September 28, 2024, 04:12:01 AM

Author Topic: Grammy nomination  (Read 15283 times)

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Grammy nomination
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 06:30:58 PM »
That is great news. Whether or not they win, it is still an honor and it gives the band some mainstream credibility.  Too bad it is just for performance though, and not the actual album.  Seems like kind of a BS category, since some of the contestants like AIC and TVC are from 2009.   And this doesn't mean I will be watching the Grammys   ;D

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 06:57:13 PM »
i think they have a great chance at winning... BTL was number 1 for 7 weeks... none of those other songs can say the same

Silvergun92

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 09:52:41 PM »
TCV! TCV! TCV!!!!! Them Crooked Vultures deserve to win. I hope they get it.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 10:12:01 PM »

Lol they deserve to win for a song that came out in 2009? It wasn't even released as a single this year.

Seems like the Grammy people are just fishing for "hard rock" songs.  I guess Between The Lines is "harder" than 9/10s of the stuff they play on the radio, but still....
Bleeda blooda

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 02:52:50 AM »

Lol they deserve to win for a song that came out in 2009? It wasn't even released as a single this year.

The eligibility period for the 2011 Grammy Awards is September 1, 2009 to September 30, 2010.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 05:48:56 PM »
"BTL" is the best tune on that list .. I dont get why "Looking In View" , which is a very avg tune, has been nominated and not "Check My Brain" which is much better tune
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 06:44:51 PM »
Trust me guys, STP is getting the grammy! :D
Seems like you left me when you broke down

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 07:35:27 PM »
Well since you said trust me...

Seriously though that is some stiff competition.  I'd prefer to see STP get it, but I also think TCV will

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 09:59:03 PM »
"BTL" is the best tune on that list .. I dont get why "Looking In View" , which is a very avg tune, has been nominated and not "Check My Brain" which is much better tune

I prefer LIV. Such a bad ass introduction. However, CMB definitely has a trademark AIC sound too it
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 10:19:04 PM »

I prefer LIV. Such a bad ass introduction. However, CMB definitely has a trademark AIC sound too it

I happen to like Lesson Learned the most from the new album. I find a Looking in View to be just a tad long.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2010, 12:39:36 AM »
Check my Brain was nominated last year.
Single song Grammy nominations are based on 2 things-Sales (to get you on the ballot) and release date. It doesn't matter when it was recorded or album released. A single can be released 2 years after the album release.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

LaLaGrunge

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • And So I Know
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2010, 12:00:32 AM »
I think "Between the Lines" has a good shot at winning. The song was #1 on the Billboard Rock charts for seven weeks and also placed at #1 on the friggin Alternative charts.

The grammys have been a popularity contest for 10-15 years now. STP had the most successful single out of all of those other choices. As much as I dislike the grammys' schtick of the past decade with popularity, I think they will give it to STP.

Alter Bridge: 10/20/07
Live: 3/15/08
STP: 5/18/08, 5/31/08/Scott Weiland: 1/24/09
Metallica: 1/17/09
The Smithereens: 1/14/14/Sugar Ray-Better Than Ezra-Eve 6: 8/21/15

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2010, 04:59:27 AM »
Let's look this over before counting STP dead and bloated. First that Alice track isn't that great especially compared to Check My Brain and Your Decision. If YD was nominated, that would win, hands down, even though it's not quote unquote Hard Rock. The only thing that helps Alice is that they never won before. So they might be due. Ozzy's song is cool, but cheesy. At least the lyrics are. He's also a little outdated. As for SG, I love them and all, but that song blows. As for TCV, it's more of a sexy pick, so I see them winning if anything. Don't count STP out. BTL is actually really catching, it's a strong track overall and it was a number one for a decent amount of time. I can see any of them win.
adhesive love

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2010, 04:32:59 PM »

I happen to like Lesson Learned the most from the new album. I find a Looking in View to be just a tad long.

Yeah, it is a little lengthy in terms of a single track I suppose.

I think it'll come down between STP and TCV, as most seem to be thinking. The Ozzy track is a little cheesy, I agree. Musically it's solid, but lyrically, cheesy. I'm not a huge fan of his new album. It's alright, but I think it's obvious that his best days have been long behind him.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2010, 05:58:26 PM »

Yeah, it is a little lengthy in terms of a single track I suppose.

I think it'll come down between STP and TCV, as most seem to be thinking. The Ozzy track is a little cheesy, I agree. Musically it's solid, but lyrically, cheesy. I'm not a huge fan of his new album. It's alright, but I think it's obvious that his best days have been long behind him.

I think as long as the DeLeo brothers are in session, gems will continue to come from STP. They said that this was a straightforward rock album, so I believe that they will really get the creative juices flowing on the upcoming album.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94