September 30, 2024, 12:28:52 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland Tampa Radio Show Interview  (Read 11203 times)

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
Scott Weiland Tampa Radio Show Interview
« on: November 30, 2010, 01:28:25 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzT6VU2fTXQ

cowhead is a douchebag in the interview and has recieved alot of heat from promoters after this interview demanding an apology... and plenty of negative feedback from the listeners
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland Tampa Radio Show Interview
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 09:22:49 AM »
yet again you are posting old stuff everybody's seen, you are just fishing posts, so you can get the download access aren't ya? idiot
I had the midwife naked and alone

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 08:13:34 AM »
yet again you are posting old stuff everybody's seen, you are just fishing posts, so you can get the download access aren't ya? idiot

way to be a dbag... i didnt see this anywhere whenever i posted it... and im not interested in anything in the download section... considering i already have the MJY demo and im not interested in hearing live versions

emerick55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 11:08:13 PM »
I hadn't heard this interview - thanks for posting it OP, man that was a painful listen. 

KRETZO

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 01:42:28 AM »
wow this is extremely sad, whats even worse is this was only like a month and a  1/2 ago =/

sorry sean you still have to listen to cowhead!
you can seek with the seeker, but hold on for the ride

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 03:38:25 AM »
wow this is extremely sad, whats even worse is this was only like a month and a  1/2 ago =/

It is sad.  But what's equally sad is that so many people bailed on the Tampa show.  This interview, coupled with the infamous 2008 Tampa show (the one that Scott didn't show up for) really turned people off.  They couldn't give those tickets away.  But you know what?  He showed up in fine form and gave a real solid performance.  Since then, I haven't heard any reported missteps--he's even shown up for a few fan meet&greets.  And what about the new dates in Australia?  He seems to be holding on.  Here's hoping, anyway.
I am
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 05:12:25 PM »

It is sad.  But what's equally sad is that so many people bailed on the Tampa show.  This interview, coupled with the infamous 2008 Tampa show (the one that Scott didn't show up for) really turned people off.  They couldn't give those tickets away.  But you know what?  He showed up in fine form and gave a real solid performance.  Since then, I haven't heard any reported missteps--he's even shown up for a few fan meet&greets.  And what about the new dates in Australia?  He seems to be holding on.  Here's hoping, anyway.

what do you mean people bailed on the tampa show?

i was at the ford ampitheatre in tampa on the day scott didnt show... this one band i cant even remember what they were called it was like something motorcycle club played for what seemed like forever... alot of the people that were there that night will tell you that they think scott was too messed up to go on stage... they blamed the reason on the storm that was already well north of the route you take from ft lauderdale to tampa ( approx 4 hour drive )... they talked about it in the local paper how the storm shouldnt have prevented them from getting to the show lol.. also some stations at the time were sayign scott was spotted in sarasota that night he was missing just walking the streets and sarasota is only an hour away from tampa... it just didnt make sense when you add it all up plus the radio stations were claiming weiland was unhappy about the ticket sales... which im pretty sure it was sold out .... either way it was a shitty night

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 05:33:17 PM »

I'm talking about the most recent Tampa show on 10/08/10.  The St. Pete Times Forum looked pretty empty.  I think a lot people didn't bother to go because they were tired of the drama.  It was not looking good after that radio interview, and the "no-show" in 2008.  In fact, all of the hockey season ticket holders received free tickets to STP--I guess that was an attempt to fill the venue.  It's a shame, really, because as I said, 10/08/10 turned out to be a really good show.
I am

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 05:46:26 PM »

I'm talking about the most recent Tampa show on 10/08/10.  The St. Pete Times Forum looked pretty empty.  I think a lot people didn't bother to go because they were tired of the drama.  It was not looking good after that radio interview, and the "no-show" in 2008.  In fact, all of the hockey season ticket holders received free tickets to STP--I guess that was an attempt to fill the venue.  It's a shame, really, because as I said, 10/08/10 turned out to be a really good show.

oh ok i thought you meant the first time around my bad... i was there this year too definately not the biggest crowd ive seen but then again it didnt really matter to me because me and my friends ( one of them josh (Kretzo)  got front row tickets! so i coudlnt see the crowd behind me anywyas
what people with lightning season tickets got free? i wish i would have known this!!!
i know alot of people bailed this year which sucks... but i knew if they bailed one year they couldnt bail again... i hope stp isnt turned off on tampa now with all the BS... hope their not all like ughhh we got tampa next week type attitude  haha

wish theyd play at tropicana field... had season tickets there !

