September 28, 2024, 10:37:55 PM

Author Topic: VR and singer 'Dating'....  (Read 19494 times)

Jmandeville18

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
VR and singer 'Dating'....
« on: December 21, 2010, 01:37:13 PM »
http://www.spinner.com/2010/12/20/velvet-revolver-new-singer/

Nothing too new. Kinda the same names floating around but it seems like theyre a little closer... Like always...

Hard to believe it would be Myles Kennedy still, it seems like Alterbridge's new album could be a decent hit, but it would be cool to see him in the band after the way he sang in Slash's solo tour.

bigemptysg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: VR and singer 'Dating'....
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 02:14:53 PM »
Same old song and dance!

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 04:54:14 PM »
is there a yawn smilie?

For the possible 10 people out there that still care...
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 04:56:37 PM »
They just like keeping that VR name out there .. how bout the drummer as the singer, wasnt he doing that towards the end of VR anyways
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 06:56:10 PM »
is there a yawn smilie?

Here, love!

Hee hee
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 08:21:09 PM »
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 09:40:30 PM »
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=151192&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%25253A+blabbermouth+%252528Blabbermouth.net%252527s+Daily+Headlines%252529&utm_content=Twitter

Pretty much the same article but sounds more promising

Notice the little jab in this article--the new singer is "younger and stronger."  Why not just say he's young and strong?  No, he's "youngER and strongER"--as in, "younger and stronger than Scott."

Well, good luck to them.
I am
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 10:20:07 PM »
younger than all of em.. they are all getting up there lol =)
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

PoohSTP

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 11:34:53 PM »
Better have some BIG feet.....Cause hes got some BIG shoes to fill!!

As said before, Good luck to them.
Pleased to meet you! Nice to know me!

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 09:58:27 AM »
http://www.billboard.com/news/velvet-revolver-courting-new-mystery-singer-1004135135.story?tag=hpfeed#/news/velvet-revolver-courting-new-mystery-singer-1004135135.story?tag=hpfeed

Even as it rolls out a new concert DVD from its original incarnation, Velvet Revolver is in the "dating" stages with a new singer whose identity is still being kept under wraps but who the group is "very excited" about, according to drummer Matt Sorum.

"The guy we're liking now is a young guy, a very strong guy... a little bit heavier rock 'n' roll than we are," Sorum tells Billboard.com. He says the prospective frontman has been in other known bands before. "He's a guy we've had our eye on, but the timing wasn't right. We don't like stealing people or any of that shit. [Scott] Weiland was available. He was out of Stone Temple Pilots. It wasn't like we went and said, 'Hey, dude...' He came to us, basically, like, 'Hey, I'm out of my band. I've got time. Let's do this.' And it's a similar situation with this particular individual."

Sorum says he, guitarists Slash and Dave Kushner and bassist Duff McKagan came back together in October and also worked together with the singer earlier this month. Velvet Revolver is planning to hit Sorum's Hollywood studio again in January to start recording songs it's been working up.

"[Writing] is a lot of the way we've been trying out singers," Sorum explains, "and a lot of the reason we've had trouble trying to pick a guy, because we really need to hear that truth. We can't just jump out there with any singer. We've got to make the right decision...a guy who can front a rock band of this caliber and be a strong enough frontman to go out in front of Slash and be that guy. We need to hear that vocal, that lyric, that melody. It's not an easy thing."

Nevertheless, Sorum says the band is impressed that the frontman candidate "has a work ethic similar to ours" and also brings a "modern" edge to the group. "I've always stressed to the band that we need to be current," Sorum notes. "I don't want to go out there and make retro rock 'n' roll music. We have to take in the environment and parlay that into a rock 'n' roll outlet."

Velvet Revolver's timetable is somewhat up-in-the-air. Slash plans to be on the road promoting his solo album into the summer, including a stint opening for Ozzy Osbourne. Sorum, meanwhile, is producing a new album for the Runaways' Cherie Currie that includes contributions by Slash, McKagan and Smashing Pumpkins' Billy Corgan. Still, he hopes the band will be able to announce its singer soon and be out and active "at least by fall" of 2011.

Meanwhile, fans can tuck into the new "Live From Houston" DVD, which dates back to the group's first tour in 2005. The release showcases material from its Grammy Award-winning debut album, "Contraband," as well as Guns N' Roses "It's So Easy" and "Used to Love Her" and Stone Temple Pilots' "Sex Type Thing" and "Crackerman."

"It's a good representation of that band," Sorum says, "when we were just starting out and firing on all cylinders and we were all in good mental and physical health. Everybody was fairly drug-free and excited about playing music, and it really comes across in the video. You can see the makings of something that could have possibly gone further and even greater. But we can look at it as that time, and now we're gonna move forward."
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 10:25:35 AM »
I bet it's the singer from Avenged Sevenfold. They were talking about maybe not being a band anymore after the album they just released, and they just let go of Mike Portnoy, their stand-in drummer.

We should brainstorm some bands that broke up recently or soemthing.
Bleeda blooda

darioT79

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 11:33:47 AM »
Avenged Sevenfold are apperently not going to break up with singer!
Matt Says the guy comes from a band a little heavier then VR style... He has just left his band(s), or is going to do soon... The new singer is younger than others VR members...

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 03:25:31 PM »
just for the record, im placing my money on corey taylor... feel free to follow my lead.

darioT79

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 03:44:37 PM »
According to the latest statements, i bet on Taylor too.