September 19, 2024, 07:38:28 PM

Author Topic: 2011-03-23 - Brisbane, Queensland - Riverstage  (Read 4923 times)

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

Pruno

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: 2011-03-23 - Brisbane, Queensland - Riverstage
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 03:51:31 PM »
I was in Brisbane for 2 weeks back in March of last year.  Would be awesome to see them there.  It's a cool city that has a lot to do around the river that winds thru the city.   Hopefully they've cleared up the massive flood damage.

Pruno

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 03:57:24 PM »
Also, I remember seeing the amphitheatre they are going to play...   It's badass and right in the Botanical Gardens by the river.  The most beautiful park/botanical gardens I've ever seen.

thetravellingcueball

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 08:07:39 AM »
Does anyone know what time gates open and when Grinspoon and STP step on stage? I'm not actually from Brisbane so I kinda need to account for travel times between work and the show. I actually missed the Perth show because of this work trip so I'm stoked that I'm able to see the guys here in Brisbane - my last viewing was back in August 2010 in Detroit.

Aussie Crackerman

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • Scene Magazine
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 11:13:20 AM »
Hey guys

I'm a Brisbane local. Gates open 5.30pm I think. Not exactly sure when Grinspoon are on stage though. I'm assuming they may be on about 7pm and STP probably on about 8.30pm... That sounds about right....?

Sooo excited for this. I have been a fan since '92. Saw Velvet Revolver on thier first and only Australian tour. Even got to speak to Scott after the show. He posed for photos and was a complete gentleman.

Cannot wait!!!!!  ;D

And yes, Riverstage is an amazing outdoor venue to see the best band on earth!
Blow up the bitch with the fire-cracker smile, switch blade in her suitcase, loves to drive 'em wild!

thetravellingcueball

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 11:18:09 AM »

Gates open 5.30pm I think. Not exactly sure when Grinspoon are on stage though. I'm assuming they may be on about 7pm and STP probably on about 8.30pm... That sounds about right....?

Cheers for the info .. looks like I have enough time to leave the office, change and grab a quick feed.

Aussie Crackerman

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • Scene Magazine
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 11:36:18 AM »
Gates open 5.30pm I think. Not exactly sure when Grinspoon are on stage though. I'm assuming they may be on about 7pm and STP probably on about 8.30pm... That sounds about right....?

Cheers for the info .. looks like I have enough time to leave the office, change and grab a quick feed.

Yeah, plenty of time. Add a few beers to that list of things to do before the show  :) . The Victory Hotel has cheap drinks and close by to the Riverstage.
Blow up the bitch with the fire-cracker smile, switch blade in her suitcase, loves to drive 'em wild!

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 07:23:57 PM »
Sooo excited for this. I have been a fan since '92. Saw Velvet Revolver on thier first and only Australian tour. Even got to speak to Scott after the show. He posed for photos and was a complete gentleman.
Lucky bastard! ;) ;D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 07:37:47 AM »
Try giving us a review if you all can  :D
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 12:22:07 AM »
Cool review! 
Hahaha I can just picture Rob doing this:

"Though their showmanship does approach self-parody after ninety minutes –   bassist Robert DeLeo’s simultaneous neck-bob, near-vertical guitar and   side-strafe move is just plain hilarious – it’s still totally refreshing   to watch a band who aren’t afraid to enjoy themselves"

And just look at the sweetness!!! :

So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 03:36:03 AM »
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/entertainment/music/stone-temple-pilots-20110324-1c7dm.html

I agree with the writer, Hickory Dichotomy is a real crowd-pleaser.  It should be their fouth single.   :'(
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 07:35:31 PM »

I agree with the writer, Hickory Dichotomy is a real crowd-pleaser.  It should be their fouth single.   :'(

What, you mean there was a second and third single? Could have fooled me  :o