October 02, 2024, 11:24:19 AM

Author Topic: Best Buy Deluxe Edition  (Read 32425 times)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: Best Buy Deluxe Edition
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2008, 10:21:18 PM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
So... has anyone called that number & got a pre order going or not??

Tony called the number and said he was on the phone with them for about 15 minutes.  The girl he talked to assured him that he successfully pre-ordered the DELUXE edition, though his total came to $13.9somthing - same price as the single.  Which makes me think this girl is a liar.

Hold off on preordering until there is some sort of official word.  Again, when ordering on the Best Buy site, it will be a DOUBLE DISC and appear listed as a DELUXE EDITION.  According to ZhaoShu, there WILL BE an announcement made on STP's MySpace page.

*Corrected because I said Scott's MySpace.  Which is wrong.  Check back with STP's MySpace.  Thanks, ZS.   :-*
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 10:47:34 PM by STPGurl »
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2008, 10:38:11 PM »
Quote from: "Five Star Edge"
Quote from: "lovemachine97"
Missing Cleveland is now available for d/l on iTunes, and the album is available for preorder.  There is a 14th track listed on iTunes, "I Know It's Too Late".

I don't believe this song has been mentioned for the (supposed) Best Buy double disc, so that's at least one more track, though I don't see myself buying it again on iTunes for the one song if it's album-only.

cool, thanks for the info!  I checked itunes last night and didn't see anything, so they must have updated it this morning.  Do you know if the album is 'itunes plus' (DRM free)?

I had just checked when I posted that.  THey usually have the new Tuesday albums up between 9-10pm on Monday night (PST), which is also when they do other updates (digital singles, preorders, etc.).  It looks like so far it's only available for $9.99 which I understand isn't iTunes Plus...

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2008, 11:05:05 PM »
Quote from: "Five Star Edge"
Missing Cleveland is now available for d/l on iTunes, and the album is available for preorder.  There is a 14th track listed on iTunes, "I Know It's Too Late".

I don't believe this song has been mentioned for the (supposed) Best Buy double disc, so that's at least one more track, though I don't see myself buying it again on iTunes for the one song if it's album-only.

cool, thanks for the info!  I checked itunes last night and didn't see anything, so they must have updated it this morning.  Do you know if the album is 'itunes plus' (DRM free)?

I had just checked when I posted that.  THey usually have the new Tuesday albums up between 9-10pm on Monday night (PST), which is also when they do other updates (digital singles, preorders, etc.).  It looks like so far it's only available for $9.99 which I understand isn't iTunes Plus...

So what's the point of a digital pre-sale? Do you get a cheaper price for the album?
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2008, 03:18:59 AM »
Hey Guys

I cant seem to find the double disc version on bestbuy.com , could someone give me a link ?
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2008, 04:13:43 AM »
Quote from: "MAJOR METAL"
Hey Guys

I cant seem to find the double disc version on bestbuy.com , could someone give me a link ?
UGH!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2008, 05:22:38 AM »
Now I'm a bit confused...

Is the Deluxe Edition a Best Buy exclusive?
Or is everyone getting a hard on for it at bestbuy.com because of the free shirt?

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2008, 05:33:07 AM »
Quote from: "Rocketboy"
Now I'm a bit confused...

Is the Deluxe Edition a Best Buy exclusive?
Or is everyone getting a hard on for it at bestbuy.com because of the free shirt?

The deluxe edition on BB.com has the t shirt & (if you want it the M C download). Im sure you can get the 2cd's anywhere, onece its released, but BB is the one with the shirt. And the only one I thionk you are SUPPOSE TO BE ABLE TO PRE ODRER NOW FROM!

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2008, 10:52:14 AM »
So as if I didn't check the forum enough, now I'm checking bestbuy all the time... and I just saw this posted.

