August 07, 2024, 10:57:43 AM

Author Topic: Best Buy Deluxe Edition  (Read 29624 times)

cubsof89

• Cubsof89
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • check me out on the book of faces
Re: Best Buy Deluxe Edition
« Reply #195 on: November 30, 2008, 06:08:18 PM »
Quote from: "TemplePilot"
Also...I thought this was a Best Buy exclusive?  I was in Fry's today and they were selling it too.

It is a BB exclusive. Fry's gets away with selling it because Fry's is not a "retail" store. They purchase many of their items from retailers(they probably bought them in bulk from BB or Amazon), then place them on their own shelves for sale.

For example, when purchasing electronics from Fry's you have to be careful because many of their products will not have a manufacturer warranty once you purchase it. This is because when Fry's purchased it from a retailer, they are considered the first owner. Once they sell it, the warranty is void. Costco does the same thing. For example, Apple does not sell their product for resale in Costco.

As a result, Costco purchases their iPods, etc, from places like Best Buy, then resales them in their own warehouse with no warranty.

This also allows Costco to avoid things like "Price Locks" put in place by vendors. Apple and Bose are notorious for not allowing retailers to adjust the prices on their products. If they do, they are at risk of losing their product line from their shelves. This is how Costco and Fry's, as well as other "warehouse" type stores get around that.
Hope that answers your question.
If you give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a night. But if you SET a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2008, 07:31:01 AM »
Am I the only European who is really pissed off that we cannot own this album?? I wish Best Buy shipped worldwide, it looks like i'm going to end up paying over the odds for this album on ebay  >:(
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #197 on: December 01, 2008, 05:14:35 PM »
Quote from: "Dive"
Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't pre-ordering ensuring you'll get a copy when it's released? That's what I thought the purpose was...but what do I know. I will never pre-order anything from them again.  ::)

You're wrong.  When you pre-ordered the CD, it said right at the bottom of the page that it would BE SHIPPED on 11/25.  Clearly, if that's when it is being shipped, you aren't going to be receiving it the next day.  Unless you paid extra for overnight shipping, you were told that the earliest you should expect your CD is December 1st.  It was in black and white letters on your screen, and several people here shared that information after they placed their own preorders.  THIS IS WHY SO MANY PEOPLE CANCELLED THEIR PREORDERS - they wanted the disc ON the 25th.

"Preorder" doesn't mean that you're going to get the CD/game/book/whatever EARLY.  It means that it will be SHIPPED on the release date.  The purpose of preordering something is to ensure that you WILL recieve your copy - if supplies in the stores run out/low, you will still receive yours.  This isn't something Best Buy has invented - it's simply how preordering works.  

Quote from: "CagedTiger"
Am I the only European who is really pissed off that we cannot own this album?? I wish Best Buy shipped worldwide, it looks like i'm going to end up paying over the odds for this album on ebay >:(

This link has been posted several times:  EUROPEANS ORDER YOUR DELUXE EDITION HERE MORE INFORMATION INCLUDED IN THIS LINK

Lastly, NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE FREE TSHIRT YOU GET FROM ENTERING THE BEST BUY PROMO CODE INCLUDED WITH THE DELUXE EDITION LOOKS LIKE.  Dammit.  If the damn thing takes 4-6 weeks to arrive, how in the holy fuck do you expect people that JUST requested it on the 25th to have received it already?  Stop asking.  Stop.  Just.  Stop.  STOP.  I'm sure the first person to receive theirs will post a photo, and then all our questions will be answered.  Asking the same question 1,000 times isn't going to get it answered any quicker.  And besides - does it really matter what the shirt looks like?  It's free with the double-disc version.  If it comes and it's ugly and sucks, you're not out anything.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2008, 06:08:10 PM »
Quote from: "cubsof89"
Quote from: "MedicBarbie"
Quote from: "gizallinyabiz"
sorry if this has been posted already but i couldnt find it. can someone tell me what the free t-shirt thing looks like? is it just a card and a code or what? cause i got mine and i dont see shit...wanna make sure im not overlooking it...thanks

It's a small black card in with the lyrics booklet.

One of my CD's had it, and the other didn't so I don't know what to do now.  :(

Not sure if you're near a BB or not. If you are, you can exchange it over the counter and check to make sure your new one has the code in it.
Hope this helps.

If not, email me and I'll help you out.

You ROCK!  Thanks so much! :-* :-* WOOT!

Dive

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2008, 10:24:34 PM »
Thanks for responding STPGirl. I wasn't expecting the CD before the release at all. I read the text on the order. I just got another email today saying it's backordered. So I won't be getting it by Dec. 2nd either. At this point, I'm just going to buy it when I get to the city.  ::)

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 02, 2008, 04:13:16 AM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Quote from: "Dive"
Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't pre-ordering ensuring you'll get a copy when it's released? That's what I thought the purpose was...but what do I know. I will never pre-order anything from them again.  ::)

You're wrong.  When you pre-ordered the CD, it said right at the bottom of the page that it would BE SHIPPED on 11/25.  Clearly, if that's when it is being shipped, you aren't going to be receiving it the next day.  Unless you paid extra for overnight shipping, you were told that the earliest you should expect your CD is December 1st.  It was in black and white letters on your screen, and several people here shared that information after they placed their own preorders.  THIS IS WHY SO MANY PEOPLE CANCELLED THEIR PREORDERS - they wanted the disc ON the 25th.

