September 28, 2024, 12:23:10 AM

Author Topic: Grammy nomination  (Read 15266 times)

solweiland

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fotolog.com/kiddo_nirvana
Re: Grammy nomination
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2011, 06:01:32 AM »
Did they went to the grammys?i didn't watch it.Im searching on youtube and nothing.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2011, 01:57:34 PM »
Did they went to the grammys?i didn't watch it.Im searching on youtube and nothing.
nope =(
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2011, 03:00:03 PM »
  Two drummers used in the right way with one doing the highs and the other doing the low runs is like an octopus playing drums which is very powerful. Bands have been doin that since the sixties like JeffersonAirplane, GratefulDead and Allman Bros. The Deads were the best with MickeyHart doing all this tribal stuff filling the gaps as Bill was an open handed not a crossover drummer total spaz. Unbelievable to hear when the entire band is playing all together. DaveMathews has an open handed drummer too named Carter Beauford who is unbelievable.
 Sorry to hijack the thread with drummer talk.
hawk.
ps. Haven't seen anything on youtube this morn about who or were they even there.

Unfortunately, judging from the grammys performances the 2nd (girl) drummer in Arcade Fire is a waste.  She isnt doing anything different from the main drummer.  She's only doing far less.  I'd be curious to hear/see what differences there are in a full live set, but considering Arcade Fire's type of music, I cant see a lot of need for two drummers. 

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2011, 03:15:10 PM »
  Two drummers used in the right way with one doing the highs and the other doing the low runs is like an octopus playing drums which is very powerful. Bands have been doin that since the sixties like JeffersonAirplane, GratefulDead and Allman Bros. The Deads were the best with MickeyHart doing all this tribal stuff filling the gaps as Bill was an open handed not a crossover drummer total spaz. Unbelievable to hear when the entire band is playing all together. DaveMathews has an open handed drummer too named Carter Beauford who is unbelievable.
hawk.
ps. Haven't seen anything on youtube this morn about who or were they even there.

Unfortunately, judging from the grammys performances the 2nd (girl) drummer in Arcade Fire is a waste.  She isnt doing anything different from the main drummer.  She's only doing far less.  I'd be curious to hear/see what differences there are in a full live set, but considering Arcade Fire's type of music, I cant see a lot of need for two drummers. 

I'll have to cut out an excerpt of a dead tune from the soundboard live of course and you can check it out with headphones(full effect). Those two drummers in action will blow you away.
hawk

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2011, 07:28:16 PM »
I still can't believe Bieber didn't win anything.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2011, 11:01:25 PM »
the person who won best new artist i had never heard of... how is that even voted on
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2011, 12:45:46 AM »
I completely forgot about Grammy and STP nomination.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2011, 06:41:19 PM »
I completely forgot about Grammy and STP nomination.
You didn't miss much :)
I think Scott probably forgot about it too...
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2011, 06:41:43 PM »
hawk.

I'll have to cut out an excerpt of a dead tune from the soundboard live of course and you can check it out with headphones(full effect). Those two drummers in action will blow you away.
hawk

I'd very much like to hear that. 

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2011, 07:34:35 PM »
 I'll see what chuck I can cut out of one of their live dvds. Gimmee a couple days.
hawk.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2011, 07:59:11 PM »
 Scroll down to track 18 put your headphones on click the track and you have to make it to 3:34min mark.

http://www.archive.org/details/gd1982-08-08.unk.barrick.333.sbefail.shnf

hawk.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2011, 06:20:09 PM »
Scroll down to track 18 put your headphones on click the track and you have to make it to 3:34min mark.

http://www.archive.org/details/gd1982-08-08.unk.barrick.333.sbefail.shnf

hawk.

AHHH I missed that you were talking about the dead.  Cool song. 

I'm not slamming the 2-drummer thing, it definitely adds to some bands, I just dont feel like it does much for Arcade Fire.  That said, I still like Arcade Fire.