September 30, 2024, 12:33:04 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland Tampa Radio Show Interview  (Read 11207 times)

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland Tampa Radio Show Interview
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 12:43:42 AM »
What's REALLY sad is that there are actually still people crying about a no-show that happened almost two and a half years ago!  Its Scott fucking Weiland. Not some squeaky-clean Justin Bieber. Shit happens, its rock n roll. I think the whiners need to buy some Kleenex, pop some Xanex, and get the fuck over it already. ::) ::)

well nobody here is whining... the whole thing was just kind of a mystery so weilands interview on the cowhead show was pretty anticipated to maybe get some insight ...but it turned out to be a terrible interview

the concert this year was great though..even though not many showed up
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2010, 12:54:48 AM »
I didn't mean anyone in this thread, I didn't think you guys were whiners. More just that the radio douche would even ASK such a stupid question about a forgotten incident. Sometimes my blunt bitchiness comes off worse than it should. :)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010, 01:05:24 AM »
I didn't mean anyone in this thread, I didn't think you guys were whiners. More just that the radio douche would even ASK such a stupid question about a forgotten incident. Sometimes my blunt bitchiness comes off worse than it should. :)

yeah nobody here likes cowhead... even before this interview
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

emerick55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2010, 01:33:15 AM »
The interviewer does seem like a douche - but in all reality, with all the speculation around weiland missing the show and his troubled past, it's a fair question like it or not given they were coming back to the same city.  And taking my bias towards scott, i honestly feel like what radio people said during the interview was pretty fair to be quite honest.  I was kind of troubled by this interview, especially his long pauses and then when they asked him if there was a delay he responded right away.  Scott didn't handle this one well, whether it be he just wasn't awake yet for this interview, his bipolar meds slowing him down, or he was in fact on something during this we won't know but bottom line is this was a really bad interview for him, and I can only imagine what I would think if I were someone who was not a fan, or already had a distaste for him.  I love the guy and this left a really bad taste in MY mouth.

emerick55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2010, 01:39:53 AM »
One last thing - Let's put it this way, you can take a question like that interviewer asked and turn it into something positive based on how you answer it or you can wallow around like Scott did and make things even worse than they already are.  The latter happened here, and it's not a cool thing to hear.  If scott came out and said "oh man, we are so sorry for the last show, blah blah happened last minute and we just could not make it - we promise to play a blistering 3 hour set tonight to make up for it with some songs you won't hear any other time during the tour, because we owe you guys this" etc, guess what?  everyone comes out thinking what a great guy scott is, and quickly people forget about the past and chalk it up to bad luck stp couldn't play, rather than assuming what may have been the real cause in that weiland was just drunk and/or drugged up that night in 08.  /rant

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2010, 01:59:23 AM »
well put emerick55. the DJ was asking understandable questions, but when weiland tried to dodge the question if you will then thats when the DJ took it too far with some comments that were unneccesary. and to be honest i dont think weiland was on anything, hes just so fried that whenever he tried to dodge the question it took him a while to come up with a story/excuse on the spot and it all just came out bad. i think it'd be best if weiland just quit doing interviews and let the deleos speak. everytime he does it comes out terrible. the alan cross interview, that one where he was in chicago, and now this? just another painful interview by scott weiland

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010, 02:41:38 AM »
The thing is, he's always stuttered a bit in interviews, but was able to get his point across. He also was able to come up with great words and was well articulated. Now, he struggles to come up with the most basic of sentences. I pray for Weiland.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2010, 04:05:24 AM »
Not to over-analyze this interview and beat it to death, but did you notice that Cowhead did offer Scott an easy way out, and Scott chose not to take it?  Cowhead said something about Vince Neil showing up for a show wasted and unable to perform, and later saying "well, what do you expect--it's ROCK 'N ROLL, man."  Cowhead then said that fans found that to be acceptable for Vince Neil, implying that fans would probably also find it acceptable for Scott.  But instead of jumping on that defense--which would have been really easy--Scott just proceeded to try to explain what happened (even though it was a different problem he was trying to explain, he still tried).  I'm not sure what I think about that, but on some strange level I kind of respect it.  Yes, it IS rock 'n roll, but some of the Tampa fans who invested both money and time in a show that never happened didn't bother this time around (as was evidenced by the half-empty venue).  Even if he is ScottFUCKINGWeiland, he still has to think about ticket sales (at least a little). 
I am
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland

emerick55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2010, 08:29:29 PM »
well put emerick55. the DJ was asking understandable questions, but when weiland tried to dodge the question if you will then thats when the DJ took it too far with some comments that were unneccesary. and to be honest i dont think weiland was on anything, hes just so fried that whenever he tried to dodge the question it took him a while to come up with a story/excuse on the spot and it all just came out bad. i think it'd be best if weiland just quit doing interviews and let the deleos speak. everytime he does it comes out terrible. the alan cross interview, that one where he was in chicago, and now this? just another painful interview by scott weiland

I agree about the deleos doing the interviews - rob and dean are very humble guys and speak well in all of the interviews I've heard. 

