October 02, 2024, 10:22:12 AM

Author Topic: Best Buy Deluxe Edition  (Read 32424 times)

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Best Buy Deluxe Edition
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2008, 06:55:19 PM »
Quote from: "STPHEAD"
hi Guys,

I think its fairly safe to say that the 16.99 version of Happy is the Deluxe.. they finally added it under the description for the deluxe here:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage.js ... e=category

Anyone getting charged for shipping?

According to their description, shipping should be free but they are charging me when I go though the ordering process.

Guess I'll just wait a few more days until they have EVERYTHING fixed :)
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2008, 07:22:48 PM »
Quote from: "Five Star Edge"
hi Guys,

I think its fairly safe to say that the 16.99 version of Happy is the Deluxe.. they finally added it under the description for the deluxe here:

According to their description, shipping should be free but they are charging me when I go though the ordering process.

Good eye!  I hadn't even noticed that.  I just went and double-checked - you are correct, it DOES say "free shipping" - but when you go to order, the lowest amount is the $1.49 shipping.   ???   This is turning into quite a hysterical little mess!!
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2008, 07:26:37 PM »
Quote from: "cubsof89"
So, I'm probably not gonna make any friends here by broadcasting this, but....

I'm a manager for a best buy store in Nevada. The preorder is online only. Unfortunately, the web site and the stores pretty much operate as two different companies, so please don't take out a failure of the web site team on store employees. Stores run totally different promotions and can't possibly keep track of all the online offers at the same time.

With that said, I placed my order via phone, but am also doubtful it was for the correct cd. I have yet to get my email with the info about the M C download.

Now, the bonus to being a manager in the store is that when new cd's come in, usually 1-5 days BEFORE their release, I get to see what's new.

This means, by the end of next week I should have an idea if the t-shirts or deluxe edition will be in Best Buy stores. And trust me, every time I get a UPS shipment I'll be tearing through it to see if "Happy" is in it.

So please don't take this out on store employees. I'll let you know as soon as I get the product into my store what the deal is for in store purchases.

Sorry I didn't post sooner. My wife and I had our baby a few days ago so I've been rightfully spending my time elsewhere.

Spencer Wrigley Bryant

He's amazing! Another Cubs fan!!!!!

lol

-Cubs

Thanks for the info, yoru help, and mostly--you're right, and I never treat employees badly (cause I know how it feels), and people never should UNLESS the employees are just absolute a-holes.

I WILL say it is frustrating when the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.  It's EXTREMELY frustrating to see a DVD onsale, as I have, at Target.com for $29.99, and, living about 30 seconds from a Super Target, go to the store, and have it priced at $45.99.  Then, when asking if they honor their web prices, say no, cuz there is shipping too.  I offered to go through the process in front of the manager, and pay whatever the total price was with shipping, and she declined.  I asked if she was saying she'd rather lose business to the corporate website from a guy in her store right now with cash, and she didn't answer.

Best Buy can't possibly be thinking they are going to get zillions in sales from being the only place to offer this version, can they?  This isn't Timberlake, it's Weiland.  I mean, if they make it so difficult to find this product (and neither their website, their online support staff, nor their store employees can help), they have to realize that come the 25th, this thing'll be online.  When it is so easy to steal, don't make it hard to buy.

Anyway, hopefully this all works out.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2008, 07:46:36 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
hi Guys,

Good eye!  I hadn't even noticed that.  I just went and double-checked - you are correct, it DOES say "free shipping" - but when you go to order, the lowest amount is the $1.49 shipping.   ???   This is turning into quite a hysterical little mess!!

free shipping but maybe not free handling. Which might be why they are charging a $1.49 (shipping would be a hell of a lot more)
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2008, 07:54:56 PM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
hi Guys,

free shipping but maybe not free handling. Which might be why they are charging a $1.49 (shipping would be a hell of a lot more)

$1.49 is the standard S&H charge for one cd at bestbuy.com

ZhaoShu

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/zhao_shu
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2008, 08:17:36 PM »
from Scotts myspace:

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pre-Order "Happy" In Galoshes TODAY!

After a few days on confusion the pre-order for the Deluxe Edition of Scott Weiland's solo album, "Happy" In Galoshes is finally available on BestBuy.com.

