July 02, 2024, 06:45:32 AM

Author Topic: Best Buy Deluxe Edition  (Read 27345 times)

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
Re: Best Buy Deluxe Edition
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2008, 08:47:38 AM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
Received my single disc autographed copy in the mail today.
They sent a sealed copy of the single disc version and then also a second cd booklet with Scott's signature on the front.  

Pretty cool!  

I now have a legal copy of the first disc in my little hands.  The artwork inside is pretty colorful and eclectic.  I am not smitten with the cover per se, but I really like the rest of the art.  The CD itself looks like an old audio reel (similar to a movie reel).  Cool stuff!

and you like in america....that probably means it'll be like a week before I get mine then  :(
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2008, 09:44:12 AM »
WOW, so I went to BB earlier tonight (Monday the 24th) and 'Happy' was right there on the shelves, so I grabbed it.  I thought it was supposed to come out tomorrow on the 25th, but I certainly didn't mind the 24 hour advance.  (Looks like I'll be returning my pre-order when it gets here.)
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2008, 02:27:06 PM »
I hate all you guys for having the album already today.   :P

I'm stuck at work until 5:00.  Dammit.  Tony's supposed to pick it up today if/when he passes a BB, so it should be waiting for me when I get home.  AND tonight is the series finale of The Shield - ooh, so much going on today!
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

guvnagrover

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2008, 02:35:12 PM »
Noticed on Best Buy.com that the deluxe edition is backordered-I haven't gotten my email notice that it shipped.  So, I basically ordered via in store pickup.

Now I have to wait until 5p to get the deluxe edition-BAH
"Skin is smooth I steal a glance...Dragon flies 'er' gliding over"

"Cause she could play the six string, Better than those macho pendejos...Oh Maver..."

NakedFountain

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2008, 02:38:18 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"

I'm stuck at work until 5:00.  Dammit.  Tony's supposed to pick it up today if/when he passes a BB, so it should be waiting for me when I get home.  AND tonight is the series finale of The Shield - ooh, so much going on today!

At least you're getting it today, mine is still in the mail somewhere from the US  :(  I really hoped it would be here today, but nope...sucks.
I can drown your sorrow"

NakedFountain

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2008, 02:41:00 PM »
^^is that for the entire album or what?
I can drown your sorrow"

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2008, 03:23:13 PM »
WHY is BB first shipping the fucking CD TODAY?? wtf??
Why was Newbury comics able to get it to me a day early??

BB are asshats.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2008, 03:25:50 PM »
BestBuy.com sent me an e-mail this morning saying my order got shipped TODAY. Wtf. If they're the proprietors of the Deluxe Edition, don't you think they should get to ship it one or two days early for the lucky bastards (including moi) who forked over the extra dough for the Deluxe Edition?! Goddamn, I expect it here tomorrow at the latest BESTBUY!!!
Back for another one

guvnagrover

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2008, 03:50:23 PM »
Quote from: "The Action Girls"
BestBuy.com sent me an e-mail this morning saying my order got shipped TODAY. Wtf. If they're the proprietors of the Deluxe Edition, don't you think they should get to ship it one or two days early for the lucky bastards (including moi) who forked over the extra dough for the Deluxe Edition?! Goddamn, I expect it here tomorrow at the latest BESTBUY!!!

Yeah, I still haven't gotten my notification yet-and I paid for the expedited shipping too!!!
"Skin is smooth I steal a glance...Dragon flies 'er' gliding over"

"Cause she could play the six string, Better than those macho pendejos...Oh Maver..."

CREEP2

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2008, 03:56:05 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"

Jessie, you have my word I will pick it up and if I don't I will not come home.
 :D lol.
"I\'d suck dick for fashion and there was a time when I\'d suck dick for a crack hit,

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2008, 06:16:07 PM »
I'm so excited! Just got back from Best Buy with the deluxe version and I'm putting it on my itunes now!!
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2008, 06:52:43 PM »
Well wtf! Am I supposed to go pick up my copy or is it getting shipped to my door?! Jesus christ, I want my deluxe edition!!!
Back for another one

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2008, 07:00:56 PM »
Dunno if it's the same everywhere (assume it is) but if you're getting the delux edition in store, don't wait if you don't have to.  I got there today at 11 (hour after opening) and there was only one copy.  Pretty sure retail stores aren't getting very many double disc editions.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2008, 07:09:58 PM »
My pre-order from bestbuy.com shipped today and it usually takes 4 -5 days to arrive.  So I just purchased one from the local best buy and will return the other one or give it as a gift to a friend.  There were about 10 copies or so left on the shelf.  Although I believe Cubs mentioned that each store will only have 20 or so.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

rymo84

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2008, 07:12:27 PM »
I just picked mine up at Best Buy about an hour ago. I listened to the first disc during my drive and it sounds really good. I'd held out listening to all the online songs floating around out there so this was my first listen to most of the songs. Plus the quality off the CD is just so much better than all those ripped versions. I'm just popping in disc #2 on the home stereo.

The BB I went to hadn't sold any yet by the looks of it. The price tag on it was $24.99 which really kind of ticked me off, I thought it would be the special discount price. Then I took it to the cash register and it rang up $16.99. That was cool, but they could of at least posted the real sale price somewhere.