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2010, 09:44:40 PM »
and to be honest i dont think weiland was on anything, hes just so fried that whenever he tried to dodge the question it took him a while to come up with a story/excuse on the spot and it all just came out bad. i think it'd be best if weiland just quit doing interviews and let the deleos speak. everytime he does it comes out terrible. the alan cross interview, that one where he was in chicago, and now this? just another painful interview by scott weiland

First of all, let me say that I don't intend to offend you or any other STP fans. Everyone's entitled to their opinions. Also, I've been an STP fan for a long time, and I've defended Scott in conversation more times than I can count, and I will always love STP and wish Scott the best.

With that said, here's my educated opinion: Scott was high as a kite in these two interviews (Cowhead, Alan Cross), and if you can't see it, you either don't have enough experience to know what it looks or feels like to be high or you're in serious denial. Again, I'm not saying Scott Weiland is a bad person. I'm just stating my opinion that he was definitely high during these interviews, probably pills or dope, maybe some benzos thrown in.

Yes, Cowhead was a major dick, taking every chance he could to exploit Scott's inebriation and embarrass him for the entertainment value of the interview. If you work in rock radio, you're a supposed rock fan, and you should respect the guys who have done great things for the genre in the past and not throw them into the fire for a few laughs. "Don't bite the hand that feeds you." That kinda thing. Fuck that guy.

Cross was much more professional by playing along with Scott's guise of normalcy and keeping his WTFs to himself.

Don't get me wrong; I respect an interviewer's prerogative to call a person on their shit, but you've got to do it in a professional, respectful way, and if you can't do that, don't do it at all. Cowhead was basically making fun of Scott the whole time and acting like a fucking tool, which only ended up making himself look worse than Scott.

While Scott's obviously fooling a lot of people, he's not fooling me. These interviews are painful to watch, but they're also kinda good for me because they remind me of why I don't want to go back to that lifestyle of always pretending I'm sober and acting like I think I'm fooling people when I know I'm really not. Much of Scott's career is putting on an act though, so he's probably a lot more comfortable with it by now. I used to be all about "I hope Scott gets clean." Now I just want the dude to not die and keep making music. He's gonna do what he does. That seems to be the rest of the band's take on it at least.

Speaking of, I totally agree with the sentiment that Scott would do well to not say much in interviews and not take 1-on-1 interviews at all. Let the Deleos talk -- those guys are infinitely cool. Sure, Scott's the most interesting cat in the band, but he'd probably do more for the band's image as the mysterious silent one. Not that that will happen -- it's just a novel idea.

emerick55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 12:21:29 AM »
Well said, sir.  Well said.  Sorry for the late bump but that was a good post.

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 02:47:29 AM »
Seeing as this has been bumped already, here's my 2 cents:

Though I have no personal experience with drugs and know nothing about what the man himself is going through (none of us do), I feel that these "incidents" were more prescribed med oriented rather than dope or other illegal drugs.  Considering he had the "meltdown" in Houston (I hate it when people refer to it like this - it was only a rant), he obviously has things going on with alcohol.  And he is probably wanting to ease his troubles (pressure, death, divorce, whatever) with something other than his old addicitions.  So he probably had his med levels hiked up for a period.  Hopefully he/his doctors have it under control now, and it seems he is doing much better, at least on stage and in meet/greets.

The way he was in this interview (and the Alan Cross interview) was painful.  He's been high off his face before and it's actually made him more hyper, not speech-disabled like this.  The worry is that the pain meds/bipolar meds/sleeping pills/whatever are just as dangerous as the illegal drugs if he's misusing them.  "Clean" is not a word I can use for Scott, but I just hope he or the people who care for him have it "under control".
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Grab the hate and drown it out
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2011, 07:56:50 PM »
I know these thread is old, but I felt like listening to it today. Interviews like this make me love Scott even more, some may completely disagree but I actually liked it. The interview just adds to that rockstar mystic. I think he was sober, he was not slurring his words or anything, just taking awhile to get it out. Also, this is not the first interview with him where he is presented with a question and gives a completely obscure answer.
MM 3/10/09 STP 10/6/09 EC 6/19/10 SP7/16/10
STP 10/19/10 3EB 5/11/11 B182 8/12/11
Godsmack 8/16/11 Incubus 9/17/11
Foo's 11/8/11 Bush 12/2/11 JA 3/10/12 Bush 8/1/12
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14

Robert DeNiro

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2011, 08:13:33 PM »
unfortunately, i have known people who have struggled with addictions ( alchohol and drugs, particularly heroin )
this interview among with several others are not scott messing around. clearly he is NOT sober.
like the guy said a couple posts below me, either most people here havent had experience knowing someone who is struggling with drugs, or just dont want to believe it.
someone who has struggled with heroin 10+ years and then have some things happen such as things that have happened to weiland somewhat recently ( death of a brother, divorce ) are unfortunately very prone to fall back into the hole.
i hope for weiland and think hes doing better, but wouldnt doubt he does get high/drunk still, just maybe not as much as he used to.
as of now he seems to be holding it together, i wish nothing but the best for weiland i want him to be making music for  another 15 years

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2011, 07:12:17 AM »
First time I've heard this interview.  As a long time fan that's both disgusted by the interviewer but also unnerved at Scott for the behavior, I can say that listening to it makes me want to puke.  The interview at 6:57 minutes is where it just really becomes that head shaker where you go "gah" and want to walk away from it.

I don't like the interviewer, but let's be honest... I mean... he's a radio host and how was he supposed to react? That was on Scott. 100%.

Damn.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015