September 20, 2024, 12:47:23 AM

Author Topic: Hollywood Bitch  (Read 13290 times)

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Hollywood Bitch
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2011, 01:47:58 AM »

+1
There's always something that has puzzled me, with as money motivated as STP is you'd think they would have put out another Core or Purple like albums by now.
It would put alot more asses in the arenas and alot more cash in their pockets.
That's all they care about, yet they haven't done this.
Too bad they would rather be loved by the critics than their fans.

I think they tried w/ self titled but it just isn't that good.  I was listening to Big Empty the other day and that song is just haunting/beautiful.  Great, great song.  Just feels like they're a bit lazy or just don't have that ambition any more. 

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2011, 03:57:20 AM »
I will never completely understand why someone would buy a record just for a single...
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2011, 05:39:20 AM »

I think they tried w/ self titled but it just isn't that good.  I was listening to Big Empty the other day and that song is just haunting/beautiful.  Great, great song.  Just feels like they're a bit lazy or just don't have that ambition any more. 

I think it has some really good vocal moments in there and I think some better instrumental pieces than other albums.  I think it's a great listen overall, but despite that I do feel it's just missing something.  I wouldn't contribute it to lazyness or ambition as much as I would that they recorded it straight off the reunion tour.  A tour which acknowledged came about more for business than it did for pleasure.  They were relearning each other (personalities and sounds) and trying to find & reshape that identity.  In the last couple of tours, I feel like I've picked up on a cohesiveness between them.  They've really appeared to have been having much more fun lately, together on stage (or maybe they just deserve Academy Awards).  If they give it another go, I feel the next album will be more a group creation....wouldn't hurt if they worked together a little more during the process instead of the whole band does instrumentals & Scott finishes it off in private studio, either.

Overall I think from many reactions on this board alone, if you've been to a show on any of the past 3 or 4 tours, you can't help but be excited for any new music this band puts out with this newfound identity (again, unless they're in running for an Oscar).
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

Adhesive12

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »
Brendan O'Brien was a key ingredient and "5th member" who needs to come back to the fold for the next record.  If the last one is lacking in some way, which I agree it is, altho hard to say how exactly, it's because of his absence.  Why was he not on the last album anyway? Was there a falling out of some kind, or did the Deleos just want to try production themselves?
Jerry Jeff riding high on the radio / I wanna know why you had to go...

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2011, 11:03:19 PM »
Brendan O'Brien was a key ingredient and "5th member" who needs to come back to the fold for the next record.  If the last one is lacking in some way, which I agree it is, altho hard to say how exactly, it's because of his absence.  Why was he not on the last album anyway? Was there a falling out of some kind, or did the Deleos just want to try production themselves?

Brendan done a beautiful and almost perfect job with the band...hell yeah, he is like the 5th member of STP.

But we know the boys, they are always trying to reinvent themselves... so i think that what they did with the self titled, was really good and...of course, different.

I consider it would be great to have Brendan AND the boys doing the whole recording/mixing/production together.

Then we would have the greatest album STP have ever done. :)
Seems like you left me when you broke down

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2011, 02:03:02 AM »
is there not a music video for hollywood bitch? if there isn't then why not?

This may be what you are thinking of.  ???  This is almost like a music video.  I know I love to watch it!   ;)

http://vimeo.com/10679516 

Never seen this before... Thanks!
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

Sinnamon Toast

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2011, 02:54:07 AM »
is there not a music video for hollywood bitch? if there isn't then why not?

This may be what you are thinking of.  ???  This is almost like a music video.  I know I love to watch it!   ;)

http://vimeo.com/10679516 

Never seen this before... Thanks!

You are so welcome!   ;)
Are you good and lubed up?

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2011, 04:47:15 PM »
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Sinnamon Toast

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2011, 07:14:48 PM »
Karaoke style ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o47sIvuNa0

Now that is fuckin' hilarious!  I actually tried to sing along and though it wasn't a total disaster, I must admit I sounded a tad "pitchy."    :'(   

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2011, 05:35:30 AM »
The guy singing Scott's voice made me laugh

EDIT: Wow that was a lot of typos ( Damn cell phone )
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 06:09:28 AM by stpunderground »
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2011, 10:19:59 PM »
Karaoke style ...

Now that is fuckin' hilarious!  I actually tried to sing along and though it wasn't a total disaster, I must admit I sounded a tad "pitchy."    :'(   

Don't feel bad.
Some people make a living singing bad karoke.
Like Scott Stapp.

Sinnamon Toast

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2011, 10:32:49 PM »
Karaoke style ...

Don't feel bad.
Some people make a living singing bad karoke.
Like Scott Stapp.

hahah!  Thanks for putting it in perspective.   :)