Happy In Galoshes (Bb) - CD  SKU: 9126572
Format  - CD
Release Date  -  11/25/2008  
Genre  -  Pop
Label  -  UNKNOWN

It's $16.99 on sale from $24.99, so the price sounds about right, but there is no cover art, or any mention of # of discs, or any t-shirt.  So who knows, maybe it'll be available for pre-order by the time it comes out.  

Also, whats the deal with "I Know It's Too Late"?  Is that an iTunes exclusive? or an import or what?
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2008, 04:28:38 PM »
ok so if I buy this thing for $16.99 via pre order, do you think I'll get the double disc? Otherwise I'm going to wait for a guarantee. Do you guys think I should go for it? Have you all been?

Side note, really unimpressed by best buy right now.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2008, 04:29:34 PM »
Also, this best buy issue is almost worthy of a new thread. What's the advantage of pre-ordering this anyway? Can't I just walk into the store on 11/25 and buy the deluxe package?

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2008, 04:46:05 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
ok so if I buy this thing for $16.99 via pre order, do you think I'll get the double disc? Otherwise I'm going to wait for a guarantee. Do you guys think I should go for it? Have you all been?

Side note, really unimpressed by best buy right now.

Quote from: "JugeSTP"
Also, this best buy issue is almost worthy of a new thread. What's the advantage of pre-ordering this anyway? Can't I just walk into the store on 11/25 and buy the deluxe package?

At first the advantages were that you'd basically get a free Scott Weiland T-Shirt.  But aside from that, BB supposedly will be the only place you can get the deluxe album, and from the original wording on the website, it seemed like the t-shirt is probably some mail in thing that'll come inside the deluxe album.  (Thus making the pre-order even more useless.)

So I'm waiting until BB.com figures their shit out.... but most likely, I'll be picking up the deluxe album at the store on the 25th.  And if I have to, downloading the iTunes bonus track 'I Know It's Too Late'.  (And any other bonus tracks that may/hopefully pop up in the near future.)
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

cubsof89

• Cubsof89
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • check me out on the book of faces
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2008, 05:13:44 PM »
So, I'm probably not gonna make any friends here by broadcasting this, but....

I'm a manager for a best buy store in Nevada. The preorder is online only. Unfortunately, the web site and the stores pretty much operate as two different companies, so please don't take out a failure of the web site team on store employees. Stores run totally different promotions and can't possibly keep track of all the online offers at the same time.

With that said, I placed my order via phone, but am also doubtful it was for the correct cd. I have yet to get my email with the info about the M C download.

Now, the bonus to being a manager in the store is that when new cd's come in, usually 1-5 days BEFORE their release, I get to see what's new.

This means, by the end of next week I should have an idea if the t-shirts or deluxe edition will be in Best Buy stores. And trust me, every time I get a UPS shipment I'll be tearing through it to see if "Happy" is in it.

So please don't take this out on store employees. I'll let you know as soon as I get the product into my store what the deal is for in store purchases.

Sorry I didn't post sooner. My wife and I had our baby a few days ago so I've been rightfully spending my time elsewhere.

Spencer Wrigley Bryant

He's amazing! Another Cubs fan!!!!!

lol

-Cubs
If you give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a night. But if you SET a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2008, 05:43:03 PM »
Thanks for all that info, Jerome.   ;D   I'll be looking forward to your next post in this thread and any other additional information you might have about this release.

And congrats on the newest edition to the Cubsie family!

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2008, 06:10:24 PM »
hi Guys,

I think its fairly safe to say that the 16.99 version of Happy is the Deluxe.. they finally added it under the description for the deluxe here:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage.js ... e=category
My only exit is a one way out...

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2008, 06:27:27 PM »
Thanks, STPHead.  That's absolutely the Deluxe, 2-disc version.  The list price is $24.99, the Best Buy price is $16.99.  Awesome work!   :D

Anyone (Cubs?) know if I can pick it up in the store on a pre-order?  The site says "Store pickup coming soon!" - so I'm not sure if I should hold off on placing the order until it says something different.  I want that damn CD IN MY HANDS on the 25th.  Not one day later.   :D