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 06:33:36 PM »

what people with lightning season tickets got free? i wish i would have known this!!!

Yeah, can you believe it?  My boss gave me his, and I ended up with fantastic seats, front row on the side of the stage.  The way it was set up, I could see the whole backstage area.  I admit I had my doubts about this show, but I knew it was all good the minute I saw Scott walk through the door with a smile on his face.

I think local business owners received free tickets as well.  I was telling the owner of my hair salon about the show, and he was like, "Oh, you went to that?  I had six free tickets that I felt bad about not using, but I tried to give them away to customers and no one wanted them."  WTF.
I am

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 01:05:55 AM »

Yeah, can you believe it?  My boss gave me his, and I ended up with fantastic seats, front row on the side of the stage.  The way it was set up, I could see the whole backstage area.  I admit I had my doubts about this show, but I knew it was all good the minute I saw Scott walk through the door with a smile on his face.

I think local business owners received free tickets as well.  I was telling the owner of my hair salon about the show, and he was like, "Oh, you went to that?  I had six free tickets that I felt bad about not using, but I tried to give them away to customers and no one wanted them."  WTF.

wow your boss  trying to give away tickets yet me and "KRETZO" bought our tickets way in advance lol... i never heard anywhere of free tickets being giving out but now i know to look out for next time!

you must have been not too far from us we were in the middle-ish area of the front row

i like how cowhead the next day sarcastically asked if they showed up ... somebody please fire this guy

KRETZO

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 04:37:46 AM »
I'm suprised there wasn't a riot that night, there were alot of angry people there.
sadly i think the guy was too drunk/high to perform. and judging from this very recent painful interview i wouldnt doubt it unfortunately. Iwish him the best of luck though
The story they tried to feed everybody about the storm in south florida didnt fool anybody.
also the sighting of weiland in sarasota before the show started didnt help that story either. bc how could he get to sarasota and not tampa from ft lauderdale?

you can seek with the seeker, but hold on for the ride

emerick55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 07:49:23 PM »
What's interesting about this thread, and I know we are all Weiland fans, is no one brings up the fact that Scott totally dodges the question of why he was not at the original Tampa show in '08.  Makes everything seem worse rather than better... Not sure what he was doing before this interview but the more I think about it the less I want to know.  All around just not a good showing for Mr. weiland.

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 09:27:03 PM »
What's interesting about this thread, and I know we are all Weiland fans, is no one brings up the fact that Scott totally dodges the question of why he was not at the original Tampa show in '08. 

You're right, but as I listen to the interview, I get the sense that Scott either misinterprets the question or really does not remember.  Is that possible?  I don't know.  He does so many shows, and he was asked about something that happened two years ago.  Cowhead asks "what happened?," and Scott says "well, let's see..."  And he thinks back to a show where there was a problem--the more recent show in Cincinnati, where he fell off the stage--and he starts explaining that.  Don't get me wrong--I'm not defending him.  Should he remember being a no-show (for whatever reason)?  Yeah, I kinda think he should.  So why am I not angrier about this?  Maybe it's the fact that, even though he doesn't try to explain, he doesn't try to make excuses, either.  We'll never know what really happened, but maybe that's better than hearing some lame excuse that we know is not true anyway.  Maybe.
I am

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 09:37:58 PM »
What's REALLY sad is that there are actually still people crying about a no-show that happened almost two and a half years ago!  Its Scott fucking Weiland. Not some squeaky-clean Justin Bieber. Shit happens, its rock n roll. I think the whiners need to buy some Kleenex, pop some Xanex, and get the fuck over it already. ::) ::)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!