September 29, 2024, 12:16:07 AM

Author Topic: VR and singer 'Dating'....  (Read 19497 times)

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
Re: VR and singer 'Dating'....
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2011, 02:19:40 PM »
RIP Velvet Revolver...
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2011, 02:33:14 PM »
I was listening to contrabnd this morning...man, they will never sound like that again...kinda depressing
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2011, 09:38:20 PM »
If Corey is indeed the new singer, we're gonna get a metal VR album, and I'll hate that.
Slash has already said they want to sound heavier :(
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2011, 02:18:34 AM »
Hey guys! recent interview with Duff! CHECK IT OUT :) http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-duff-mckagan-on-his-new-album-and-why-guns-n-roses-wont-reunite-20110310

What is the status of Velvet Revolver, and the singer search?

"There is no status. I was just in the U.K., so I'm painfully aware of Corey Taylor - I was asked about one thousand times about it [Slipknot's singer was recently rumored to have tried out]. There is no status - Slash has been on tour, I'm starting a tour. We played with some really good guys, and I do think Corey Taylor is probably the brightest dude that has been in front of a mic for a long time. But saying all that, no, there is no Velvet Revolver singer."
Seems like you left me when you broke down

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2011, 02:25:46 AM »
Im so fucking glad Corey is NOT the singer.

Im one of the few out there that still care about VR.. i dont want to see "anyone" filling Scott shoes... so, i know Corey was pretty good, but not the right  :)

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2011, 02:39:00 AM »
i love VR so much but i think its stupid to try to replace scott, its just not VR without him. they should just do their solo/side shit instead, i would take seeing duff with loaded or slash solo over seeing VR with a new singer any day
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2011, 06:57:02 AM »
And again the reason why I ONLY take Duff as a reliable source.

i love VR so much but i think its stupid to try to replace scott, its just not VR without him. they should just do their solo/side shit instead, i would take seeing duff with loaded or slash solo over seeing VR with a new singer any day
+1 though I'd like to know a bit more of Dave sometimes

AFH

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stonedatpompeii/
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2011, 07:16:35 AM »
And again the reason why I ONLY take Duff as a reliable source.

+1 though I'd like to know a bit more of Dave sometimes

Dave usually works with Dave Navarro....  by the way Dave Navarro should make another solo album with Kushner, the first one is pretty good!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 07:18:27 AM by AFH »

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2011, 09:19:20 PM »
i'm almost hesitant to post this, because its so old/annoying by now, but for anyone who thought VR was dating Corey Taylor, it seems as if they never were, or are now officially broken up...says slash:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/slash_says_corey_taylor_didnt_fit_right_for_velvet_revolver.html

When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2011, 01:04:53 AM »
i'm almost hesitant to post this, because its so old/annoying by now, but for anyone who thought VR was dating Corey Taylor, it seems as if they never were, or are now officially broken up...says slash:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/slash_says_corey_taylor_didnt_fit_right_for_velvet_revolver.html

The video of the interview here http://apagalatele.fmrockandpop.com/2011/04/12/entrevista-a-slashito/

After this interview Slash met with me for about... dunno 20 secs? haha (we were a line of probably 100 people) I handed him Contraband and Libertad, and let him choose which one to sign (only one sign allowed...bummer :P )
I thought he would grab either of them but he actually took the time to decide... it was just sweet seeing him hesitate, he picked Libertad :D

Sorry for the brag, but you don't meet Slash every day.

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2011, 04:37:09 AM »
Slash stated he was going to start work on a new solo album soon, Duff is about to tour with Loaded on the legs of his new record and Matt & Dave are, well, not sure what they are doing... but it appears they are all indecisive to get VR back together.
adhesive love

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2011, 09:47:21 AM »
am I the only one who smiles everytime I see the word "dating" used in this context? :)
I had the midwife naked and alone

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2011, 01:52:21 AM »
When Slash keeps talking about nobody 'fitting' as the singer for VR it makes me realise even more how amazing Scott was and how much he shaped the sound of the band, even though Slash & Co. kept saying that they weren't happy with the direction Scott made them go. 
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2011, 04:21:18 AM »
I agree with Aylin. If after all this time they havent found a singer that "fits them" yet, its because they want to do it THEIR OWN WAY and no with a singer like Scott, that took the music of VR to a whole different level and direction...

Scott is experimental. I guess the guys from VR are not. Or at least not that much!