted, and it showed!  Even thought it was a festival, they played a nice long set, with a small acoustic set in the middle.  They really should bring that back, it made their shows so much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcSqfXO4CZE

*I suffered for this show too.  Camped out over night until gates opened... stood in front right along the fence for 8  hours in the sun all day waiting for STP, got a severe sunburn, and was covered in mud.  But it was well worth it!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 07:24:50 AM by STEAK »
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
Re: style + venom.
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 01:55:32 AM »
*I suffered for this show too.  Camped out over night until gates opened... stood in front right along the fence for 8  hours in the sun all day waiting for STP, got a severe sunburn, and was covered in mud.  But it was well worth it!"

True fan right here. Props to you man!
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94