The Special Deluxe Edition of "Happy" In Galoshes includes two discs, 19 songs & over 88 minutes of music, an expanded, full color 16-page booklet, a redemption card for a free Scott Weiland t-shirt, and an immediate download of the new single "Missin' Cleveland"!

So get over to BestBuy.com/ScottWeiland and pre-order "Happy" In Galoshes NOW!

cubsof89

• Cubsof89
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • check me out on the book of faces
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2008, 09:11:24 PM »
Awesome! The web site has a 7 digit sku number assigned to the deluxe addition now, meaning, it will be super easy for me to track it at work now.

So any online order made before today were for the single disc version.

If you wanted the deluxe edition, call 888-BESTBUY with your order number have them order item #9126572.

The single disc item number is #9098371.

Also, you can call 888-BESTBUY to have them remove the shipping charge.

That's what I did.

Keep in mind that pre orders may not arrive until Dec. 2nd. If the deluxe edition is in the store Nov. 25th, I'll buy it and then return my online order once it arrives. The only reason I ordered it online right now is to make sure I get the t-shirt and in case the deluxe is only online.

I'll let you know as soon as it arrives in my store if we have the double disc's or t-shirts.
If you give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a night. But if you SET a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

lunacy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lunacy__
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2008, 09:55:59 PM »
bestbuy.com makes me ANGRY.
why is it so fucking hard to ship to europe? WHY?
ilsdhgsdjg *angry mode*

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2008, 05:39:18 AM »
LOL, now ALL online ordering at Best Buy is down.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2008, 06:00:38 AM »
Well HOT DAMN, I didn't get to order it because I'll get paid tomorrow, but one of the girls from my SW fan page on myspace BOUGHT IT FOR ME!! Totaly fucking shocked me, I don't know this girl personally but she loves my page. I said I'd pay her back & she said no, it was a gift for doing my page (or something like that). I feel like its fucking CHRISTMAS MAN!! I am a lucky lucky girl.

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2008, 01:02:23 PM »
Quote from: "lovemachine97"
LOL, now ALL online ordering at Best Buy is down.

i just saw that...they are updating their website.

technical difficulties at it's finest. reminds me at my husband's business - we sell the latest and greatest technology (even help build submarines and air craft carriers for the military) but - it takes my computer 30 minutes to boot in the morning?
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.

Cucho

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/voxfantome
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2008, 02:00:18 PM »
Does anybody know if it's an online sale only delux ed? Since I live in Puerto Rico, which isn't a state but is part of USA, I can't buy the album online. BestBuy.com sales to US states only. There is a BestBuy in PR, but there is not an option to pick up in store for this item.

First the Orlando Show getting canceled, then NYC show selling out and now this?! Seems '08 hasn't been my lucky STP year. F**k!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2008, 02:23:02 PM »
Cucho,  I'm fairly certain the double-disc "deluxe" edition will be available in stores, without the pre-order.  If I'm understanding everything correctly, the pre-order simply gives you a better price for the cd.

We called Best Buy last night to cancel the single-cd order we previously placed.  The girl was very nice and said explained that if you pre-order and CALL THE STORE on or before the 25th, you can request in-store pickup rather than having it sent.  Seems a little confusing for me, so I'm just waiting until clearer information is available.   :)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2008, 02:48:00 PM »
Cucho,  I'm fairly certain the double-disc "deluxe" edition will be available in stores, without the pre-order.  If I'm understanding everything correctly, the pre-order simply gives you a better price for the cd.

We called Best Buy last night to cancel the single-cd order we previously placed.  The girl was very nice and said explained that if you pre-order and CALL THE STORE on or before the 25th, you can request in-store pickup rather than having it sent.  Seems a little confusing for me, so I'm just waiting until clearer information is available.   :)
My husband used to work at best buy and said that if u pre-order that sometimes they send it to you a day or 2 early..trying to make it here by the date it actually releases.  but sometimes u get it earlier
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2008, 04:19:19 PM »

I’m fairly confident that the in-store price for the deluxe edition (assuming it can be purchased at best buy stores) will also be $16.99 (I don’t think anyone sells at the ‘list price’).

The only advantage in pre-ordering, that I perceive, is a free download of ‘Missing Cleveland’.  The t-shirt offer may be online only as well (have to wait and see on that one).