September 20, 2024, 07:34:44 AM

Author Topic: Guitars Dean uses for certain songs?  (Read 4418 times)

stpfan31

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Guitars Dean uses for certain songs?
« on: December 01, 2010, 05:13:43 PM »
I know Dean has a few gibsons and some telecasters but what songs does he use them on? Im most interested on which songs he uses the teles. Anyone know  :(

AFH

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stonedatpompeii/
Re: Guitars Dean uses for certain songs?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 06:28:55 PM »
He uses the teles live on Hickory Dichotomy, Bagman, Cinnamon, Sex and Violence, Lounge Fly, he used a tele on Too Cool Queenie in the Shangri tour...
In studio he uses the Tele a lot more for overdubs or double tracks, for example in Interstate Love Song you can hear a Telecaster and his '57 Gibson TV Les Paul Special

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 07:14:46 PM »
He also has used a Tele for Still Remains since the No. 4 tour. And I'm pretty sure he used one for Dare if You Dare the few times they played that one live. He also played Seven Caged Tigers on his sunburst Tele last year when they were finally playing it electrically, I'm pretty sure he used the same guitar in the album version. In the self titled album, I believe you can hear a tele on First Kiss on Mars and in the overdubs for Maver, as well as several other songs from that album.

I've always particularly loved the tone he gets out of his sunburst Tele (the one he uses for Hicky D now) and I'm glad to see him use more Teles live.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

stpfan31

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 08:29:59 PM »
thanks alot guys, I'm picking up my new tele in a couple days and would love to recreate the tone he gets for songs  :) any idea of what pickups he's using? i've searched hi and low and haven't come up with anything  :-\

AFH

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stonedatpompeii/
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 09:19:30 PM »
He also has used a Tele for Still Remains since the No. 4 tour. And I'm pretty sure he used one for Dare if You Dare the few times they played that one live. He also played Seven Caged Tigers on his sunburst Tele last year when they were finally playing it electrically, I'm pretty sure he used the same guitar in the album version. In the self titled album, I believe you can hear a tele on First Kiss on Mars and in the overdubs for Maver, as well as several other songs from that album.

I've always particularly loved the tone he gets out of his sunburst Tele (the one he uses for Hicky D now) and I'm glad to see him use more Teles live.

Yeah man I forgot Stiil Remains and Seven Caged Tigers!!
I like teles a lot and I´m glad too to see Dean playing a lot of Teles, he used Teles too on tiny music and talk show

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 10:30:21 PM »
thanks alot guys, I'm picking up my new tele in a couple days and would love to recreate the tone he gets for songs  :) any idea of what pickups he's using? i've searched hi and low and haven't come up with anything  :-\

Dean just uses stock pickups on just about everything he plays, so a tele with basic single coils should to the trick.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

stpfan31

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 11:59:24 PM »
ok thanks alot i really appreciate it!

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 03:54:08 AM »
now im curious as to the les paul tracks