July 07, 2024, 09:27:54 AM

Author Topic: Would anyopne like to hear Rob or Eric take extended solos?  (Read 3184 times)

richkdr

• Arrival
    • View Profile
Would anyopne like to hear Rob or Eric take extended solos?
« on: November 17, 2010, 01:46:04 AM »
I love STP's live show, especially how tight the band has become since their reunion tour. (I've seen them four times since '08). We know that their shows can be rather straightforward at times. The idea that I had in mind was that, after stp plays a slower song (ala creep,Big Empty) they could go into press play since its mostly drum and bass anyway. Then fade the lighting to where its on Rob and Eric and at this time Scott and Dean exit stage right just to the point where they cant be seen.While Eric lays down a soft groove, Rob could improv a solo over the groove. Nothing too long, maybe about 15- 20 measures. Once thats done Eric can lay down a kick ass drum solo for about 45 seconds to a minute long. Once thats done, Eric should do a single, snare hit and they come right back in your face with Heaven & Hotrods or something fast and heavy that takes off right from the start.   
      I know its far feteched, but I would love to see Stp pull off something like this during their shows. It builds some tension in the show and it gives every member a quick breather ( not like they really need it hehe.)

bluesuedeiztrad

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: Would anyopne like to hear Rob or Eric take extended solos?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 02:58:59 AM »
They did some instrumental jams this past tour. not really extended jams, but still worth seeing. 'Silvergun Superman' has my favorite STP solo, so I wouldn't mind hearing how it sounds extended.

I think that 'Big Emtpy' could make an extended solo work, esp for the last chorus. maybe even an added interlude, like how Zeppelin would add stuff to songs.

Can you imagine an extended solo for 'trippin'? That would make it even more of a killer closer.