September 28, 2024, 10:33:41 PM

Author Topic: VR and singer 'Dating'....  (Read 19493 times)

AFH

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stonedatpompeii/
Re: VR and singer 'Dating'....
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2011, 08:41:41 PM »
im afraid this will be the downfall of vr.

THIS would be the downfall???
Their downfall happened 2 years ago. The horse has been dead...but everyone keeps beating the poor beast

I totally agree

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2011, 09:28:54 PM »

Their downfall happened 2 years ago. The horse has been dead...but everyone keeps beating the poor beast

More like 3 years ago, actually. I don't think they ever managed to pick themselves back up after Scott left.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2011, 09:31:05 PM »
well I was giving them the benefit of the doubt figuring that they would of actively looked for a replacement right after Scott took a hike or just said "We're done"  ;)
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2011, 09:33:36 PM »
Why cant they just say "YEEEES we are taking Corey Taylor" OR... "VR IS DONE"

This the chinese democracy for looking for a new singer
Seems like you left me when you broke down

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2011, 09:39:20 PM »
I don't think any of them have enough heart in it to actually decide on a singer. If they were actually serious about finding a replacement they would have done it by now, and if they were serious about it Myles Kennedy would probably have toured with VR instead of with Slash's solo band.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2011, 02:36:21 AM »
I don't think any of them have enough heart in it to actually decide on a singer. If they were actually serious about finding a replacement they would have done it by now, and if they were serious about it Myles Kennedy would probably have toured with VR instead of with Slash's solo band.
I agree.  From everything Slash has said and everything the band members apart from Matt have been doing, it looks as though VR is not really a priority at the moment.
And I don't think it should be, because whoever they get as a singer it's going to be a completely different VR - it's going to be like starting a whole new band with all the risks that that entails...
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2011, 03:45:05 AM »
Back in the day, VR needed a frontman. They listened to demos, had auditions, and nothing came out of it. However, there was one guy they all thought about, dreamed about... Hell, you can check all the interviews and shit, it was apparent that all 4 other members of "The Project" WANTED Mr. Scott Weiland as their frontman. Fast forward to today. The remaining 4 VR members (who all knew they WANTED Scott) seem to be on the fence with Corey... Doesn't that seem like a problem to anyone? That they all are not even sold on him? After all this time??
adhesive love

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2011, 06:53:10 AM »

absolutely not. with or without scott they are a talented band, scott just took them to the next level. with a solid rock and roll frontman they would be similar to the band we once loved. they HAD hope...

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2011, 05:54:27 PM »
I don't see people still clamoring for Audioslave or the Traveling Wilbury's to return to their former glory (OK OK I know Harrison & Orbison are dead  ;)  ). A "Supergroup" is meant to push out 2 CD's, play a bunch of shows, rake in the $$$ and be done. They're never built to last....
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2011, 05:59:27 PM »
I don't see people still clamoring for Audioslave or the Traveling Wilbury's to return to their former glory (OK OK I know Harrison & Orbison are dead  ;)  ). A "Supergroup" is meant to push out 2 CD's, play a bunch of shows, rake in the $$$ and be done. They're never built to last....

OMG, thank you.  I don't understand why anyone is even talking about this anymore. 

How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2011, 06:36:55 PM »
^ Ha! That horse there is dead!  ;D

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2011, 10:49:23 PM »
Corey Taylor is probably the new singer. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/corey_taylor_i_dont_see_a_new_slipknot_album_happening.html

Speaking to Undercover.com.au about the possibility of new Slipknot material, Taylor said: "I don't see it happening. And if it does, it'll be way way down the line."

Taylor also refused to confirmed or deny reports that he is the new singer of Velvet Revolver. Responding to a question about whether he would be joining the band he said: "To be continued. That's all I can say right now."
Bleeda blooda

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Grab the hate and drown it out
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2011, 12:39:55 AM »
I really could give a fuck about Velvet Revolver now, they need to announce something one way or the other.
MM 3/10/09 STP 10/6/09 EC 6/19/10 SP7/16/10
STP 10/19/10 3EB 5/11/11 B182 8/12/11
Godsmack 8/16/11 Incubus 9/17/11
Foo's 11/8/11 Bush 12/2/11 JA 3/10/12 Bush 8/1/12
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2011, 04:30:34 AM »
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Shannon

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • I knew the questions but I lost the answers...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2011, 05:49:08 AM »
"Duff added, "[Corey's] the brightest and best singer of a generation and I think he's killer. But I don't think VELVET REVOLVER is… There's not much urgency there to do much of anything right now, so… one day, hopefully. And I think [VELVET REVOLVER guitarist] Slash is probably gonna go make another [solo] record [next], so that's cool. That's what it is."
"

So it looks like Matt is putting the spin on everything. Duff is a more unbiased source in my eyes, especially after the breakup, considering how he kept his composure more than any of the others. Full interview is here

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=154948
Favorite STP songs at the moment: Hazey Daze, Fast as I Can, I Got You, Pruno