"Preorder" doesn't mean that you're going to get the CD/game/book/whatever EARLY.  It means that it will be SHIPPED on the release date.  The purpose of preordering something is to ensure that you WILL recieve your copy - if supplies in the stores run out/low, you will still receive yours.  This isn't something Best Buy has invented - it's simply how preordering works.  

Quote from: "CagedTiger"
Am I the only European who is really pissed off that we cannot own this album?? I wish Best Buy shipped worldwide, it looks like i'm going to end up paying over the odds for this album on ebay >:(

This link has been posted several times:  EUROPEANS ORDER YOUR DELUXE EDITION HERE MORE INFORMATION INCLUDED IN THIS LINK

Lastly, NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE FREE TSHIRT YOU GET FROM ENTERING THE BEST BUY PROMO CODE INCLUDED WITH THE DELUXE EDITION LOOKS LIKE.  Dammit.  If the damn thing takes 4-6 weeks to arrive, how in the holy fuck do you expect people that JUST requested it on the 25th to have received it already?  Stop asking.  Stop.  Just.  Stop.  STOP.  I'm sure the first person to receive theirs will post a photo, and then all our questions will be answered.  Asking the same question 1,000 times isn't going to get it answered any quicker.  And besides - does it really matter what the shirt looks like?  It's free with the double-disc version.  If it comes and it's ugly and sucks, you're not out anything.

Down girl....easy tiger, lol

:P

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #201 on: December 02, 2008, 02:46:40 PM »
Quote from: "lovemachine97"
Down girl....easy tiger, lol

:P

lol.  But I'm right.   ;)

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 10, 2008, 04:16:39 AM »
Soooooooo... here's the latest & greatest from BB. I got this fowarded to me today.

"Thank you for your recent order and for shopping at BestBuy.com

An item you recently ordered is on backorder. We are still making every effort to deliver your order, but you may not receive it by December 24, 2008 . If you do not need this item by December 24, please disregard this e-mail. If you do need this item by December 24, please call 1-888-Best Buy (1-888-237-8289) to discuss other delivery options that may include:

Finding a store in your area with the item in stock
Selecting a similar item that is available for delivery by December 24

To ensure all of the best options are available to you, please call Customer Care (1-888-237-8289) by Sunday, December 21, 2008, at 11:00 a.m. ET . We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause and we look forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to www.BestBuy.com. For additional updates, please check your order status.

Thank you for your loyalty,

Best Buy Customer Care"

THEY CAN LICK MY BIG FAT DUMPER!!!!!

I actually went out & BOUGHT a copy friday night cuz I just couldnt take it any longer.

I can't switch my pre ordered copy to be picked up in a store cuz mine was bought for me & well, you need the credit card with you.... Um, well, I was screwed on that idea.

THEY SUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 10, 2008, 02:37:10 PM »

I spit out my drink from laughing when i read that! LOL!!!!! ;D
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #204 on: December 10, 2008, 02:46:18 PM »
Man, I'm glad I didn't do this whole pre-order thing.  ;D
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 10, 2008, 07:09:07 PM »
You'd figure they at least offer something to make up for there fumbling

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #206 on: December 10, 2008, 08:22:11 PM »
Quote from: "wayne gretzky"
You'd figure they at least offer something to make up for there fumbling

Ugh.  The only fumble was that the pre-order for the double-disc did not start on the 9th like it was supposed to.

Anyone that pre-ordered but has not received their yet was warned of that right on the BB website when the ordered.  It said shipping BEGINS on the 25th, and the estimated day of arrival for the disc was December 3.  That was until the album was backordered.  At THAT point, they were notified that the item they were attempting to purchase was on backorder.

Where the hell do all you people live that you don't have a Best Buy nearby?  lol.  I live in Cleveland (mistake on the lake!), which is probably one of the worst cities you can even imagine as far as shopping goes.  And I still can't drive 10 miles in any direction without hitting a BB.

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2008, 12:35:40 AM »
Quote from: "SoftVinyl"

I spit out my drink from laughing when i read that! LOL!!!!! ;D

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! It does make a statement don't it?  ;D

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 11, 2008, 03:04:23 AM »
You always come up with the best lines Mel, LOL!! :-*

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2008, 03:50:34 AM »
Hahahahhaa, thanks... it comes with being the designated comedian of the family. Im my mommy's favorite (I must be, Im the only one who she didn't THROW OUT OF THE HOUSE!), and I always make her laugh her skinny ass off.