September 30, 2024, 12:24:14 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland Tampa Radio Show Interview  (Read 11198 times)

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland Tampa Radio Show Interview
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2011, 11:28:39 AM »
First time I've heard this interview.  As a long time fan that's both disgusted by the interviewer but also unnerved at Scott for the behavior, I can say that listening to it makes me want to puke.  The interview at 6:57 minutes is where it just really becomes that head shaker where you go "gah" and want to walk away from it.

I don't like the interviewer, but let's be honest... I mean... he's a radio host and how was he supposed to react? That was on Scott. 100%.

Damn.
I agree with you...
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Grab the hate and drown it out
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2011, 06:20:44 PM »
I will stick with my comment and say I love this interview. Weiland is just pure rock and roll and this interview does nothing but add to it. I still believe he was sober in this interview, that just seems to be the way he talks.
MM 3/10/09 STP 10/6/09 EC 6/19/10 SP7/16/10
STP 10/19/10 3EB 5/11/11 B182 8/12/11
Godsmack 8/16/11 Incubus 9/17/11
Foo's 11/8/11 Bush 12/2/11 JA 3/10/12 Bush 8/1/12
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2011, 07:01:36 PM »
I will stick with my comment and say I love this interview. Weiland is just pure rock and roll and this interview does nothing but add to it. I still believe he was sober in this interview, that just seems to be the way he talks.

Scott's not a good speaker, I will completely agree with you on that.
But anyone that thinks he's sober during this interview is seriously kidding themselves or just in total and complete denial.  I'm not Scott-bashing, but I'm also past the "Scott can do no wrong" line of thinking.  I absolutely love the man (and this band!) - faults and all.  I agree with previous posters that said it was painful - you never want to "see" someone you care about in such a sad position.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Grab the hate and drown it out
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2011, 07:04:44 PM »
I know what you are talking about when you refer to the people that think Scott can do no wrong, but I am not one of tjose people. Maybe I am just completely wrong, but I thought that was just him talking like he usually does.
MM 3/10/09 STP 10/6/09 EC 6/19/10 SP7/16/10
STP 10/19/10 3EB 5/11/11 B182 8/12/11
Godsmack 8/16/11 Incubus 9/17/11
Foo's 11/8/11 Bush 12/2/11 JA 3/10/12 Bush 8/1/12
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2011, 07:10:48 PM »
I know what you are talking about when you refer to the people that think Scott can do no wrong, but I am not one of tjose people. Maybe I am just completely wrong, but I thought that was just him talking like he usually does.

I didn't mean you personally, kiddo.  There's a lot of folks around here that absolutely refuse to believe that Scott has compromised his sobriety.  I guess their line of thinking is that "if you like someone you can't think/say anything negative about them."  My love for this band is unconditional; I'll take them any way I can get them. 

In the past ten years I've seen Scott all over the place - from stone-cold-sober to mind-numbingly-blitzed.  I've been to the wild cocaine shows and the booze-induced-haze ones, as well as the squeaky-clean performances.  Every day is give or take - just because he's sober today doesn't mean he will be tomorrow.  Nobody's perfect - not even Scooter (even though just by looking at his gorgeous face, you'd think he is ;) )

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2011, 07:18:27 PM »
Yeah it really bothers me that people write off Scott's broken speech pattern as "he's just shy" or "he's just not a good speaker". BS. That's what years of drugs and maybe current addiction are causing him to sound like. Check out these interviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyMdTMN_VkA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhZL-y1cHSs

Scott sounds pretty put together and sounds fine to me in those interviews. He used to speak more than coherently in the past. Something has definitely changed. Scott has aged 30 years in 10.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2011, 07:24:42 PM »
Something has definitely changed. Scott has aged 30 years in 10.

Something has changed.  Now, he's drunk.  :(

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2011, 07:57:20 PM »
Yeah it really bothers me that people write off Scott's broken speech pattern as "he's just shy" or "he's just not a good speaker". BS. That's what years of drugs and maybe current addiction are causing him to sound like. Check out these interviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyMdTMN_VkA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhZL-y1cHSs

Scott sounds pretty put together and sounds fine to me in those interviews. He used to speak more than coherently in the past. Something has definitely changed. Scott has aged 30 years in 10.

You're being lenient dude...try 3 years:

alive - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lofmanMdO9Y

dead - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58bI1lSBtjo&feature=related

it's not just in his voice it's his whole demeanor. Aging 30 years in 10 (3) is the perfect way of putting it. i do think he's in a slightly better place now. this tampa interview's from awhile ago and he's improved a lot since then lets hope he sticks to "sober" living
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2011, 09:19:31 PM »
You're being lenient dude...try 3 years:

alive - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lofmanMdO9Y

dead - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58bI1lSBtjo&feature=related

it's not just in his voice it's his whole demeanor. Aging 30 years in 10 (3) is the perfect way of putting it. i do think he's in a slightly better place now. this tampa interview's from awhile ago and he's improved a lot since then lets hope he sticks to "sober" living
I agree, it's more like 2-3 years.  That Twisted show is painful.  That scarf throw and the look on his face at the end just says it all!
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2011, 09:25:11 PM »
Am I the only one who has an inkling that he just acts like he's totally out of it.  I understand that he could very well be stoned during one of his bad interviews, but I think he just likes to add to his persona.  Seeing how coherent Scott has been very recently, I don't think his health is in jeporady.  Remember, he looks up to Jim Morrison.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2011, 10:30:48 PM »
Am I the only one who has an inkling that he just acts like he's totally out of it.

Man I hope so.

No, I don't think you're the only one but I do think you're in denial about Scott's health. He hasn't done an interview in a really long time so I don't think any of us really know how he's doing right now. I know we all hope he's better, and we've seen little nuggets in the news that he's better/trying to get better, so that's a little promising. I can tell you that the "bad interviews" are not an act. He's loaded out of his mind. That's pretty clear man.

i do think he's in a slightly better place now. this tampa interview's from awhile ago and he's improved a lot since then lets hope he sticks to "sober" living

Slither makes a great point here and I agree. Man it's been so long since we've seen a Scott interview I'd love to hear one. Not only to get some news on the band but I'll admit, also to assess his health and see how that's going.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2011, 11:55:11 PM »
I can't deny that his health was probably not in the best shape back when the interviews were going on. But after the Thackerville show, I can put my money on the fact that he is much better now.  He sounded completely coherent and was in a lot better shape then when I last saw him in Bossier City. 
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2011, 01:09:38 AM »
Scotts gonna do what scotts gonna do... As long as he continues making music I cant complain
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2011, 01:14:14 AM »
Scotts gonna do what scotts gonna do... As long as he continues making music I cant complain
+1

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2011, 01:27:27 AM »
Man it's been so long since we've seen a Scott interview I'd love to hear one. Not only to get some news on the band but I'll admit, also to assess his health and see how that's going.

Reading this for some reason brought me back to that Tiny Music era interview he did with MTV.  I think it wound up on their making of Big Bang Baby special - this would be the same special where Eric explains that (at the time) Adhesive was the most beautiful song they'd written. It was a while before then since Purple was in media coverage... I remember watching it when they got to the part where Scott was being interviewed on that blue couch while he was smoking.  He clearly looked like a heroin addict in that interview and it was just depressing and angering. In my mind, it was as bad a display as the Frusciante RHCP interview where they found that guy in a French Hotel room strung out of his mind missing teeth and babbling incessantly to the interviewer.  I got that feeling again when I listened to the interview in the link on page one of the thread.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015